Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 03:09 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit deflecting. It's not about Donald winning.

Again Why post garbage like this "With the election of Donald Trump, this underlying cruelty has manifested itself and is on display all the time in this forum. " if there is no agenda? Blaming Trump for the actions of adults? Adults take responsibility for their own actions, children blame others.
Come on......... he's a nut case. Fella can't string a sentence together without a monitor. I still understand why Americans voted for him. But, he is a grifter of many years standing.

You think the Donald is going to lead you to the promised land? He'll kick you in the family jewels, and laugh in your face.

I'm posting here, and booking a holiday in Tunisia. Who says men can't multi task?

Old 06-25-2018, 03:14 PM

13,983 posts, read 5,641,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Come on......... he's a nut case. Fella can't string a sentence together without a monitor. I still understand why Americans voted for him. But, he is a grifter of many years standing.

You think the Donald is going to lead you to the promised land? He'll kick you in the family jewels, and laugh in your face.
This is true for 999 of every 1,000 politicians on the planet, across all of recorded time.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Quit deflecting. It's not about Donald winning.

Again Why post blaming Trump for the actions of adults? Adults take responsibility for their own actions, children blame others.

But words hurt right? Dropping bombs at an unprecedented rate when no country attacked us while killing innocent people isn't mentioned but Trump talks smack.

27 pages of garbage on a thread titled "Why America is the world's most uniquely cruel society." and the murder of innocents isn't the topic? It's about words?????

No Nation building Bush drops 24 bombs per day. No boots on the ground while forgetting Pearl Harbor Obama drops 34 bombs per day. Trump is dropping 121 bombs per day.

Look over here, don't look over there.
Listen to me. Go lie down, and put a cool cloth on your forehead. We're not talking wars here. You got Bush dropping bombs, and Pearl Harbour in one sentence. Have yourself a nap.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:17 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I work mostly with Brits here in Kuwait and most supported Brexit and they also believe the Fake News narrative on Trump that they have been regularly fed and are completely clueless as to why Trump won and what his policies are.
He doesn't keep his word while "evolving". How in the world could anyone, much less Brits understand what his policies really are?

Wont get involved in other nations civil wars - LIE
Won't increase spending - LIE

Has he done some good things? YES
Is his word good? NO

Old 06-25-2018, 03:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,597,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
America's explosion in health care costs started with WW II, actually. When the war ended, wage ceilings were thrown up because it was seen as unfair for some companies to be able to exploit economies of scale to offer higher salaries to get the best workers. When that happened, companies began adding benefits as part of overall compensation, and the government allowed that. That was why health and dental became tied to employment - capitalism trying to find a way around government meddling in their business. Prior to WW II, medical care was like anything else. If you wanted it, you bought it, and th consumer was aware of every cost. Government meddling and employers becoming the primary insurer took the consumer out of te cost evaluation business, and here we are.

The thinly veiled insult about America not suffering devastation like Europe or Asia is beyond laughable, since the reason America didn't suffer that devastation comes down to a few factors that are completely unrelated to American government or culture:
  • Atlantic Ocean
  • Pacific Ocean
  • Logistic difficulties of bringing devastation to America, via the two largest bodies of water on the planet.
  • Europe and Asia choosing the battlefield long before America was even involved in the war.
If you have issues with where WW II took place, I'd take that up with Angela Merkel and Shinzo Abe, as they lead the two nation who decided that WW II should take place and where. Americans just pitched in to help the Allied forces. We didn't choose in which playground to hold the party.
Help me understand something. Companies started to add benefits, which the government allowed, yet costs have risen because of this interference? Would it have been less meddlesome had the government NOT allowed it?

As to the comment about the devastation of the war, I didn't interpret as an insult, veiled or otherwise, but a simple statement of fact. The American mainland was untouched by bombs. I suspect this allowed our economy to bounce back much more quickly than most.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,297,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Salem, MA is in the United States, correct?

Yes, so what other communities (plural) were you referring to? Where were they burned?

Old 06-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:

I'm posting here, and booking a holiday in Tunisia. Who says men can't multi task?
It's always about policy yet you make it about words and ignore what I posted? LOL You'd fit in perfect with the voters in America.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Listen to me. Go lie down, and put a cool cloth on your forehead.
Why listen to you when you make things up and don't know what's important? It's not your job to run my life, you're hands are full running yours and you're not very good at that.

Quote:
We're not talking wars here.
Because words hurt and bombs don't?

Quote:
You got Bush dropping bombs, and Pearl Harbour in one sentence.
They were in different sentences but you keep making things up and deflecting if it helps you sleep better at night.

Quote:
Have yourself a nap.
Better yet, why don't you wake up?

Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,386,506 times
Quote:
Whose on first?..........

I know the rules of American football. You have to kick the ball between the sticks, or drop the ball on the other team's line.

In baseball, they've got to hit the ball with the long stick, then run round round the field.

I think Irish dance and football are from too much mayhem in the British Isles....but I could be wrong. We like to use arms in the colonies you know.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
It's always about policy yet you make it about words and ignore what I posted? LOL You'd fit in perfect with the voters in America.
Come on Lovehiscountry........ you are stamping your foot because David didn't reply to your posts? Don't you realise I started this thread about 16 hours ago, and I have been here ever since? Well, except for a visit to a shop in town for ice cream and some wine........ and my dinner. Then, I have been making my wife cocktails for the last four hours. Gimme a break will ya? I'll go take a look what you had to say. Hang on a minute.......

I've been taking a look. You still need to go take a lie down. Try and get some sleep. You'll feel better later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies