Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You really think Fonda meant any of that nonsense he typed? Most of Twitter is like that.

Funny to me, we're all supposed to assume Trump doesn't mean all the crazy crap he posts on there, but let an actor with essentially NO power whatsoever say something outlandish about politics and everyone clutches all the pearls and is overcome by the vapors.

Come on.

And, the Roseanne thing? Not the same. She was saying something racist... the political part of her commentary was not remotely problematic.

Sorry, pure BS on your part. Im not trying to defend Rosanne or Trump, but quit trying to defend what Fonda said as not that big a deal. Its why the middle thinks the left has lost its mind. You guys are as bad as the nutters from the other side you rail against. Now GQ is suggesting that DT Jr wants to bugger his mom. But maybe that is not all that bad either to the left *shrug*

The country is being taken down the tubes by idjits that defend this stuff because it comes from their own side and is aimed at those they hate. Just frickin sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 12:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
LOL.

So in your world racism is horrible, but suggesting that a child be locked up with pedophiles is just a little crude .

Geez.
Noo... I think saying racist things is horrible. Roseanne was free to have all the racist thoughts in the world, but she made a racist statement, in public, aimed at a former public servant. People have no tolerance for that crap.

I think that suggesting a teenager be locked up with questionable individuals is crude, but I think what Trump and Sessions have ACTUALLY DONE to kids is far worse.

I mean, Fonda didn't go kidnap the boy and lock him in a room full of predators, did he?

No... he drew a parallel. And, I do think it was a very crude parallel to be drawing, but he did not communicate any sort of actual threat, so what's the real issue here, other than people complaining because they don't like liberals and they looooove Trump?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Noo... I think saying racist things is horrible. Roseanne was free to have all the racist thoughts in the world, but she made a racist statement, in public, aimed at a former public servant. People have no tolerance for that crap.

I think that suggesting a teenager be locked up with questionable individuals is crude, but I think what Trump and Sessions have ACTUALLY DONE to kids is far worse.

I mean, Fonda didn't go kidnap the boy and lock him in a room full of predators, did he?

No... he drew a parallel. And, I do think it was a very crude parallel to be drawing, but he did not communicate any sort of actual threat, so what's the real issue here, other than people complaining because they don't like liberals and they looooove Trump?

If you think what was done to the kids at the border is worse than locking a kid up with pedophiles, then clearly you either have a few screws loose or simply have no real clue whats going on.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Is there anyone on the left who called for Peter Fonda to be banned?

Awfully quiet from leftist! What a huge disgrace! Where are the once who agreed that kids are off limit?

These things shouldn't even be said about any person!

Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Sorry, pure BS on your part. Im not trying to defend Rosanne or Trump, but quit trying to defend what Fonda said as not that big a deal. Its why the middle thinks the left has lost its mind. You guys are as bad as the nutters from the other side you rail against. Now GQ is suggesting that DT Jr wants to bugger his mom. But maybe that is not all that bad either to the left *shrug*

The country is being taken down the tubes by idjits that defend this stuff because it comes from their own side and is aimed at those they hate. Just frickin sad.
I'm a moderate. I'm also not a fascist so I have no problem with people expressing opinions.

I'm not fond of what he said. It was crude and not necessary to make his point. I have stated that several times already. I just do not see any sort of actual threat there.

He could easily have said that he'd like to see the Trumps surrender their own child for lockup in a facility where they don't know if they'll ever see him again or see how he'd be treated, so they could understand what these families are going through.

That would have been a better way to put it, and would have meant damned near the same thing.

I don't have a side except the one that thinks Trump is a screw up and a danger to this country.

That is my actual "side."

I'm not a Democrat. I'm an independent.

I just do not see why people are treating what Fonda said as an actual threat.

It was just hot-headed nonsense and I have heard so much of it flung out of the Trump camp that I am AMAZED when his supporters are so very deeply offended by it from other people.

I thought they loved all that "straight talk" and that "not pulling punches" but I guess that's only when people are Trump supporters and being critical of someone they don't like?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Is there anyone on the left who called for Peter Fonda to be banned?

Awfully quiet from leftist! What a huge disgrace! Where are the once who agreed that kids are off limit?

These things shouldn't even be said about any person!
I'm a moderate, but what is he being banned for? For saying something that was rude as hell? I mean, that would be most of Twitter gone right there.

Did anyone ban Roseanne for saying racist stuff on Twitter?

Nope. Her employer fired her.

That was totally their call.

If Fonda has an employer who wants to fire him? Totally up to them.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
If you think what was done to the kids at the border is worse than locking a kid up with pedophiles, then clearly you either have a few screws loose or simply have no real clue whats going on.
Oh, I think some of them are locked up with pedophiles.

Which was why Peter Fonda used pedophiles as an example, I'd imagine.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Oh, I think some of them are locked up with pedophiles.

Which was why Peter Fonda used pedophiles as an example, I'd imagine.

You should provide some proof for saying the US is locking up the toddlers in its custody up with pedophiles. We will wait.

I had little respect for Republicans before Trump. I would not have thought it possible but I have even less respect for the left after Trump. They have gleefully shown exactly how loony and hateful they are.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:37 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Vague vast generalizations do not have to be accurate. They just have to be vague vast generalizations.
You are very good at them...……...

Old 06-21-2018, 12:41 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Seems to be the excuse from the Trump camp about far more serious matters, since they come from a President and not an actor who really doesn't even put out movies anymore, doesn't it?

I did not say I thought it was polite. I would not say such a thing myself.

I'm not even making actual excuses. I'm saying that acting like he plans to kidnap Barron Trump is a tad melodramatic. He made some off-the-cuff comment and it's clear he was just drawing a parallel and not forming a hit squad.

But, let's try to make it about even more than it's already not, shall we?
Off the "cuff"? he purposely typed this out...…….logged onto his site and pressed the proper keys to post it...…….Just how slow does his brain work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies