Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:07 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,422 times

Advertisements

I was waiting for the mainstream media to comment on how White the crowd was and of course make a discriminatory jab at the "old, White men" who the President invited up onto the stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 06:31 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Sounds like quite the gathering.

Trump praised himself for signing an EO rescinding his own horrifying policy of putting children in detention camps.

Then on to mining in the Superior National Forest.

"It's going to happen, I will tell you," he assured the audience. Also "Maybe we don't do it at all."

So who knows here.

But these Iron Rangers didn't care. They were here to chant, "Lock her up." Apparently, ignorant of the fact that Clinton has not been charged with anything, and at least for this brief moment in time, the Republicans do not even have an open investigation. Also, the election was two year ago.

But no matter, on to "Build the wall." Strangely enough, no call and response about how "Mexico" was going to pay for it.

He patted himself on the back for flying halfway around the world to kiss Kim's butt and bragged about how no one thought that was possible a year and half ago.

What? Kim meets with Dennis Rodman. Why wouldn't he go for an all-expense-paid trip to meet Trump and listen to Trump sing his praises?

No mention that Trump gave Xi and Kim what they wanted, calling a halt the joint military preparedness training, and we got zip in exchange.

The best part of this whole shebang had to have been when Trump set to bragging about his apartment and how smart he was.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:44 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
It sounds to me as if Trump and Co. are giving the Lefties a little taste of their own medicine, and while this might warm my conservative (call it "right-wing" if it makes you feel better, children) heart for a short time, it can set a dangerous precedent, because intensifying these measures is a favorite tactic of both Low Left and Low Right -- often the only one they can think of.

The Trumpsters have every right to express themselves and exclude the disruptive -- so long as they remain on private property and act exclusively via voluntary association, but if and when they invoke the coercive power of the state to get their way, I'll be the first to call attention to it. I'm not so sure about a lot of the people on the other side of the fence.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:52 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I mean TO THINK that we might have had to listen to the Wicked Witch of the Western World.....screech, cough, belittle, harangue, cough, complain, spew arrogance, cough yet again and on and on.

Holy shyte, I have to get that idea out of my brain or I'll have a nightmare tonight! My Gawd, did we ever dodge a cannon ball.
Perfect.

Not a bullet....a cannon ball!!!!!

I don't like Trump, and I didn't vote for either of them, but the thought of having to listen to Hillary for 4-8 years tugged at me a bit before the election (I have no issue with having a female POTUS, I just don't want to listen to either Hillary or current Senator Warren as POTUS for 4-8 years)

Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Trump is just a modern version of P.T. Barnum.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:07 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
His actions and what his followers do are so creepy and disturbing.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:09 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Trump praised himself for signing an EO rescinding his own horrifying policy of putting children in detention camps.
His own policy huh?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:11 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I don't think he give a flip about that. Perhaps, way back, when he was young and starting out in Manhattan but, now? No. Anyway, those with the major power and influence on that island aren't the Blue Bloods, it's the Jews. He's been tight with them for a long time.

Some people are very overt and very competitive; lots of NYers are like that and that's Trump.
Naah.

That acceptance is still more important to Trump than being tight with people who have more money and power than the blue-bloods (There are also different kinds of power, and each kind doesn't universally work/fit in all social circles).

If not...then he would have 'let go' and forgotten about Graydon Carter's "short fingered vulgarian" comment decades ago....but he hasn't.

Proof of that was laid bare for all to see within the last month with his "big, beautiful hands" comment (referring to himself) at a rally a few weeks ago.

I think one reason he has always wanted the approval of the blue-bloods is a desire to get out from under his father's love withholding shadow. I thing that same motivation is also part of why he decided to run for President. His father wasn't truly accepted by those blue-bloods, and his father never tried to reach for the 'brass ring' of the Presidency. Trump achieved the latter, but he'll never garner the former.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
His own policy huh?

That was hilarious. Seriously what person forced to back down on a policy and 'fix' their mistake, stands up in front of thousands and cites that whole miscalculated strategy as a win.

But it works with his base.......

Hilarious.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:22 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
His own policy huh?
Well, could've been Miller's idea and Trump went along with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies