Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:16 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Education plays a huge role, but I think plain old selfishness plays a role too.

Look, my wife and I would be considered affluent by any standard. We have one child, and that’s all we’ll ever have.

Part of it is education I’m sure, but a huge part of it is this: one child means that I don’t have to sacrifice a very comfortable lifestyle to pay for the whims of children and their interminable needs. One college tuition and grad school smoked me...and that’s ENOUGH! The way I figured it, we’d be independent of children by our mid 40’s and could get back to moving and shaking anyway we want to. We can take long weekends out of town or nice vacations without child care worries.

We were and are SELFISH! I love my son, but I’m glad that I sent his ass packing at 23 years old with his education in hand and a good sense of well being. Bye!! And don’t come back except for visits.

Now of course, I’m not white, but affluent whites are exactly the same way. And not just in this country, but nearly every majority white first world nation is lagging in native population growth. Places like Germany, Denmark, Italy or France are gonna be in serious jeopardy if they don’t start having some children. That’s why I don’t understand why Americans get all up in arms about immigrants running to Europe. Europe needs immigration more than people can imagine. Without it, their social systems are gonna collapse.
It’s also a lot more expensive to raise kids when you are affluent and educated. Affluent and educated parents tend to raise affluent and educated children, while poor parents tend to raise poor children.

Affluent and educated parents worry about things like raising their kids in the right neighborhoods with good schools, tutors if needed, summer camp, etc. Most affluent and educated parents plan on paying for their children’s college and often graduate school as well. They go on more expensive vacations, and that is multiplied by the amount of kids they have. I have 3 kids, and that 3rd kid basically doubles the cost of our already expensive vacations because now we have to either get 2 hotel rooms or a suite, when we used to just need 1 room when we only had 2 kids. It also means buying 5 plane tickets every time we go away. I’m not complaining about it either. I want my children to see the world, and the extra cost is totally worth it, but those are the things that affluent and educated parents have to think about when they are deciding how many kids they want to have.

I dont think most poor people worry nearly as much about these things because they know that no matter how few or how many kids they have, they will not be able to afford these things anyway. They are comfortable “getting by” with their 4 or 5 kids in the same living conditions in which they are accustomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Those power Neo-Nazis.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Default Whites heading toward minority status

Must be particularly scary for white Christian men, who aren't used to being in any kind of minority, not race, gender, or religion.

Fewer Births Than Deaths Among Whites in Majority of U.S. States
By Sabrina Tavernise

Deaths now outnumber births among white people in more than half the states in the country, demographers have found, signaling what could be a faster-than-expected transition to a future in which whites are no longer a majority of the American population.

https://forums.craigslist.org/?area=3&forumID=51

Old 07-02-2018, 04:40 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Must be particularly scary for white Christian men, who aren't used to being in any kind of minority, not race, gender, or religion.

By Sabrina Tavernise

Deaths now outnumber births among white people in more than half the states in the country, demographers have found, signaling what could be a faster-than-expected transition to a future in which whites are no longer a majority of the American population.

Old News.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:41 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I’m looking forward to cashing in on my minority status.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:42 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Is that you, Taylor Cox?

Old 07-02-2018, 04:43 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I’m looking forward to cashing in on my minority status.
I will be long dead before it ever affects me.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:43 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:

By Sabrina Tavernise

Under the United States Constitution you can not discriminate against anyone with a MINORITY STATUS .

Old 07-02-2018, 04:44 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:

By Sabrina Tavernise

Are women in a minority? Thats news to me. Seems like you've latched on to too much identity politics and missed that the ruling class in is in a minority, its a tiny 0.01% minority and are doing phenomenally well while you're there worrying about race, religion, gender, age or whatever else the corporate media is serving you.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
But you know whats in full supply? Human. Infact, the population is about 100% human..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies