Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

The GS-14 employee still has their child with them, yes? He isn't by some way separated from his family ... ?
This type of behavior is to be expected when people elect a bully as their leader. Standing up to bullies and their tactics is the only way to defeat them. Expect more of the same behavior as people try with all their might to set things right, by those striving to give humanity a better name, in America.

AWESOME, you agree with parents being yelled at in front of thier child....all the while, by following laws....

I'm sure you we slapping your buddies on the back when Steve Scalise was shot, and I'm pretty sure you were hoping he would die....Do I know it? Of course not, but with your response throughout CD....why not throw it out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 10:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
AWESOME, you agree with parents being yelled at in front of thier child....all the while, by following laws....

I'm sure you we slapping your buddies on the back when Steve Scalise was shot, and I'm pretty sure you were hoping he would die....Do I know it? Of course not, but with your response throughout CD....why not throw it out there?
Because it's ignorant ... right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't care how one chooses to color the lines.
Quote:
by following laws....
What law?
How Trump can separate migrant families

"While a later court decision on a deal reached by a Democratic president opened the legal possibility of separating children immigrants from their parents, only the Trump administration decided to take advantage of the ruling and enforce the practice.
<snip>
Leon Fresco, an immigration lawyer who argued on behalf of the government in 2015, warned at the time that the decision could lead to future administrations forcibly separating child migrants from their parents, he told Axios. Fresco said that the idea seemed too far-fetched at the time, "but I knew people like that. And now those people are in power."

The bottom line: The recent practice of separating migrant families is due to the Trump administration's decision to institute a "zero-tolerance" policy at the border. And while the mechanisms that allowed the Trump administration to institute its policy came about under Democratic administrations, they are not "law" and could be changed at any time."

How does one get to be a u.s citizen if they were not born here? ... citizens must first immigrate to the U.S. If they are arrested and their children taken from them when they make that attempt, then what?

I've said in a past post (many years back) that things that go on in other countries, they don't go on in America for a reason ... but it looks like America is a jealous country that is striving to be like those other countries (in many ways) who cast a shadow on human rights and dignity.

That dude that got yelled at in front of his child at a sports game, left the park in his SUV, went to his nice home, tucked his child into a nice fluffy bed and the kids at the detention centers, only dream of finding their parents again ... alive. Those children haven't a clue as to what is happening to them, or what has happened to their parents ... they are scared! to death. (they are looking at more of the same, from where they came)

If this county can not show empathy ... it shouldn't expect to receive any from any one.

People in this country best count their luck stars they are not in a war torn country ... the day may come, when that changes. Then where would Americans go. Country's citizens and their leaders remember treatment given. We can't say, it'll never happen, cause by allowing what is going on to happen, we're proving ... that what goes on in other countries, happens here too.

If I were an American expat living in another country, you better believe ... I wouldn't be telling any one, where it was I had come from ... not today I wouldn't, because for the first time in my life, I am ashamed of the U.S.; I don't want to call myself, an American.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:46 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:

The GS-14 employee still has their child with them, yes? He isn't by some way separated from his family ... ?
This type of behavior is to be expected when people elect a bully as their leader. Standing up to bullies and their tactics is the only way to defeat them. Expect more of the same behavior as people try with all their might to set things right, by those striving to give humanity a better name, in America.

And the GS-14 employee didn't enter the country ILLEGALLY. Huge difference there. Dragging your kid across the border, committing a crime, is a completely different issue.

And, why do you think the kids are separated from their parents? It's a jail. Do you really want kids running around with people who we know nothing about? Do you want them in there with people who could be child molesters, gang bangers, drug dealers? Oh yeah. You just want them all released into the interior of the country so they can go along their merry way and do whatever the hell it is they please. Why even have borders? This is what you want, right?

Someone who actually enforces the law is not a bully. That person is called the President, and head of the Executive branch. And what does the Executive branch do? They execute the ****ing law. What is so hard about this? You want the law changed? Call your congresscritter. But you won't do that. It's easier to scream Hitler and bash the President.

ADDED: And please remember that we still call 17-year olds in this country, children. How many of these children are actually the cuddly cute type and not just 17=year old troublemakers?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
And the GS-14 employee didn't enter the country ILLEGALLY. Huge difference there. Dragging your kid across the border, committing a crime, is a completely different issue.

And, why do you think the kids are separated from their parents? It's a jail. Do you really want kids running around with people who we know nothing about? Do you want them in there with people who could be child molesters, gang bangers, drug dealers? Oh yeah. You just want them all released into the interior of the country so they can go along their merry way and do whatever the hell it is they please. Why even have borders? This is what you want, right?

Someone who actually enforces the law is not a bully. That person is called the President, and head of the Executive branch. And what does the Executive branch do? They execute the ****ing law. What is so hard about this? You want the law changed? Call your congresscritter. But you won't do that. It's easier to scream Hitler and bash the President.
What law? And yes, Trump is a bully and to know that, is to know his history in real estate ... what he is doing as POTUS, he hasn't change.

"While a later court decision on a deal reached by a Democratic president opened the legal possibility of separating children immigrants from their parents, only the Trump administration decided to take advantage of the ruling and enforce the practice.
<snip>
Leon Fresco, an immigration lawyer who argued on behalf of the government in 2015, warned at the time that the decision could lead to future administrations forcibly separating child migrants from their parents, he told Axios. Fresco said that the idea seemed too far-fetched at the time, "but I knew people like that. And now those people are in power."

The bottom line: The recent practice of separating migrant families is due to the Trump administration's decision to institute a "zero-tolerance" policy at the border. And while the mechanisms that allowed the Trump administration to institute its policy came about under Democratic administrations, they are not "law" and could be changed at any time."

Old 06-27-2018, 11:24 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
No one in DHS or any agency is at risk. Yes, the bigwigs like SHS and Kristjen Nielsen are the FACES of trump's regime and attract attention....but not violence.

DHS's decision to publicly warn its employees is nothing but a bit of high fake drama that it hopes will draw some sympathy for the agency....as opposed to the agency having some sympathy for the kids in kages.
Are you kidding? After Wikileaks dumped their private information? Don’t be asinine.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Because it's ignorant ... right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't care how one chooses to color the lines.
What law?

<snip>

How does one get to be a u.s citizen if they were not born here? ... citizens must first immigrate to the U.S. If they are arrested and their children taken from them when they make that attempt, then what?

I've said in a past post (many years back) that things that go on in other countries, they don't go on in America for a reason ... but it looks like America is a jealous country that is striving to be like those other countries (in many ways) who cast a shadow on human rights and dignity.

That dude that got yelled at in front of his child at a sports game, left the park in his SUV, went to his nice home, tucked his child into a nice fluffy bed and the kids at the detention centers, only dream of finding their parents again ... alive. Those children haven't a clue as to what is happening to them, or what has happened to their parents ... they are scared! to death. (they are looking at more of the same, from where they came)

If this county can not show empathy ... it shouldn't expect to receive any from any one.

People in this country best count their luck stars they are not in a war torn country ... the day may come, when that changes. Then where would Americans go. Country's citizens and their leaders remember treatment given. We can't say, it'll never happen, cause by allowing what is going on to happen, we're proving ... that what goes on in other countries, happens here too.

If I were an American expat living in another country, you better believe ... I wouldn't be telling any one, where it was I had come from ... not today I wouldn't, because for the first time in my life, I am ashamed of the U.S.; I don't want to call myself, an American.

O.K., great, it's not a law, it's a policy that the dems signed and now the repubs are following the dems policy and you're mad...

You don't want to an American, I'll give you $500 towards a ticket...where do you want to go?

Anyone else want to pitch in on this ticket?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
O.K., great, it's not a law, it's a policy that the dems signed and now the repubs are following the dems policy and you're mad...

You don't want to an American, I'll give you $500 towards a ticket...where do you want to go?

Anyone else want to pitch in on this ticket?
I said I am ashamed of being an American today ... and I don't want to call myself an American, however, it wouldn't matter where I go, I will always be ... an American.

Millions of Americans have moved overseas -- and it's not because the U.S. is a '****hole'

"Relevant to the current political conversation, 21,000 Americans lived in Haiti and El Salvador, countries described by President Trump on Thursday as “****holes.” Nonetheless, thousands preferred them to the United States."

Senior ICE lawyer used government computer systems to steal immigrants' identities and defraud banks

Old 06-29-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I said I am ashamed of being an American today ... and I don't want to call myself an American, however, it wouldn't matter where I go, I will always be ... an American.

Millions of Americans have moved overseas -- and it's not because the U.S. is a '****hole'

"Relevant to the current political conversation, 21,000 Americans lived in Haiti and El Salvador, countries described by President Trump on Thursday as “****holes.” Nonetheless, thousands preferred them to the United States."

Senior ICE lawyer used government computer systems to steal immigrants' identities and defraud banks

I'm not even sure why you added the second link?

Your first link "Page could not be found" so I took your quote and searched google and I think I found it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4cc232af590d

If the above link provides the same data as your link.....You do realize that the link is providing data from 1999...right?

Quote:
We don’t know precisely where those Americans are distributed at this point, but data from 1999 released by the Bureau of Consular Affairs gives us some sense.

Either way, I'm not sure you even read your link you provided?

Quote:
Who are these Americans? Some are employees of the United States, such as consular staff. But others ended up outside the United States for the same reason that Lahren likely moved out of South Dakota: employment.

Quote:
“Many Americans go overseas for jobs. A lot of Americans who go overseas are students and end up staying there because either they get married or start their careers there,” said Marylouise Serrato of American Citizens Abroad, who spoke with The Post by phone Friday. “There’s probably a certain percent of Americans who go overseas because they are dissatisfied or for political reasons — they don’t like the current administration, for example — but that’s not the major driver.”

Old 06-29-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Your first link "Page could not be found" so I took your quote and searched google and I think I found it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4cc232af590d

If the above link provides the same data as your link.....You do realize that the link is providing data from 1999...right?

Either way, I'm not sure you even read your link you provided?
Quote:
The corruption of people whose job is to up hold the law decide to exploit the situation for personal gain instead. Those are the ones who are breaking a law rather than a policy that has been put in play that is acting as a law. And I'm to believe the DHS employees are no different?

Washington Post has decided to charge for readership and the link has hit the pay wall. However, it does seem you were able to pull the article's points of interest, but you left out one reason Americans have moved to other countries, 'opportunities' they have to offer them, that the u.s. doesn't have. Whether or not the data was gathered in 1999 or 2018, the reasons for persons leaving the u.s. hasn't changed.

It's a revolving door ...

Migration is a fluid situation. People come into a place, while at the same time others leave it. It has been a practice of human beings since time began. Yet now in our so called modern society we are not only told to oppose it, but to treat it with indignity as well. And those that have raised above that and recognized the inhuman treatment of human beings when they speak out and fight against it they are somehow seen as worse people, than the ones who cheer on the inane behavior.

This chaos it ensues is enough to blow one's hair back ...

Old 06-29-2018, 03:22 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
I think the DHS situation here is a A combo of potential budget cuts, being understaffed/under-trained, and the willingness to disregard others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies