Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The National Enquirer is the new right-wing gospel. As I have said before, right-wingers, especially Trumplicans, love their celebrities and can't get enough of their gossip. They will elect them in a heartbeat.

At any rate, the National Enquirer fits in perfectly with Trumplican philosophy: brain dead, vacuous, slanderous, cruel and fake.
you are so far off base you have been called out by both umpires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 02:51 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Its been said a million different ways, over and over, but once again:

Anyone that reports factual information that is verified and validated but might be considered "negative" news about Trump, which includes virtually all news media except a few are considered "fake" by his followers.

At the same time, those few that are not factual, like FOX which has been proven to be almost 60% mostly false, false or pants on fire lies, are revered by Trump followers as gospel and they cannot be swayed or convinced otherwise no matter how persuasive or factual the argument. They live in a world of alternative "facts" either out of spite, belligerence or simple stupidity. If Trump told them gravity did not exist they would believe it and nothing would make them believe otherwise. Its that simple.

The best thing rational people can do, regardless of color, religion, or nationality is to vote come November and start to repair the nation we hold dear.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:56 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Allegedly being the operative word.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Yes...he's buds with the owner. His name is Pecker or something like that.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Trump allegedly fed stories to National Enquirer

It figures.

Trumplings no doubt make up a big majority of the Enquirer's circulation.

They have "enquiring minds."

Old 06-22-2018, 05:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who reads publications like National Inquirer? It certainly isn't the right side voters. Next look where you are getting your information. It is bad enough you believe msn but msn blog is even worse. Blogs are 90% nothing and then add, the word you used: allegedly. I really doubt many people will take your comments or the comments of msn too seriously. But if you want to believe it, go right ahead.
Help me out. What republican candidate cited Enquirer articles while on the campaign trail?

Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Its been said a million different ways, over and over, but once again:

Anyone that reports factual information that is verified and validated but might be considered "negative" news about Trump, which includes virtually all news media except a few are considered "fake" by his followers.

At the same time, those few that are not factual, like FOX which has been proven to be almost 60% mostly false, false or pants on fire lies, are revered by Trump followers as gospel and they cannot be swayed or convinced otherwise no matter how persuasive or factual the argument. They live in a world of alternative "facts" either out of spite, belligerence or simple stupidity. If Trump told them gravity did not exist they would believe it and nothing would make them believe otherwise. Its that simple.

The best thing rational people can do, regardless of color, religion, or nationality is to vote come November and start to repair the nation we hold dear.
Proven to be 60% false by whom? Of course you realize they are, by far the most watched network on TV don't you? And for false, you better check your facts a little closer when when making a comment unless you want to add, in my opinion. Facts are one thing, opinions are something else again. BTW, most Trump followers do not take everything at face value, nor do we believe everything we read, pros or cons. You also do realize, I hope, that FOX has the most varied contributors of any main stream network.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Help me out. What republican candidate cited Enquirer articles while on the campaign trail?
trump did and I never said he didn't. My concerns are more with people who think Enquirer readers are mostly from the right. I could care less what someone said when running for office. Or lets say, I could care less what he or she made have said about any publication. I also am not a supporter of Trumps inability to be truthful much of the time.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yes...he's buds with the owner. His name is Pecker or something like that.

Fitting.

Trump supporters lap up that stuff in the National Enquirer, right along with stories of aliens running the banking institutions, and dogs with 3 heads.

Gonna make 'Murica great again !! (here hold my beer)

Old 06-23-2018, 09:07 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I guess the Loony Leftists forgot about all the left wing Dem media shills who were given talking points and story ideas by the DNC (still happening), and who asked the DNC for permission to run the stories. Wikileaks has all their emails if you don't believe it. This is one reason I started watching Fox - they were excluded from that email list!

Obama was protected by the press (surprising since he was against a free press) which is why we are only now learning about the appalling conditions in his own immigration camps. Lawsuit in the offing. At least the Trump administration has improved conditions for the illegals.
That is false. Not difficult to disprove. You want pages and pages of negative headlines about Obama? Would that stop this mythological right-wing theory that the "press protected Obama"? They are out there--plenty of them.

Please provide some examples and citations that back up your accusation that Obama was in any way against a free press?

Trump has been blatantly attempting to stifle a free press since the 80s. During his swinging 80s and 90s, he attempted to manipulate the press, to slant stories to his advantage and to obtain as much press as possible when he wanted it.

Now he's got his idiotic Fake News campaign that has turned into a ridiculous joke coming from a ridiculous person. In his attempts to deny us a free press, he is looking more and more like a fascist autocrat--not a good look for a dishonest liar such as Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies