Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 02:22 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I understand..... Intellectual competition isn't easy.
There is seriously something wrong with you. Off you go to ignore.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:23 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's not difficult to understand. We got tired of being lied to and sold out to globalist politicians.
Please define "globalist".

Old 07-10-2018, 02:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There is seriously something wrong with you. Off you go to ignore.

To stay on topic, I must be a unique and cruel American. LOL!
I think there is a safe space close by for you. This American is too cruel for a proper English lad.
YES> The USA is very unique. Where I can say and do anything I want and **** your feelings.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
...All this political mess that is going on... it mostly driven by white people... black people know they stand for equality, and to get that it means Democracy, and to sustain that it means the Democratic Platform that addresses the matter of Equality and Democracy..... with a regard for Multiculturalism..... We turn on the TV... its a mass of White People Republican Politicians, pushing policy and measure that don't give a darn about the people, only for and of the wealthy, and trying to strip everything from the general public and divert more tax breaks to the wealthy..... because they feel the wealthy needs its... and they should not contribute anything to the ongoing development of American and the sustaining of its population and systems....

Sorry, I couldn't read the whole thing but I got the gist of it. And I just got through reading a book that partially addresses this same issue. The author states that "dreams of God and gold made America possible."

In a nutshell, people came to this country in search of God and gold, came wanting things they couldn't have back home. Came striving for something, willing to work hard to get it. The pursuit of wealth and happiness. People subjugated the Native Americans and blacks. The country was built upon apartheid.

And we didn't want kings. It was a place for the individual. Everyone stands a chance.

Well, it wasn't really equal for all and everyone really didn't stand a chance but that's what we like to believe.

White people stood a pretty good chance but we were a divided nation during our Civil War, of course. After the Civil War we were still divided, unfortunately. The system of black slavery that had worked so well in the south wasn't allowed anymore. So White Supremacy stayed on as a strong issue. It remains a large issue today. Some still resent that their opportunity was taken from them when slavery was abolished--after all, they came here originally for God and gold, just like everyone else.

We were founded as a place for hope. Some people now think their hope was stolen from them. They are angry. They look for scapegoats. Blame the blacks, blame the LGBT community, blame feminists, blame the poor, blame, blame, blame. The more they place blame, the more divided we become, the more hateful and cruel.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yes, I understand that. America is a country of in the main, good people. They don't want to hurt others, yet the governments Americans vote in do hurt other countries.

I still don't know what the hell Iraq had to do with 9/11. To literally bomb that country on 'live' television for the entertainment of viewers was shocking. Don't miss it at 9pm ' Shock and Awe.'

Those people fight back, and we call them terrorists. This is what I don't understand. America seems to feel it can attack anyone who it likes. Yet, within a short time, it is all forgotten. The dead are buried, and it's on to the next war. Will Afghanistan ever end?

I think this sort of thing dispirits many people. We had Hillary cackling over the brutal end of Gaddafi, and she could have become POTUS. Something is wrong here at the heart of America, and many just seem to turn their heads away. Where are the decent people who want to lead?

American's as a whole are good people indeed yet things as I've stated before like religion, etc tend to get in the way. Our government has gotten out of control and they are so busy dividing this nation and it's people that it's hard to tell whose good and whose the bad guys anymore. Look around here and it's always the other side that's the enemy.

If you haven't seen it I would suggest you watch Wag The Dog. IMO, wars are created to keep our attention else where then on our government. Sounds a bit wonky but look at our history.

I think our founding fathers would be shocked to see the way this country has gone down hill and how fast. In other places in the world if the people don't like what the government is selling they remove them, not us we just roll over and play dead.

George Orwell wasn't far off in ALL regards.

Last edited by reed067; 07-10-2018 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
You said it. Not I.

I said,
"""How do you think the USA became the most powerful nation on Mother Earth, almost over night? Nothing like it had ever been tried. A Nation based upon the laws of nature, not men.
Where in the Constitution does it have the word "men"?"""
Constitution for the United States - We the People

I only found ONE instance of the word "nature" in the Constitution, in the Sixth Amendment.

" and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation;"

Looks like your claim about "nature" being in the Constitution is sophomoric at best, outright bogus at worst. Clearly the term "nature" doesn't have the usual social Darwinian (or even mere "natural science") meaning. Your claims about the constitution allowing for dog-eat-dogism are just your invention, or the invention of people who told you that.

Besides, after all this time of you repeating this crap ad nauseum - tell me HOW, exactly, do the weak and freaks as you call them drag people down? Also how will their culling make society stronger?

If that way of thinking works so well, then how come practically every other economically advanced democracy have less poverty than the United States? Because so far, your beliefs about how life operates sound more in line with state pen inmates and clientel at low-rent dive bars than from what I hear among business professionals (read: credentialed members in good standing with their field's professional organizations).

Old 07-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Constitution for the United States - We the People

I only found ONE instance of the word "nature" in the Constitution, in the Sixth Amendment.

" and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation;"

Looks like your claim about "nature" being in the Constitution is sophomoric at best, outright bogus at worst.

When did I allegedly claim that? Never.

Based upon, is much different than being in. Talk about wrapping your delusional fantasy around reality, you just did it.
You too like putting words in peoples mouths, they never said... You said it, not I.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:

"""How do you think the USA became the most powerful nation on Mother Earth, almost over night? Nothing like it had ever been tried.

Remember Rome? And look how it ended for them.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Remember Rome? And look how it ended for them.
Remember Nero? How did it end for him? Who did he take with him?

Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Remember Nero? How did it end for him? Who did he take with him?

You mean the guy who murdered his way to emperor? The point is Rome used it's power to get where they are and they fell. We're on the same path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies