Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 03:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't think so. I see lots of liberals who tend to have a high amount of fear when it comes to the 2nd amendment, or being on their own when it comes to investing for their own future, health care, and capitalism. I don't say that as a way to belittle them, its just what I see, there is a general fear that if the government doesn't take care of them, they have no way to do it for them self.
LOL, conservatives are very, very much the same way with the 2nd Amendment.

Liberals don't fear they will be taken care of. Instead, they fear the poor won't be taken care of due to the fact that Republicans pretty strongly feel that the U. S. Constitution does not allow the government to help out the poor. That's why Republicans were so passionately against ObamaCare and why they want to cut government welfare. As Republicans see it, only private charity and individual giving from one's heart is hopefully supposed to take care of the poor. The government must always stay out it. This philosophy isn't something recent. It goes back to nearly the founding of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 03:38 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Well it looks like somebody dug up an old thread. Fun times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't speak for transgenders because I'm not transgender, but as a cis gay man, I can say for certain that societal stigma is a huge contributor to suicidal thoughts/attempts, especially lack of acceptance from family. Most people never have to deal with an experience as traumatic as being completely disowned and ostracized from their family and friends because of a personality trait they didn't choose. LGBTQ individuals many times do, and religion and conservatism is the reason why. I say this as somebody who did conversion therapy myself. I reached a point where I either had to go no contact with my religious family or submit and do conversion therapy. I could not put up with their bullying because of my sexual orientation one more day (I would have committed suicide) and I couldn't be cut off from the family, so I submitted and did conversion therapy.
Going take a wild guess that conversion therapy didn't work for you. Pretty easy bet there.

The suicide rate for gays and lesbians unacceptably high. It's 5 times the rate of your regular heterosexual folks. (I'll have to beg your pardon for refusing to use the SJW made-up word "cis" there's a not of people who never heard of it and that makes it confusing.) But clearly something else is going on with transgenders who are not significantly more mistreated, but have 22 times higher suicide rate than normal heterosexuals. Full physical transition to the gender they identify with -- all those expensive surgeries -- do not lower the suicide rates. Some studies have shown that gender reassignment surgery even increases the rate of suicidality -- though it's hard to find unbiased studies when it's this loaded politically/religiously. There's a mental illness there called gender dysphoria, and that mental illness leads to terrifyingly high rates of suicide that cannot be explained away by "society is just being mean to them." The most progressive of societies -- so places like Sweden that are very accepting of transgenders -- have the same or higher suicide rates among transgenders. We can definitely say with a high degree of certainty that being mistreated is a contributing factor. But any decent human being looking to help will realize that there must be something built into gender dysphoria that drastically increases suicidality independent from their treatment in society. Our highest priority should be to counter/stop/fix for those extreme suicidal tendencies. I have no idea what the best solution is, but it's pretty damned important that we get this right.

The truly horrifying thing is that many well-meaning brainwashed ultra-Progressive parents are jumping at shadows these days, instantly enabling any hint of transgenderism. They're giving their children puberty blockers -- which in numerous cases has left the resulting adult transgender with insufficient genital tissue for gender reassignment surgery. Somewhere between 85-90% of children and adolescents who think they're transgenders eventually accept and embrace their biological gender. Far too many that 85-90% went through with partial or complete gender transition only to realize that they were "wrong." These kids are being pushed down a road with insanely high levels of suicidality and a near statistical certainty that they'll simply grow out of it. Our PC culture keeps such well-meaning parents almost completely ignorant of the harm they may be doing to their children.

So yeah, I think there's a lot of problems with how PC culture deals with transgenderism.

Quote:
I think a good question is why is 250+ genders (I don't think it's that many but lets say it is) even a thing at all? It's because conservatives have a very strict, narrow idea of what it means to be male or female and people who fall outside of the accepted stereotypes may feel insecure in their gender identity. If people could just be who they are, I don't think you'd see the more than two gender thing.
Here's a very incomplete list of genders from a gender-fluid support site. That's a pretty big list. Feel free to count and you'll want to double the result to give you a decent guess at how many genders there are.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:55 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Now traps -- transgender women (so biologically men) who try to trick men into having sex with them on the false premise that they're biologically female -- that does bother me because it's blatantly dishonest. It especially bothers me if they're hitting on me.
Traps have become popular in anime the last 10 years. Oh boy!

Old 10-13-2018, 03:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Transgenders are already claiming they're being discriminated against, because heterosexuals won't date them and engage in homosexual acts with them.

Obviously, the next step in the game is to start shaming heterosexuals.

And, no, I'm not a Trump supporter.
How utterly absurd. Girls won't date me because I'm not good looking enough for them, and so they are not about to engage in heterosexual sex with me. Do I want to shave heterosexual girls? No, I just live with it, knowing that life can't always be fair. Transgenders should do the same.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How utterly absurd. Girls won't date me because I'm not good looking enough for them, and so they are not about to engage in heterosexual sex with me. Do I want to shave heterosexual girls? No, I just live with it, knowing that life can't always be fair. Transgenders should do the same.
Think that shaming people for refusing to date "girls with penises" is the next thing? Nope! We're already there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-PgHSZh6U

The weird thing to me is that Riley Dennis -- the ... person ... in the video -- is biologically male and in a long-term relationship with a biological woman.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:54 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Why do you think it's a Trump thing? My dad is a Democrat - he was an alternate for Carter but didn't want to be around gays or fairies as he called them. And god forbid one of his kids marry a black person! He's mellowed as he's gotten older and accepts my childhood friend who finally came out of the closet as well as his significant other. See even Democrats can learn to like everyone - too bad so many feel the republicans are the only ones who have a problem with race and gender.
I think you just described the aging generation that is in power and doesn't represent America any longer.
They are stuck in the 50 s and can't tolerate anyone living in the present.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, conservatives are very, very much the same way with the 2nd Amendment.

Liberals don't fear they will be taken care of. Instead, they fear the poor won't be taken care of due to the fact that Republicans pretty strongly feel that the U. S. Constitution does not allow the government to help out the poor. That's why Republicans were so passionately against ObamaCare and why they want to cut government welfare. As Republicans see it, only private charity and individual giving from one's heart is hopefully supposed to take care of the poor. The government must always stay out it. This philosophy isn't something recent. It goes back to nearly the founding of the country.
The party that robs from the poor to give to the rich...and then those made richer will give it back? Yah. I dont think so.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
If there is one thing that will quickly trigger a sizable chunk of Trump supporters it's gender nonconformity. Whether a person is gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender or if they simply don't conform to accepted gender norms, they are in the cross-hairs these days. Why is it that many Trump supporters are so preoccupied with other peoples' lives? If a person is gay or wants to transition or simply wants to live in a way that doesn't conform to gender stereotypes i.e. feminism, why shouldn't they be able to? If somebody wants to live and raise their family like the Cleavers more power to them, but why do people get so upset that others want to live in this century?
Why do these gender confused idiots have to trumpet their confusion? They can wallow in their degeneracy without having to let everyone know how messed up they are.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Gender nonconformity has never bothered me personally until I started seeing factions that are indoctrinating little children into it well before their brains are fully formed. As someone who was sexualized at far too early an age, this sickens and angers me.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:16 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Quote:
If there is one thing that will quickly trigger a sizable chunk of Trump supporters it's gender nonconformity. Whether a person is gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender or if they simply don't conform to accepted gender norms, they are in the cross-hairs these days. Why is it that many Trump supporters are so preoccupied with other peoples' lives? If a person is gay or wants to transition or simply wants to live in a way that doesn't conform to gender stereotypes i.e. feminism, why shouldn't they be able to? If somebody wants to live and raise their family like the Cleavers more power to them, but why do people get so upset that others want to live in this century?
I don't care what someone wants to pretend they are or who they love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies