Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
If you would drag your child into a situation like that...…..you should not be a parent. Leave your children behind and bring them when you know it is safe.
And, in a perfect world, this would be possible, but for people fleeing diptheria, brutal regimes, and flood waters, where will they leave these kids that'll be safe?

It's not like us here in the US, deciding we don't like the government, and considering a move to Canada. Leave the kids with grandma and grandpop, go check out the new place, see if we like it, etc.

If that was what was going on with these people, I would absolutely agree with you.

But, it is not.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You don't have to. I prefer to see the left as they really are. They have turned me from a guy who railed against Trump into one who despises the agenda of the left. Carry on.

If you think I am making this up, feel free to read my posts pre election. After watching people like you for a year I will never vote Dem again. Ever. The left sickens me. I don't like the right, but I have come to despise the agenda, and attitude of the left and the absolute hatred they spew daily , cheered on and defended by other leftists. I know personally of other indies like myself who feel the same. The left is well on the way to getting Trump elected in 2020 simply by the number of decent moderates and indies that abandon their lunacy and hatred.
I know of other independents, like myself, who refuse to vote R ever again, because they let their party be hijacked by a crazy person.

So, as long as we are sharing anecdotes, there's another one for you.

In fact, my voting record for POTUS:

Bush Sr (my first election)
Bush Sr.
Dole
Bush Jr.
Kerry
Obama
Obama
Clinton

*note: I voted Kerry only because I wanted Jr out of office after the disastrous handling of Katrina, Iraq, and 9/11. I voted Obama because McCain chose a crazy woman to be his running mate. I voted Obama again because I had no serious objections with him (though I didn't deify him or anything stupid like that, and I did think the right treated him and his wife terribly) and Romney wasn't to my liking (in hindsight, I wish I'd voted Romney because I think he would have been re-elected this year and he's so much better than Trump it's quite sad). The Clinton vote was because she was more qualified and Trump is an inept boob who I have never liked and never will.

Soo... yes, I am 100% an Independent and I guess I'll have to vote Democrat in 2020 unless Trump does not run or he gets primaried by a a sane person.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Fonda saying what he said and what TO DO to a child is MUCH worse than what Barr wrote. Just stop.
No... it's not. Rhetoric, even if it is awful (and what he said was awful) is nothing compared to comparing a human being to a monkey. Never mind all the other hateful **** Barr has said over the years.

Granted, not by much, but yeah... quit acting like some old actor dude who is clearly "out there" trying to draw a comparison and doing a poor job of it is the same as some racist, old actress saying racist things about someone and passing it off as "it was the Ambien."

At least Fonda didn't blame his tweet on pharmaceuticals, even if he was probably drunk or the like when it posted that nonsense.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You don't have to. I prefer to see the left as they really are. They have turned me from a guy who railed against Trump into one who despises the agenda of the left. Carry on. If you think I am making this up, feel free to read my posts pre election. After watching people like you for a year I will never vote Dem again. Ever. The left sickens me. I don't like the right, but I have come to despise the agenda, and attitude of the left and the absolute hatred they spew daily , cheered on and defended by other leftists.
Lol...and who gives a fig?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
For the record Barron is not a teenager he is 12 years old.

You keep defending Fonda’s rights for saying what he did but in your posts telling people to drop it. You can’t have it both ways. It doesn’t paint you in a good light to support him and then tell everyone they are making a big deal out of nothing. We have every right to respond back to his crappy comments.
Of course you can respond all day about it if it suits you. But, him saying something stupid and insensitive in no way makes Roseanne saying racist crap somehow "okay."

I do not think his tweet was okay and I have said it since this thread started.

I'm not "supporting" him.

I'm saying I get what he was actually trying to say, which was that the Trumps are uncaring re: what happens to these kids in these holding facilities, and maybe they'd actually give a damn if their own kid was taken from them and thrown in one.

I agree that his choice of words was not appropriate.

And, Barron may be 12, but he's already almost taller than his father and I am just as sure as I'm sitting here that he's smarter.

I wonder what he thinks of kids being taken from their parents. I have a feeling the things he says later on about his father will not be flattering.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:18 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I know of other independents, like myself, who refuse to vote R ever again, because they let their party be hijacked by a crazy person.

So, as long as we are sharing anecdotes, there's another one for you.

In fact, my voting record for POTUS:

Bush Sr (my first election)
Bush Sr.
Dole
Bush Jr.
Kerry
Obama
Obama
Clinton

*note: I voted Kerry only because I wanted Jr out of office after the disastrous handling of Katrina, Iraq, and 9/11. I voted Obama because McCain chose a crazy woman to be his running mate. I voted Obama again because I had no serious objections with him (though I didn't deify him or anything stupid like that, and I did think the right treated him and his wife terribly) and Romney wasn't to my liking (in hindsight, I wish I'd voted Romney because I think he would have been re-elected this year and he's so much better than Trump it's quite sad). The Clinton vote was because she was more qualified and Trump is an inept boob who I have never liked and never will.

Soo... yes, I am 100% an Independent and I guess I'll have to vote Democrat in 2020 unless Trump does not run or he gets primaried by a a sane person.
IMO a moderator is moderating posts and threads but I have the feeling that we are landed at the same point as with the FBI....

So how can one be objective about a post and write about Palin's family being a train wreck as thats your opinion and when I gave my opinion about Bourdain having made remarks about Trump and his family i was given an infraction violation for the remark for trolling?

I'm just curious what is allowed and when is called trolling as I have no problem for you to mention Palins family being a train wreck as thats your opinion, but my fact about Boudain having made a remark about poisoning the President thats called trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It doesn't matter if he meant it or not, it was said about a child and that is what makes it bad. And he was even worse when talking about the kids of ICE...suggesting that people should go to the kids schools and terrorize those kids. With the tweets about Barron and the kids of ICE officers, it came across as if he was trying to incite people to do it. While his tweets about Sanders and Nielsen were very sexist I didn't get the same feeling like he was trying to incite people to take action.

His first tweet about ICE..
“WE SHOULD HACK THIS SYSTEM, GET THE ADDRESSES OF THE ICE AGENTS CBP AGENTS AND SURROUND THEIR HOMES IN PROTEST. WE SHOULD FIND OUT WHAT SCHOOLS THEIR CHILDREN GO TO AND SURROUND THE SCHOOLS IN PROTEST. THESE AGENTS ARE DOING THIS CUZ THEY WANT TO DO IT. THEY LIKE DOING THIS. F--K.”

Not good. And keep in mind that antifa had already doxxed many members of ICE, so their personal info is already out there. But then it appears that someone had responded to his tweet, possibly with a plan since Fonda responded by saying "sounds great..." and then tried to tamp it down a little by saying "we don't have to take the agents kids...." (maybe that responder had read the first tweet about Barron, where Fonda had said to take him, thinking he'd meant take these kids too?)

Fonda's second tweet, to someone who'd commented on his first ICE tweet...
“Sounds great. We don’t have to take the agents kids, we only need to surround their schools and scare the **** out of them and worry the f--k out of the agents from CBE ICE & REGULAR BORDER PATROL AGENTS. WE NEED TO SCARE THE F**K OUT OF THEM! NEED TO MAKE THEIR CHILDREN WORRY NOW”

Everything he'd tweeted was over the top. All it would take is for one nut to think he'd "meant it" and to run with it. Just one nutjob, and then some poor childs life may be ruined.

Does a person have free speech when they try to incite people to harm others? No.

Barr had said that she didn't even know VJ was black. I don't actually know if that is true or not, and I'm not excusing what she'd tweeted, but from many comments it does appear that most people had also thought VJ was white. And to be fair, VJ does look white in the majority of her pictures. See the example in the linked article.

Since VJ does look white and Barr thought of her as white, was it really racism or was it just extremely bad manners?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...-racist-tweet/
If you think that Roseanne didn't know she was black, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

At least Fonda immediately apologized and said that he was wrong to say that stuff, period.

No "I did not realize he was so young" and no "it was the Ambien."

I can give him some small amount of credit for owning his stupid comments.

Her? Naw. She meant all that nasty crap and that's why she wasn't actually apologetic.

I think she does care that she cost all those people their jobs, though. But, she knows them.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
But was he making a threat? You don't know. He is a nutjob for saying what he did so who knows what he might attempt to do? Threatening someone's child is not acceptable. I hope that the SS is investigating him thoroughly.
I don't think he was. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a friend of his, nor would I want to be.

But, it didn't read like a threat at all... just a statement by someone upset over the immigrant situation.

I am absolutely certain the SS already investigated him and if he was any threat, they would have him in custody by now.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And why were the Obama kids off limit? I agreed with that and it should be across the line!

Since you are a moderate, why not mentioning that Bill Clinton, Bush and Obama did the same thing as the Law is written this way!

Why attacking President Trump for something that is proven to be going on for decades!

Btw, for applying for asylum that can be done in any country and doesn’t require to enter illegally!

Simply go to any countries embassy and apply!

This left wing propaganda media about the kids is as fake as can be!

I do care about the kids and do care who the parents are that knowingly enter and know they will be separated from their kids! Are they all the parents or are their human traffickers amongst the so called parents!

Is there any positive thing, ever mentioned about Trump?

The Gate from the left is chocking their own, non message and non policy as the left only goal is to bash to cover their non policy party!

All they care about is getting votes and then forget the people!

Since you are a moderate you probably can point out where Democrats try to work with the other side to better immigration! For the left is only about illegals and they don’t give a damn about Legal aliens and the broken system.

Legal aliens don’t seem to have feelings and rights but it is only about illegals!

How many lefties publically came forward to attack Roseanne, who came forward from that side to say anything about Peter Fonda?

Republicans all said that Roseanne’s remarks were disgusting and so did she! Peter Fonda should get a full secret service investigation and be charged as this is way worse than Roseanne’s words.

I have to manage my DVR as to cancel the Roseanne show after the Star is not coming back!
Well, first off... none of the other presidents put kids alone in detention centers unless those kids crossed the border alone. It was done for their safety, as they were unaccompanied minors.

I do agree that we need better immigration policies. I would start with fining and jailing employers who hire people who come here illegally, myself.

But, politicians (on both sides) tend to favor the rights of business owners and throw the poor folks they employee illegally under the proverbial bus. Which sucks, truly.

I didn't watch Roseanne before. I was never fond of her voice. Nails on a chalkboard. I also didn't like her Twitter ramblings (she's been saying crazy stuff like that for years).

I might watch it without her. Or not. I'm not big into TV.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Right now, the left is more outraged with a pre-printed jacket that Melania had worn on a plane than they are with what Fonda had written in his tweets.
Because Melania is the FLOTUS. Fonda is just some guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies