Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 05:15 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Why is rape and sexual abuse in American prison common?
Because the prison is filled with criminals and generally bad people (assuming they were not falsely accused and convicted).

Old 11-25-2018, 05:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Prison Rape really that common?

Let's send Papadopoulos to Riker's Island general population to do his time and find out.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I have no love for criminals and people in prisons/jails, but I also don't think someone that's busted for petty crimes or things like theft or drug addiction, deserve to be brutally raped day in and day out for years.
The State is responsible for the safety of the inmates. If raped, they should be able to sue the State for millions. THAT will get more eyes and cameras installed so that the opportunity to rape is diminished.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I remember something that G Gordon Liddy said about prison guards, "who is dumb enough to put them self in prison for 25 years." That is probably why crime exist in prisons. That sounds odd doesn't? People who commit crime go to prison where they commit worse crimes. It probably depends on the prison.

I have numerous friends and relatives who have done hard time and are doing hard time and its something that is never brought up. I did listen to a young man on the radio tell his story and he said its like the outside. There are men having sex with men and there are men doing with out sex.

I have two child hood friends who have been in and out , mostly in for over 40 years. So what ever happens in there must be worth committing the crime.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Terrible situation. There are many people who commit suicide in order to avoid going to jail. Many others kill themselves in Jail.

It is a National Disgrace, but most people simply look the other way or accept it as "the way it is".

Club Fed is often a little better - so the Moral of the Story is steal many millions of dollars...or even billions. Don't steal a car.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:04 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
join a prison gang if you can. You obviously can't just walk up to someone and join, you have to prove yourself first and then go from there.

If you do that they'll have you hide drugs and carry their orders on the yard. That's how you'll catch another case and will never get out. Most ex cons advise to find friends but stay out of the politics.

These two topics were actually tackled in one video by this guy who served 10 years in a federal prison :

Is rape common (answer : no. But watch what you do) :

Joining a gang (answer : don't do it):

Old 11-25-2018, 08:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The State is responsible for the safety of the inmates. If raped, they should be able to sue the State for millions. THAT will get more eyes and cameras installed so that the opportunity to rape is diminished.
The State makes the laws and sets up the prisons. Fox watching the Chickens.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Terrible situation. There are many people who commit suicide in order to avoid going to jail. Many others kill themselves in Jail.

It is a National Disgrace, but most people simply look the other way or accept it as "the way it is".
No, most people are smart enough to understand that crime doesn't pay and we dont do thing that get us thrown in prison.
I feel for the non-violent offenders like people caught with too much weed, or other minor crimes. Those caught selling Narcotics deserve their fate.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No, most people are smart enough to understand that crime doesn't pay and we dont do thing that get us thrown in prison.
I feel for the non-violent offenders like people caught with too much weed, or other minor crimes. Those caught selling Narcotics deserve their fate.
Why would say a thing like that?

Drug laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!

If govt tries to create or enforce unconstitutional laws... people should disobey, refuse to comply with those laws.

It may sound crazy to say, but I have more respect for a drug dealer than I do for some narco cop or DEA agent...they are 'just doing their job', enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:20 AM

4 posts, read 3,399 times
What about Scandinavian prisons? Do they have the same level of "brutaity" in regards to machoism, prison rape, and gangs that American prisons do?

It seems that a lot of people here think that prison gives people tough love to fear the place but if that's the case, why are places like Norway safe and have a low recidivism rate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies