Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2018, 05:52 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

If your deeply held belief is that it is wrong to rip children from their parents and keep them in cages then telling those who are involved with this to get the hell out of your restaurant seems fine to me.

However, I would rather they took her order and then an hour later given her a bill, insisted she had been served while being condescending and insulting.

Seems fair.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Simply NOT true...in fact it's an outright lie!
How???

Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
How come it’s OK for the Red Hen to refuse service, but it’s not OK for the baker to refuse to make a gay wedding cake?

Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
The Mrs and I are going to drive over there tomorrow and have lunch!I don't care if the food stinks I want them to know I back them!

Old 06-25-2018, 06:00 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If your deeply held belief is that it is wrong to rip children from their parents and keep them in cages then telling those who are involved with this to get the hell out of your restaurant seems fine to me.

However, I would rather they took her order and then an hour later given her a bill, insisted she had been served while being condescending and insulting.

Seems fair.

"If your deeply held belief is that it is wrong to rip children from their parents and keep them in cages"

Considering this is NOT what is happening, making up stories does NOT increase your credibility rating.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, so it's okay for an owner to not bake a cake for a gay couple or even serve them but these owners can not show support for what they believe in? Does the republican party know what the word "hypocrite " means?

a couple of things wrong with your post;

1: the bakeries in question refused to bake a WEDDING cake.

2: the bakeries in question had served gays in the past, with no issues, until they asked for a wedding cake at which point the owners said no due to religious objections

3: the owner of the restaurant in question tossed sanders based on a difference in politics. and it wasnt just the owner, but the employees as well that were opposed to sanders political point of view. and also the owner didnt like who sanders worked for.

sorry there is no hypocrisy here except by the left who claims to be tolerant of every ones point of view, yet they constantly tell every one that they have to believe what the liberals believe because if hey dont they are fascists, or what ever other ugly word they can come up with.

the other thing is that sanders is not likely to sue the restaurant owner for refusing to serve her party, where as liberals will sue at the drop of a hat, or the slightest insult.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
How come it’s OK for the Red Hen to refuse service, but it’s not OK for the baker to refuse to make a gay wedding cake?

It is wrong in BOTH cases. Discrimination is discrimination. No business should deny service based on an owner's beliefs.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
From the article:

So securing our borders from illegal aliens, potential criminals, drug dealers, gang members, and terrorists is inhumane, unethical, and also immoral? I think this woman is just another butt hurt, far left Progressive over Hillary LOSING. She is also a radical feminist activist, and a New York transplant.
You don't get to interpret (via cherry picking) what they consider unethical. Right now, the main thing this admin is "securing" our borders from is people who are fleeing political unrest. The USA has laws in place that talk about how we process political refugees, and they are not being followed.

But that's not even the point. The point was made in the article if you bothered to read it. The unethical things they were referring to is this administrations support for giving less rights to certain groups of people. In the case of this story, it was specifically LGBT.

Here is the thing that is ironic. People who supported the baker in Colorado did so because they wanted to protect the baker's rights to not support something that they thought was immoral. Most people on the left disagreed (being gay is not immoral), but OK, the SCOTUS ruled, and that was that. We all expressed our disagreement, as is our right, and moved on. The cake-maker was allowed to restrict their business based on sexual identity. OK.

But when the same principle is applied in the other direction, you guys all go nuts? What's that about. I mean, the people in the restaurant were protesting ACTUAL Christian values, not made up ones. The values to love everyone, to love the sinner and hate the sin (assuming there was a sin) was ignored by this administration, and SSH was the spokesperson for it all.

Why, if we are advocating for people's freedom to defend their religious ethics, would ANYONE have a problem with a restaurant refusing to serve someone based on the fact that they don't support the teachings of Christ?

Now to be clear, I think the baker should have made the cake, I think that SSH should have never fanned the flames of hate, and I think that the restaurant should have served SSH. In my world, and in that of most so-called "liberals", people come to work, do their job, and go home. If they don't want to bake cakes for gay people, they don't become a baker. If they don't want to issue marriage licenses for same sex, don't become a clerk at the license office, and YES, if you don't want to serve food to blacks, Muslims, Jews, gays, or anti-Christian Gay-hating Republicans, then don't work in a restaurant. It's that simple.

But if the Trump/Sanders ideology is practiced consistently, then she should not have too much trouble understanding why they would not want to serve her or others who openly support this admin.

(And it sounds like it was a business decision too. Sounds like, in her town, it would have been bad business to serve them. The dollar speaks truth.)

Old 06-25-2018, 06:58 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
I do not agree with the owner kicking out SHS because of her politics. Her money is just as green as anyone else. It was a bad move, imo.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
All associations should be voluntary. I think it's stupid to turn away business, but if that owner feels that her profit margin is best served by denying members of the Trump administration service, then good for her.

This will have all manner of ugly downsides, but proper freedom always does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies