Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There used to be a time where we could disagree with one another civilly, but that time seems long forgotten. With the Red Hen kicking SHS out simply because they disagree with her political ideology to radical loons screaming at conservatives in restaurants disturbing others that are trying to peacefully eat dinner to Pam Bondi being harassed at the Mr. Rogers documentary, to the progressive Bernie supporter that almost killed Steve Scalise on a baseball field last year to Mad Max literally encouraging this behavior, and fake news propaganda tv not discouraging it, it's only going to become increasingly dangerous for conservatives.

"Think how I think, say what I say, vote how I vote and believe what I believe; if you do, we'll be fine. But if you don't......I will DESTROY YOU. I will call you a racist, homophobe, misogynist, bigot and of course Nazi. But again, if you're just like me, we'll get along just fine."

-Signed every progressive in the world today

The thing is, the progressive believes that they are valid and correct in their thinking, conservatives are evil, and evil must be dealt with...harshly. If a conservative doesn't believe in God, they don't go to church. If a progressive doesn't believe in God, they want all mention of God in the public square made illegal and tell the believer that they "believe in an imaginary bearded man in the sky and their bible is a misogynist book of hate". They believe that Christianity is evil.

Please stay on topic, if you want to discuss conservative fascism please start a thread about it. Thanks

No one would be surprised if those very words were spoken by the POTUS so attempting to lay this off on only one side of the aisle is laughable.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The COTUS doe not apply to non citizens. Take a hike.
This has been covered endlessly. Yes, most of it does.

Immigration restrictionists sometimes claim that noncitizens have no rights under the Constitution, and that the US government is therefore free to deal with them in whatever way it wants. At least as a general rule, this claim is simply false.

Noncitizens undeniably have a wide range of rights under the Constitution. Indeed, within the borders of the United States, they have most of the same rights as citizens do, and longstanding Supreme Court precedent bans most state laws discriminating against noncitizens. There is little if any serious controversy among experts over this matter.

https://www.learnliberty.org/blog/t-...f-noncitizens/

Old 06-30-2018, 06:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Actually, you have it backwards. Republicans are the ones who have publicly said they want to destroy, or at least marginalize, the Democratic party forever. We only call people bigots when they do, in fact, demonstrate bigotry. Or misogyny. Or racism. if you know anything about WWII history, the Nazi parallels will leap out at you.

Democrats basically just decry the present GOP and Trump. Conservatives aren't evil. What's evil are the current policies proposed by conservatives. And what's odd is that the policies are so blatantly "un-Christian," against every Christian idea of kindness and charity. Most Democrats will readily admit that the Republicans were once a sane, respectable party. I feel sorry for the few remaining sane Republicans, and hope that one day they'll help their party regain its respectability.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:07 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Let's discuss how "liberal fascism" is a contradiction in terms.

yes, do it... but, it isnt. They are 1 and the same these days.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:29 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Actually, you have it backwards. Republicans are the ones who have publicly said they want to destroy, or at least marginalize, the Democratic party forever. We only call people bigots when they do, in fact, demonstrate bigotry. Or misogyny...
If Trump nominates a woman to SCOTUS, we'll all get another vivid display of the left's rabid misogyny. Should be interesting...

Pam Bondi, Sara Sanders, etc., and possibly a woman SCOTUS nominee?

The left abhors strong, powerful, intelligent women. They want women to remain weak, driven by emotions, and irrational.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:35 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Actually, you have it backwards. Republicans are the ones who have publicly said they want to destroy, or at least marginalize, the Democratic party forever. We only call people bigots when they do, in fact, demonstrate bigotry. Or misogyny. Or racism. if you know anything about WWII history, the Nazi parallels will leap out at you.

Democrats basically just decry the present GOP and Trump. Conservatives aren't evil. What's evil are the current policies proposed by conservatives. And what's odd is that the policies are so blatantly "un-Christian," against every Christian idea of kindness and charity. Most Democrats will readily admit that the Republicans were once a sane, respectable party. I feel sorry for the few remaining sane Republicans, and hope that one day they'll help their party regain its respectability.
Well said! I believe the Republican party has been divided by Trump and his repeated rhetoric.
On the flip side their are some who work together bipartisan on many issues and that gives hope for the future.

OP I don't think Dems are the only bad guys here. Both parties share in the blame game.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:08 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OH no! A privately owned business decided to not serve someone who is supporting the idea of putting kids in cages! Those fascists!

Seriously? And people call the left snowflakes.
Lest we remember who built those cages and passed the policy.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-missteps.html

Old 07-01-2018, 05:36 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
OP...this was inevitable as the dems got more extreme. The reps have pretty much stayed the same over the years.

Both parties could agree that Americans 2A was a right accorded to all, that illegal aliens were not legal citizens, that 2 hairy men could not be husband and wife, that being doped up 24/7 was not good for society and on and on.

Now when it came to baby murder, the parties may not have seen eye to eye. But they still had much in common with the rest.

As the dems have grown more extreme in their views it has become life or death for many Americans and it is impossible to come to any sort of civil agreement.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:45 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
I posted this in another thread and I will post it here because it is an example of what this thread is about.

I have a teenage extended family member who was in DC with their family. They were vacationing and when getting ready to sit down and eat, the teen family member was attacked by a liberal female for wearing a MAGA hat. She yelled at the family and went on about it telling him to take the hat off. She also told him that "this is my city" (DC) There were toddlers standing there seeing all this too.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:49 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:

This post is a perfect example of what the OP started this thread about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies