Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,597 times

Advertisements

After reading this news article and the comments, I read how many people commented that this cute and hot young boy will be most likely sexually abused in prison. Why is rape and sexual abuse in American prison common? Why isn’t something taking place where each mates have their own cell or share cell with similar age group, perhaps that may hinder?

College student, 23, gets four years prison for stalking his ex | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-22-2018, 08:58 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I agree they should be kept separate. Otherwise it gives preferential treatment to gay prisoners.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Prison rape is extremely uncommon nowadays. That stuff is from the old dinosaur days. There are enough gay prisoners in the typical fed or state prison to ward that stuff off.

Of course bullying is common, and a tougher guy might overpower a weaker inmate by extorting him for commissary or having his family send the bully money. That’s never gonna end.

But rapes for the most part are a relic from the old days. Few and far in between.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:34 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Im hoping to never have to validate anyones opinion on this.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:43 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Actually, prison rape is a huge problem, more so because it is under reported and prisons brush aside the issue.

Prison Rape Widely Ignored by Authorities

Quote:
Just weeks after he entered the Texas prison system at age 19, Kerry Max Cook says he was gang-raped by fellow inmates. It was the beginning of what he describes as two decades of torture.

More than 200,000 men are raped behind bars each year, according to the group Stop Prisoner Rape. While rape under any circumstances is a violation, human rights advocates say rape in prison is also torture.
Quote:
Texas prison officials say they take all complaints seriously.

"Bring us documented proof and we will investigate it," says Larry Todd of the Texas Department of Corrections. "I cannot imagine a correctional officer turning his head on an act of violence on an inmate."

But Johnny Vasquez, a former prison guard, says, "It happens all the time."

Vasquez echoes allegations of indifference made by inmates and activists across the country.

"Several responses that I can remember are, 'You need to grow some and defend yourself. Quit coming in here crying. Get out of my office. Don't bring this to me,'" says Vasquez.

"As far as the administration cares," says Rolen, "we're animals, we're thrown into a cage. We're to be kept there, whatever happens to us.
For Survivors of Prison Rape, Saying ‘Me Too’ Isn’t an Option

Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
On one of the episodes of Scared Straight kids were taken to the yard at a state penitentiary. They had one of the inmates talk to them that had gone in when he was very young and who was also a smaller framed guy. Told the boys how he was raped by his cellmate over and over again. He told one of the smaller kids that he would be targeted if he went to the state pen as well.

Personally, I don't believe they should house two inmates in the same cell. I know space is limited but jails need to be designed differently than they are today, at least state pens. Some prisons have an open floor environment that many guys share. That should be done away with also.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im hoping to never have to validate anyones opinion on this.

That's always kept me in line, not that I ever had bad intentions. Could not be caged up like an animal. I'm a freebird, and a free bird needs to fly.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:46 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
After reading this news article and the comments, I read how many people commented that this cute and hot young boy will be most likely sexually abused in prison. Why is rape and sexual abuse in American prison common? Why isn’t something taking place where each mates have their own cell or share cell with similar age group, perhaps that may hinder?

College student, 23, gets four years prison for stalking his ex | Daily Mail Online
Why? Money and space available. Even if everybody had their own cell you would need near supermax conditions to separate victims from prey when they are outside of that cell.

Last edited by Taiko; 06-23-2018 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 06:02 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
People like to say that nobody ever deserves to get raped but apparently we make an exception when it comes to men's prisons. Women in prison still don't deserve to be raped though. Only the men!

Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post

There is one sure fire way to avoid being sexually assaulted in prison and this to not to do something to get yourself thrown into prison.

This dude is really sick. Probably screwed his ex's head up for life. The prison system is a big waste of money as it is but each inmate gets a private room? I am fine with all prisoners being in solitary if you want to go that route. They leave the room only when and if they get released from prison. It would cut down on all the illegal stuff going on and the inmates would be safer. Its not the Holiday Inn its hard time.

Regarding this dude. Karma. I have no sympathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies