Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

It’s not about soda or fruit juice , it’s about the concept of government bureaucrats desire to make decisions for others .

This is the definition of nanny state

“nan·ny state
noun
the government regarded as overprotective or as interfering unduly with personal choice”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 06:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Yes, it’s the last acceptable form of discrimination and shaming. Liberals are fine with it.
Lots of people are fine with it. Look at some of the threads where people complain about fat people on food stamps.

Fat-shaming is, as you said, still socially acceptable, but it is hardly a partisan sport.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:05 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It’s not about soda or fruit juice , it’s about the concept of government bureaucrats desire to make decisions for others .

This is the definition of nanny state

“nan·ny state
noun
the government regarded as overprotective or as interfering unduly with personal choice”
So if my kids can't get a beer at their elementary school I can blame the liberals?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You are trying to compare when a life becomes a life to the consumption of soda.
No I'm not. I'm addressing the issue of controlling. Like how some want to control who you marry.

Quote:
I'm not some rabid anti-abortionist but at some point in time between conception and birth we as a society have a moral obligation to protect the life of that unborn baby.
I'm pro-life.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:08 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because you are controlling does not make you a "liberal". Anti-abortion legislation is controlling also.
Yah, just like laws against rape and murder.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Yah, just like laws against rape and murder.
If you wish to argue that, feel free to.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:16 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Nanny state !
How shocking that it’s liberals wanting to control what people drink .
Enough with this nonsense ! This is the type of legislation these idiots come up with when they aren’t trying to impeach Trump based on nothing .
Makes you wonder what is next with them.
—
Under a bill advancing in the Capitol, restaurants could offer only water or milk with meals marketed for children. Not soda. Not juice. Not chocolate milk.

Those sugary drinks would still be available, at no extra cost, but only upon request. They couldn’t be advertised alongside kids’ meals or offered as a default option. If the bill becomes law, cashiers would ask customers ordering a Happy Meal at McDonald’s, for instance, if they want water, milk or a non-dairy substitute like almond milk. California would become the first state in the nation with such a requirement.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/...ct-kids-meals/
Good idea, everytime we go out to dinner with our 6 year old grandson he sees various sodas listed on the kid's menu and always asks for them. He can only have water or milk and he's doesn't argue when we tell him that but you can see that he's disappointed that he can't have soda. But I guess if you like your kids/grandkids to rot their teeth on soda this is an awful idea, huh?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So if my kids can't get a beer at their elementary school I can blame the liberals?
If your kids are going to government schools they should be served beer to get them through the long day of indoctrination.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:18 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Good idea, everytime we go out to dinner with our 6 year old grandson he sees various sodas listed on the kid's menu and always asks for them. He can only have water or milk and he's doesn't argue when we tell him that but you can see that he's disappointed that he can't have soda. But I guess if you like your kids/grandkids to rot their teeth on soda this is an awful idea, huh?
How does your grandson know what soda is?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If your kids are going to government schools they should be served beer to get them through the long day of indoctrination.
Yeah the danger from the food served doesn't compare to the brain rot caused by the curriculum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies