Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Exactly. Nor is there any requirement or stipulation that the participants of a so-called same sex “wedding” be homosexual or that this "SSM" situation is reserved exclusively for the homosexual.
That is a good point actually. To take that further, if someone wanted to marry their cat, or their car, or their life insurance contract, these Christian Merchants would refuse to offer those services also. It is not even specifically about "homosexuals," it is about the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 09:36 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Actually, they'd already gotten their appetizers. And the business owners refusing to bake and decorate (not sell) cakes which conflict with their religuous beliefs, or particpate in a same-sex wedding by placing (not selling) floral arrangements, didn't follow them to another establishment and lead a group of hecklers to hound them there.
The baker and the floral arranger also offered to sell them other products and services, just not the ones being requested that were offensive to their religious beliefs. So they were not refusing to serve them at all. They were only refusing to provide certain services which conflicted with their religious beliefs, as the plaintiffs in these cases surely knew very well before they went in to knowingly and intentionally instigate this trouble with these Christian merchants.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:38 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If refusing service based on political beliefs is how someone wants to operate, I wish them good luck but won't be surprised when the free market does its thing. I don't think comparing political alignment with religious beliefs are the same.
You're kind of missing the poster's point.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Oh how cute, using a fictional book of myths to defend bigotry.

Do you advocate the murder of gay men for loving each other?

so you decided to read that one post, and then think you know anything about me. you dont. perhaps you might go back through my posts on this subject, and read up on what i have said in the past.

as for using the bible, and you calling tt a fictional book, that is YOUR opinion, especially since you have no facts to back up that opinion. so you go ahead an consider it a work of fiction all you want, it doesnt make it true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Although I agree with this decision I do wonder how it is going to effect how we handle radical islam in this country.

criminal activity is still criminal activity, even when done in the name of religion.

i will also note that the first amendment states that congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, nor the free exercise there of. that means no laws can be made to force the courts to consider sharia law no matter how much muslims fuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies