Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:11 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times

Advertisements

How inevitable. How infantile. How ineffective.

This will continue to escalate...both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 03:38 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Drew McCoy
@_Drew_McCoy_
Pam Bondi is now the 3rd high profile Republican woman to be run out of polite society this week.
Quote:
mb
@justsayin60
First kirstjen Nielsen, then Pam Di Bondi, then Sarah Huckabee Sanders. You will be hounded out of decent Society by people that believe in fairness, equality and justice. Karma is a b****
Societies that make it a practice to run someone out or hound them out of a public place are neither polite nor decent. I would not have been okay with someone doing this to Susan Rice or Valerie Jarrett - not that I heard stories of people doing it, let alone others defending such crass behavior, since it never happened. The actions of a few fools bothers me way less than the public and media support of what should be unacceptable behavior.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:05 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Polite and decent was left in the dust a while ago.

Kindness, honesty? Pfft.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:08 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
The hard line conservative actions of Trumps Administration are not liked by the majority of people in this country. Trump has a 4 year term. The only way to let him know anything is to get on cable TV news.

Even people in his party have to talk to him through TV.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:12 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Republicans are where they are because the left became this. Everyone who wasn't THEM was Hitler and it was ok to destroy them. They are "...ists" and "...phobics" and must be silenced because they would make the country an awful place! Well I've got news, things are awful because of this kind of stuff...attacks, attacks, attacks, dehumanize, drive out, destroy.

That idiotic kind of thinking shouldn't fly with anyone. I've not liked peoples politics, hell I differed politically with my own mom most of my life, but I'm not going to turn myself into a screeching shrew who harasses people based on that. I'm a fully formed human who's life is far more than political ideology. I can only assume these so called activists are not and have no actual connections to society. I'm not sure what they are exactly.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:17 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The hard line conservative actions of Trumps Administration are not liked by the majority of people in this country. Trump has a 4 year term. The only way to let him know anything is to get on cable TV news.

Even people in his party have to talk to him through TV.
I think you're very wrong. As with the election - people are afraid to admit they like Trump and his decisions because they receive such flack from those on the left - just as many of us didn't care for Obama - but kept our mouths shut or we were accused of being racist.

I didn't care for Obama because of his policies and how I felt he didn't address situations that would benefit all "Americans" but only select groups. Had nothing to do with the man's color - but that's what his supporters assumed.

I'm called a Trumper because I do believe many of his policies will benefit this country - but I don't always agree with him or how he handles things. To you on the left - I'm still considered a Trumper - and yet I think most of the so called "Trumpers" are just like me - we look at this administration as mostly positive but there are things we disagree with and may have done differently ourselves.

As far as I'm concerned - Trump has made himself more available to the common man by doing so many rallies even before the upcoming elections mattered - than any other president in recent history.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Right, then why did Americans elect Republican President, House, Senate, and more than twice as many Republican Governors....this is happening because Leftist have lost their sanity at their loss of power.
I'm pretty sure the elections aren't until November.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Republicans are where they are because the left became this. Everyone who wasn't THEM was Hitler and it was ok to destroy them. They are "...ists" and "...phobics" and must be silenced because they would make the country an awful place! Well I've got news, things are awful because of this kind of stuff...attacks, attacks, attacks, dehumanize, drive out, destroy.

That idiotic kind of thinking shouldn't fly with anyone. I've not liked peoples politics, hell I differed politically with my own mom most of my life, but I'm not going to turn myself into a screeching shrew who harasses people based on that. I'm a fully formed human who's life is far more than political ideology. I can only assume these so called activists are not and have no actual connections to society. I'm not sure what they are exactly.
Exactly right. They're feral, predatory, and dangerous....directly dangerous to those with the courage to be in public life these days, and indirectly to us all.

I find this trend more disturbing than anything we've seen since the peak of the Viet Nam era protests. But there was a night and day difference between then and now. In those days there was a real problem to protest about.

How to deal with a crowd so demented as to take to the streets like animals in response to a President doing his genuine best to protect Americans, their life quality, and living standard? We had better come up with an answer....and fast.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:57 AM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I wonder if a Republican can file a blanket restraining order against all those liberals suffering from President Trump Stress Disorder?

Old 06-24-2018, 06:06 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder if a Republican can file a blanket restraining order against all those liberals suffering from President Trump Stress Disorder?
Restraining is the key word there, but I think it may take handcuffs and bars. Restraining orders only work with people that can be reasoned with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies