Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:50 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ya know the GOP does similar stuff thru different means.
Both ends of the political spectrum have their means of being evil to push their agenda.

For the liberal crap. This upcoming bid demonstration Ill start:

NO MASKS
NO WEAPONS
NO BODY ARMOR
CAM THE CRAP OUT OF THE AREA in UHD THEN PRESS CHARGES REGARDLESS OF AFFILIATION

And tell the conservative side: Above all, when the liberals show in masks anyway. Go first for the mask so they can be arrested later.
Please give me very specific equivalent examples. I've never, nor would I ever shout down a progressives dinner in a public restaurant, theater or sporting event. I don't know a single conservative that would or has either and if they did, I and almost all other conservatives would immediately and unequivocally condemn such action. But it's becoming an increasingly pervasive tactic of the left and all we hear from their leaders are.....crickets.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Unfortunately, you don't seem to know what irony is

So, are you going to invite me over for tea?
No?
Why not?
Why would I not be invited to your restaurant?

Old 06-25-2018, 01:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I never used that word. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is that it seems that people cant seem to even discuss dissenting opinions without borderline violence.
Sometimes you are left with no other option. Just like we had at the Boston Tea Party. Where would we be without that?

Old 06-25-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Sounds like the OP needs a safe space from the mean ol' liberals. Fascism is a right wing ideology anyway. I have no idea why they keep getting that confused.
A. There aren't any. Progressive fascists send out alerts on social media where conservative politicians will be dining and then gather a mob to harass and disturb them and everyone else trying to have a nice peaceful dinner. But again, you progressives think that we're evil, and evil must be dealt with...harshly, correct?

B. It's past mean, it's violent. But violence against Nazis is justified, correct?

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sometimes you are left with no other option. Just like we had at the Boston Tea Party. Where would we be without that?
I think that is a bit of a drastic comparison.

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Please stay on topic. Thread derailing and trolling are against the TOS. Thanks
This IS the topic. Its not fascism to protest this sort of thing, Thats my point.

Know whats against the TOS?
Spamming the same topic over and over
Trolling things by calling this fascism. This is a business deciding to not serve someone. Calling it fascism IS trolling.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think that is a bit of a drastic comparison.
It goes to prove that at times violence is the option you are left with.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This IS the topic. Its not fascism to protest this sort of thing, Thats my point.

Know whats against the TOS?
Spamming the same topic over and over
Trolling things by calling this fascism. This is a business deciding to not serve someone. Calling it fascism IS trolling.
Based simply on that persons beliefs. Again, as long as we think how you think, all is A Ok. But if we dare to have an opinion that differs from your own, you will DESTROY us; you will call us Nazis, racists, homophobes, bigots, refuse us service in your businesses, etc. But it's justified, because we're evil and evil must be dealt with....harshly, correct?

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It goes to prove that at times violence is the option you are left with.
Violence is only acceptable as a retort to violence.

We have a system of checks and balances that one could argue was one of many good things to come out of the Boston Tea Party. I prefer to let that honest system work out our issues that we see today, not violence.

1,199 posts, read 638,566 times
Quote:
There used to be a time where we could disagree with one another civilly, but that time seems long forgotten. With the Red Hen kicking SHS out simply because they disagree with her political ideology to radical loons screaming at conservatives in restaurants disturbing others that are trying to peacefully eat dinner to Pam Bondi being harassed at the Mr. Rogers documentary, to the progressive Bernie supporter that almost killed Steve Scalise on a baseball field last year to Mad Max literally encouraging this behavior, and fake news propaganda tv not discouraging it, it's only going to become increasingly dangerous for conservatives.

"Think how I think, say what I say, vote how I vote and believe what I believe; if you do, we'll be fine. But if you don't......I will DESTROY YOU. I will call you a racist, homophobe, misogynist, bigot and of course Nazi. But again, if you're just like me, we'll get along just fine."

-Signed every progressive in the world today

The thing is, the progressive believes that they are valid and correct in their thinking, conservatives are evil, and evil must be dealt with...harshly. If a conservative doesn't believe in God, they don't go to church. If a progressive doesn't believe in God, they want all mention of God in the public square made illegal and tell the believer that they "believe in an imaginary bearded man in the sky and their bible is a misogynist book of hate". They believe that Christianity is evil.

Please stay on topic, if you want to discuss conservative fascism please start a thread about it. Thanks
How do you reconcile this post with your earlier view that rallying, protesting, and boycotting offensive behavior is a useful social tool?

Quote:
No, because we as a society have evolved and now know that it is wrong, hateful and hurtful to discriminate against someone based on the color of their skin. We would rally, protest and boycott this racist bigoted business and it would go out of business. Problem solved, and no government intervention whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies