Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 03:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Help me understand something. Companies started to add benefits, which the government allowed, yet costs have risen because of this interference? Would it have been less meddlesome had the government NOT allowed it?
It was about taxation. A 2k Healthcare plan isn't taxed but a 2k raise would be. That is why healthcare was added. It isn't taxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
As to the comment about the devastation of the war, I didn't interpret as an insult, veiled or otherwise, but a simple statement of fact. The American mainland was untouched by bombs. I suspect this allowed our economy to bounce back much more quickly than most.
We had manufacturing plants that were converted for the war effort and converted back after the war. And yes they were not flattened by bombs. Those 2 advantages helped quit a bit.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:54 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I think Irish dance and football are from too much mayhem in the British Isles....but I could be wrong. We like to use arms in the colonies you know.
You do? I'm distracted gwyn. The nut cases have arrived. I'm waiting to hear about cold dead hands. Can't be long coming now. I'm getting told off for not replying to folks in care homes.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Come on Lovehiscountry........ you are stamping your foot because David didn't reply to your posts?
No that's just one more thing you've made up in order to deflect from your silly OP. Trump is mean so Americans are mean. Silly and childish.

Quote:
Don't you realise I started this thread about 16 hours ago, and I have been here ever since? Well, except for a visit to a shop in town for ice cream and some wine........ and my dinner. Then, I have been making my wife cocktails for the last four hours. Gimme a break will ya? I'll go take a look what you had to say. Hang on a minute.......
You don't need to give me an explanation on why you didn't answer right away. What you should do, in any conversation, is address what has been mentioned.

Quote:
I've been taking a look. You still need to go take a lie down. Try and get some sleep. You'll feel better later.
No you didn't look or even try very hard. If you did, you would have addressed what I said. Instead you childishly deflected.

Keep trying it's good for a laugh. Oh no loveshiscountry is bring mean. Trumps fault right?

Old 06-25-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You do? I'm distracted gwyn. The nut cases have arrived. I'm waiting to hear about cold dead hands. Can't be long coming now. I'm getting told off for not replying to folks in care homes.
Trump must have made you say that right? I mean after all, people from around the world who have family members murdered by Americas government don't care much about that. What matters to them is that Trumps mean words have really affected their lives.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No that's just one more thing you've made up in order to deflect from your silly OP. Trump is mean so Americans are mean. Silly and childish.

You don't need to give me an explanation on why you didn't answer right away. What you should do, in any conversation, is address what has been mentioned.

No you didn't look or even try very hard. If you did, you would have addressed what I said. Instead you childishly deflected.

Keep trying it's good for a laugh. Oh no loveshiscountry is bring mean. Trumps fault right?
Honest kid......... go take a lie down. I have replied to almost every post at me for 16 hours. I'm tired.....

It's 11pm here, and it's been a long day. I don't deflect........ much.

I can't make my mind up on Tunisia. Just go for Christmas, or New Years as well. What do you guys think?

Old 06-25-2018, 04:01 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Come on......... he's a nut case. Fella can't string a sentence together without a monitor. I still understand why Americans voted for him. But, he is a grifter of many years standing.

You think the Donald is going to lead you to the promised land? He'll kick you in the family jewels, and laugh in your face.

I'm posting here, and booking a holiday in Tunisia. Who says men can't multi task?
Again its really quite astonishing to have to explain basic partitioning to an Englishmen. 'Twas enough to partition the financial elites. Yet it seems as though I have a bit more than that. HRC was brand X ,plug and play, globalist, terra forming platform . It rounds up the natives and turns them into a slurry used for oil lamps and engine grease. Trump is a regional chain. Better to be a pagan in a small kingdom than a schismatic heretic under imperialists.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Again its really quite astonishing to have to explain basic partitioning to an Englishmen. 'Twas enough to partition the financial elites. Yet it seems as though I have a bit more than that. HRC was brand X ,plug and play, globalist, terra forming platform . It rounds up the natives and turns them into a slurry used for oil lamps and engine grease. Trump is a regional chain. Better to be a pagan in a small kingdom than a schismatic heretic under imperialists.
Aw come on gwyn....... you're drifting again........ Yeah, Hilary was a bad candidate, I get that....

Quote:
Honest kid......... go take a lie down. I have replied to almost every post at me for 16 hours. I'm tired.....
Deflecting takes alot out of those with childish minds.

Quote:
It's 11pm here, and it's been a long day. I don't deflect........ much.
You do in this thread. I wont hold it against you if wait until morning to deflect some more.

Quote:
I can't make my mind up on Tunisia. Just go for Christmas, or New Years as well. What do you guys think?
Hope there isn't another terrorist attack while you are down there. They hate us for our freedoms right? Because words hurt, bombing while nation building doesn't.

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
It was about taxation. A 2k Healthcare plan isn't taxed but a 2k raise would be. That is why healthcare was added. It isn't taxed.
I understand that, and I am afraid that my question was not very well composed. My point is, why did the poster interpret the government imposing one thing - minimum wages (which, BTW, predate our participating in WWII) - as meddling, yet then appear to complain about the same government "allowing" health insurance to be part of an employee's compensation?

Quote:
We had manufacturing plants that were converted for the war effort and converted back after the war. And yes they were not flattened by bombs. Those 2 advantages helped quit a bit.
A good number were also added during those years, I believe, and most of them were also converted to the production of consumer goods. Either way, I am not sure why anyone would interpret the observation that we did not face the level of physical devastation to property and infrastructure as most of our allies as an insult, as another poster did, escapes me completely.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:08 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
I can certainly understand your view and your insight as to why people from other countries feel as you say. We have so much but care so little about others. We want Europe to take in these people from what Americans would call terrorist nations, but don't want to take in people fleeing from danger with small innocent children. American has pretty much always been hated and i"m sure now more than ever thanks to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies