Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Building the Wall was the single biggest issue that distinguished Trump from the other candidates. This is what he got elected to do.

Most Americans do not want illegal aliens, drugs, violent gangs and possible terrorists coming into the United States from Mexico. Americans do not want the United States to become like the Latin American countries south of its border. If the Wall doesn't get built, then Trump's Presidency will be essentially meaningless.

So, let's get this thing built!
Then tell Trump to get Mexico to pay for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
His mandate would be to build the wall, at NO COST to Americans.

He promised the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall. If he can't come through on that part of the equation, then he can't follow through on the rest. It's that simple.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Go ahead and build your stupid wall.

Mexicans can swim.

And they are good at building tunnels.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And they are good at building tunnels.
And submarines, and the drug cartels make enough $$$ to be able to afford buying (or stealing) an airplane for one time use.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Lots of l!btards and traitors want turn the USA into Mexico, judging by posts on this forum. I wonder how many are actually citizens?

Obvious they don't care about America and just want to use our country for their own economic gain (at the expense of our citizens).
Trump sold his base more empty promises and lies than a used car salesman! You want your wall? No problem, just get the $$$$$ for it from Mexico as Trump promised you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAH5RRNBoA

Old 06-22-2018, 08:58 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
"Mandates" are odd creatures. One may argue that Obama was elected with a 'mandate' to create Obamacare. While the ACA passed into law, it was certainly opposed by Republicans, despite the 'mandate' of the people.

Indeed, one could argue that when Obama won re-election in 2012, that it provided a 'mandate' for him to nominate (subject to Senate approval), justices to the Supreme Court. We know how that worked out, with not even a sham confirmation hearing being held (which I argued the Republicans had a duty to perform: have a hearing, then vote against Garland).

"Mandates' flow with time. For instance, a recent poll showed that a majority of Americans (57 percent) are against The Wall, while 83 percent are for allowing DACA people a path to citizenship:

57% oppose building Trump's wall, but 83% support DACA - Business Insider

Anyway, going back to the Garland nomination, one rationale by the Republicans was that there was a Presidential Election coming up later in the year: let the people decide, was the thought.

Same can be said for The Wall: we have an election coming up very soon. Let the House Republicans run on the platform of being 'for' The Wall, and see what happens.

Note: many of the Texas ranchers that actually own property along the border are against The Wall, so I doubt you will see those Republicans in those districts make such a declaration.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
LMAO. Less than a plurality of the nation voted for Trump. In that case, the only mandate is to not alienate the people that didn't vote for you, who outnumber the people who did.

Oops ...

Old 06-22-2018, 09:04 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump sold his base more empty promises and lies than a used car salesman! You want your wall? No problem, just get the $$$$$ for it from Mexico as Trump promised you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAH5RRNBoA

Don't you just love it when Trump is trying to make a point and he gets those little fingers up there and wiggles them around ! What he is really doing is pulling the strings on his Trumpee puppets, and they dance, and dance, and dance........

So far, the ONLY thing of substance Trump has been able to get through was that little tax cut deal. Otherwise, no matter what he tried or promised his cult, he has had to back pedal.

Is anyone else as tired of winning as I am ?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:12 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
A mandate?!?!?! He didn't even win the popular vote.
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!.

That aside, I have a question for you.

At what exact moment did you come to the conclusion that President Donald J Trump had won the 2016 United States of America Presidential Election?

For me, it was somewhere between waiting for the Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Mainstream media to grow the balls to call either Wisconsin or Michigan or Arizona for Trump and when Pennsylvania to get called for Trump.

It took about 18 months for me to realize via proof that Trump had to also beat the ass off of all of the Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Mainstream media, academia, the F.B.I., the CIA, the UN, the NSA, the RINOs, the IRS, the EPA, Google, Soros, Black Lies Murder, the NFL, the NBA, Hollywood, the NYT, WaPo, the Huffington Puffington Post, Mexico, terrorists, SNL, and a select few of y'all.

But hey, that's just me.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
A mandate?!?!?! He didn't even win the popular vote.
But he did beat the hag. Good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies