Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 04:02 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Rather than an expensive, permanent wall I would deploy the military to the border and keep them there until life improves in Mexico for their citizens.
Bulletin. The crossers are Central Americans, not Mexicans these days. Oh...that changed about a decade ago, maybe your cable is out.

Life is good here in MX where I live. MX won another World Cup game today. Cervezas all around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 05:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Building the Wall was the single biggest issue that distinguished Trump from the other candidates. This is what he got elected to do.

Most Americans do not want illegal aliens, drugs, violent gangs and possible terrorists coming into the United States from Mexico. Americans do not want the United States to become like the Latin American countries south of its border. If the Wall doesn't get built, then Trump's Presidency will be essentially meaningless.

So, let's get this thing built!
About that wall...

Keep us updated.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:31 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Previously I thought the Mexicans were good people
But when I met a Mexican I found him a bad man
I think Mr. Trump has the right to look at the Mexicans

Old 06-24-2018, 12:46 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Quote:
Building the Wall was the single biggest issue that distinguished Trump from the other candidates. This is what he got elected to do.

Most Americans do not want illegal aliens, drugs, violent gangs and possible terrorists coming into the United States from Mexico. Americans do not want the United States to become like the Latin American countries south of its border. If the Wall doesn't get built, then Trump's Presidency will be essentially meaningless.

Maybe you've forgotten that Republicans have the majority in both houses & the presidency. This is a GOP problem. In short Trump can't even persuade his own party that the money for his wall is warranted.

The Republicans could give Trump his money tomorrow, so why haven't they? I watched an interview with the Republican mayor of El Paso, he said that Trump's wall would not be effective and that taking young children from their parents to force congress into giving Trump the funds for the wall was despicable.

But as we all know, despicable describes Trump perfectly.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:32 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:

Hold it right there.

Trump said Mexico would pay for it. Every time he spoke about the wall he said Mexico would pay for it.

So, no. The American taxpayer shouldn’t have to pay a dime.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:42 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Who was supposed to pay for this wall? Mexico, Not Taxpayers. Trump drove that issue at his rallies. Now, Trump has lied about that too. After the Tax Scam he pushed through, where is the money coming from? Cuts to Medicare and Social security?

Old 06-24-2018, 03:59 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
When you get in with less then the majority of votes, you do not have a mandate.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Previously I thought the Mexicans were good people
But when I met a Mexican I found him a bad man
I think Mr. Trump has the right to look at the Mexicans
Ridiculous to judge all by the actions of one.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
So that landslide win is a technicality? So the republicans winning the senate and congress is a technicality too?
He lost the popular vote.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:01 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The Republicans could give Trump his money tomorrow, so why haven't they?
It is because of a lack of political will. $25 billion is a drop in a bucket for a country as rich as the United States.

The vast majority of Americans are against illegal immigration from Mexico. However, many people are confused about how to solve the issue. With a little persuasion, people can be convinced that the Wall is necessary to protect America’s people, its laws against illegal entry and its values. Plus, we need to work with Mexico to help reduce the flow of illegal immigration across that country as well.

We shouldn’t have to be put in a position where we have to detain thousands of illegal immigrants coming into the United States in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies