Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 07:24 PM

32,908 posts, read 12,191,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
She was allowed to go to a detention center that was run by Lutherans. Why didn't she go to one of those for profit detention centers we are paying 250 a day per kid??

Maybe the one that gave the Trump Inauguration committee a big donation.

That said, the liberals and the media keep getting snookered by Trump. He knew exactly what would happened when he put that jacket on her. Two days later, nobody is talking about Trump, the illegals or the congress. Just the jacket with the obscure message.

The vocal left is as willfully ignorant as Trump supporters.
^^^^^ Yep. And he (Trump) was also able to later jump in with his own 'convenient for his agenda' two cents re the jacket....that Melania's intent re the message was to call out what he refers to generally as 'fake' re the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 09:14 PM

32,908 posts, read 12,191,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Everyone should read this about that statement and what it means

Note: Melania does speak Italian and she was born in the Ukraine near the town where the phrase was used in facist propaganda. Note the the literal translation is probably closer to I don't give a f***. the theatrical ‘not caring’, was an explicit character trait of Fascism.

https://overland.org.au/2018/06/a-br...f-i-dont-care/
Melania wasn't born in the Ukraine.

She was born in Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia.......which became, after the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1992.... Novo Mesto, Slovenia.

Before gaining independence in 1991, Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union.

The city in Ukraine that is probably closest to Novo Mesto is Solomonovo, which is 500+ miles away. The country of Hungary lies between the two cities.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,808,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Melania wasn't born in the Ukraine.

She was born in Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia.......which became, after the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1992.... Novo Mesto, Slovenia.

Before gaining independence in 1991, Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union.

The city in Ukraine that is probably closest to Novo Mesto is Solomonovo, which is 500+ miles away. The country of Hungary lies between the two cities.
He was using alternative facts.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:21 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,061,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Granted she is younger but I can’t picture any other First Lady wearing that jacket. I don’t think we need any passive aggressive to cause more division, if she has a statement to make step up to the microphone like other First Ladies.
Not that young. At the comparable point in time a couple of years into her husband's administration, Michelle Obama was a couple of years younger than Melania, as was Hillary Clinton. Yet oddly enough no one ever seemed to say something they did was ok because they were "younger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
She didn't wear the jacket in Texas, she wore it boarding the plane in another state. So they took that pic and made it seem like she wore it to see the children in Texas. I wonder why? That's the kind of crap the media does to rile up its money. I linked my earlier post with the video.
The only crap being flung around is the claim that anyone said that Melania wore the jacket while in Texas. We know she didn't, but we are also intelligent enough to know that everyone is aware that the media always shows the first family departing on trips like these. Melania was well aware that she would be televised wearing that jacket embarking on the trip. Knowing that, and being aware of the furor that arose, she still chose to wear it coming back from the trip and disembarking as well. Pretending anything different makes you complicit in the lies and a bona fide creator of fake news.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:36 PM

13,482 posts, read 4,805,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
About these tirades from the left about the Melania Jacket:

!
Another straw man topic. I haven't heard a lot of "tirades from the left" about this. Mostly just puzzlement about what she was trying to say. I even read somewhere that she did it to **** Donald off which, if true, I applaud.

The one thing that did occur to me was, could you imagine if Michelle Obama had worn this jacket? The right would be all over her. My god, they went ballistic because she wore a sleeveless dress!

Old 06-25-2018, 04:38 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,600,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
As long as trump continues to use the office of the president to manipulate the country in order to funnel tax payer money into the pockets of his private business billionaires, or his base supporters, there will be outrage by actual Americans.
The infestation of carpetbaggers , profiteers and whores that arrived with the trump administration are being uncovered daily thanks to the media s tenacious search for the truth.
The biggest fake news is that trump is a winner.
Wow, just wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies