Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:22 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,950 times

Advertisements

She looks remorseful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
10 years minimum jail with hate crimes statutes.
I don't think you can be the prosecution, judge and jury all in one go, guy.
She'll likely be able to plea to simple battery.

Does the OP have a google alert for 'racist blacks' set up or something?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:52 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
I knew of a neighborhood old timer back in the day who dressed as Santa Claus and walked around with the assistance of a
walking stick made to look like a peppermint candy cane. A little coo coo but nice. He greeted everyone with a friendly hello for years
that is, until the day I sat next to him on the bus and watched him call the kettle black for acting like an crazed animal. Whoah.....
That's the day I stopped believing in Santa. The profanity was repulsive. This Santa could not even be placed in the land of misfit toys.
Mentally ill ? Yup..... Racist? If calling someone the N word and more is racist then yes, everyone is racist. It's only the
threshold that differs from one person to another to send them into a tailspin. For me? If someone can **** off Santa, Hell, then yeah
they deserved to get called every name in the book. Racist or not.

In Final:

A number of things bothered this ill woman and she let out a rant. Racist? Sure why not, if that makes you happy.
Crazy? ughhhh, I mean mentally ill? Yup. Wrap her up and send her out to the funny farm...................................
She is definitely, definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:04 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Incidents like this happen every day in America and are perpetuated against all races, genders, orientations etc.
(Blacks are one of the most targeted groups too)

I made the comment in the thread last week where it was the MO waitress that said racist stuff about blacks on social media posting that the perception of the frequency of these events is reliant upon media coverage.

Also noted that the media has to get ratings and money just like any other business so they have to decide what will attract readers etc. IMO for several media outlets there is a clear draw to run nationally with any story of a white person doing something racist even if no violence and even if they can't link in Trump to it somehow.

Let's see how many of them decide to run with this story. As of right now it looks to be stalled down at the affiliate level, would be interesting to see if CNN promotes it or if it's deemed insufficient to generate ratings in lieu of something else.

The sole point of all of this is that in a hunt for ratings, nobody is going to stop and wonder if they're creating a false perception due to coverage bias. This isn't original thought, the over-coverage of black crime used to be a thing years ago so it's not like this is a new concept.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Green
I hate the sunlight and I hate the night,
I hate white people because they is white
They hair is wavy, they lips is thin
but worse than white women, I hate white men

Walking around, briefcase and money
bust they head open, my ain't that funny
Not outta anger, and not outta spite,
I just hate whitey cuz they is white.
W-I-T-E
I hate white people cuz they is white
Seemed fitting for this topic.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:16 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Legally, she has the right to hate whomever she wants. Just like Trump supporters hate Muslims and Mexicans. Hatred and intolerance are not illegal.

But I hope she does goes to jail for attacking people on the bus, though. That's illegal.
I hope they charge her with a hate crime.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Seemed fitting for this topic.
Lol, that's an awesome poem.

I can only imagine the hate I would have for a race of people who enslaved my ancestors. Would probably be even worse if I realized that many people today wish they could go back to enslaving my people.

Might be similar to how I personally feel about Nazis.

What I don't understand is the unwarranted hatred that so many white people in this country have for people of another race who have done nothing to us, based solely on the color of their skin.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:25 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Lol, that's an awesome poem.

I can only imagine the hate I would have for a race of people who enslaved my ancestors. Would probably be even worse if I realized that many people today wish they could go back to enslaving my people.

What I don't understand is the unwarranted hatred that so many white people in this country have for people of another race who have done nothing to us, based solely on the color of their skin.

This event is nothing like that. It is a black person attacking white people with words as well as physically. Whites were the victims.

What is it about social media that allows some posters to ignore what is plainly written?

Old 06-20-2018, 02:25 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

It is not okay to hate a group of people for what (some of their) ancestors did. Reserve your antipathy for the "many people" (?) in particular who currently want to re-enslave black Americans. Who are they, exactly?

It is also not okay to hate the descendants of Nazis. Do you hate the descendants of Nazis (i.e., a huge percentage of the current population of Germany)?

Old 06-20-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I hope they charge her with a hate crime.
Of course you do, but would you feel the same way if a crazy white person had done the same thing?

Prosecutors are very hesitant to charge people with hate crimes since the majority of culprits are white males, so they're not going to do it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
This event is nothing like that. It is a black person attacking white people with words as well as physically. Whites were the victims.

What is it about social media that allows some posters to ignore what is plainly written?
What is it about English that so many native speakers have trouble with it?
I already posted my thoughts on this unremarkable story earlier in the thread.
The post you quoted was talking about the poem, and racism in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
It is not okay to hate a group of people for what (some of their) ancestors did. Reserve your antipathy for the "many people" (?) in particular who currently want to re-enslave black Americans. Who are they, exactly?

It is also not okay to hate the descendants of Nazis. Do you hate the descendants of Nazis (i.e., a huge percentage of the current population of Germany)?
Lol, what? I said I hate nazi's, not their descendants. I actually admire what the German people are doing to combat nazis. If America had done the same thing to battle modern day confederates and other racists, it would be a wonderful thing.

Last edited by Sactown4; 06-20-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies