Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:44 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

BTW, there's no such thing as a "transgender" person. They are just people who have undergone voluntary genital mutilation, and picked up a drug habit (hormones).

Old 06-21-2018, 01:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Amazing all of the hate in this thread, but I would expect nothing less Moderator cut: -. They don't think anybody who isn't white, straight, cis, and Christian should even be allowed to exist let alone have equal rights and be treated with respect. Absolutely amazing how far backwards we've gone in this country since January 20, 1957 err... 2017.

Nobody is asking straight cis people to date trans people. Everyone has their own sexual preferences. Trans people are only asking for equal rights and respect.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-21-2018 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 06-21-2018, 01:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I take it a Cis is a normal straight person with morals, ethics and integrity.
GENDER DYSPHORIA, is a mental illness. Where a biologically born gender, feels they should be the opposite gender, instead of just going about life more feminine, or masculine

Old 06-21-2018, 01:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Americans already do treat people with respect and consideration with which they treat everyone else. In your mind, people are in the streets lynching transgender people, or discriminating left and right en masse against everyone.

That is a false narrative. The truth is, the vast, vast majority of the American people do not care one way or another if someone is transgender, gay, black/white purple or anything in between.
Not so.

In reality, many people have quite a few negative latent feelings about the LGBT community in general and particulary about transgenders. Transgenders experience much more discrimination than gays in general.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, because to liberals, it isn't enough to tolerate and treat people well. No, they must be forced to be equal as well, as liberals aren't capable of telling the difference between treating people well and attempting to force them to be equal.

I'm a gay man and I am very much not attracted to transgender people. Some might find that statement hateful, but I do not really care, that is how I feel and that will not change. That doesn't mean I would treat a transgender person badly, attack them or make fun of them, but I am not interested in them.

We can see in the insinuation in this study what liberals really believe - that any preference at all is discrimination and their ultimate goal is government use of force to promote 'equality' to overcome that so called discrimination.
Are you foaming at the mouth already?

Nowhere does the article even mention Liberals or a agenda but you brought it up.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:52 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I take it a Cis is a normal straight person with morals, ethics and integrity.
GENDER DYSPHORIA, is a mental illness. Where a biologically born gender, feels they should be the opposite gender, instead of just going about life more feminine, or masculine
A Cis is a definition and has nothing to do with morals, ethics and integrity Moderator cut: -

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-21-2018 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic only, not other posters

Old 06-21-2018, 01:56 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Amazing all of the hate in this thread, but I would expect nothing less from Trump supporters. They don't think anybody who isn't white, straight, cis, and Christian should even be allowed to exist let alone have equal rights and be treated with respect. Absolutely amazing how far backwards we've gone in this country since January 20, 1957 err... 2017.

Nobody is asking straight cis people to date trans people. Everyone has their own sexual preferences. Trans people are only asking for equal rights and respect.
I don't hate transgender people. They can live however they want, so long as they aren't hurting anybody and aren't expecting me to pick up the tab for their lifestyle.

Your second statement is a flat out lie. You can Google for yourself and find plenty of articles and Youtube videos calling straight men who won't date a transgender homophobic.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Not so.

In reality, many people have quite a few negative latent feelings about the LGBT community in general and particulary about transgenders. Transgenders experience much more discrimination than gays in general.

I agree with this. One of the reasons some are so angry and spiteful is because of a backlash against gay marriage and transgender visibility. Being gay or trans in 2018 is easier than it used to be but it's still a struggle, especially in the more conservative parts of the US.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-21-2018 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Off topic - do not hijack the thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post

Your second statement is a flat out lie. You can Google for yourself and find plenty of articles and Youtube videos calling straight men who won't date a transgender homophobic.

I'm sure it exists. I've seen videos like that. I've also seen videos that condemn people who won't date interracial or won't date an overweight person. The fact is people have their sexual preferences which sometimes can get quite specific and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Not wanting to engage in homosexual activity, doesn't equal discrimination.
it does to certain segments of the progressive left.

and there are any number of things we have laughed at from that segment in the past to our own detriment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies