Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 08:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Well first of all, if you'd read any article about the incident, you'd know that the owner who ejected Sanders was a "she", not a "he".

I hate the fact that any government official needs security...unfortunately, if you want any good people to run for office, given the level of vitriol, hate and potential violence present with those who disagree with others these days, it's a necessity.

Soon we'll have posted liberal restaurants where conservatives won't be allowed in and/or served. Hmmm, that almost sounds like a place we've been before and thought we'd left behind....but I guess not.

If you don't think like me politically, there is obviously something seriously wrong with you and my like minded "friends" and I will get up in your face to prove it as is the advice from Rep. Maxine Waters.

We hit a new low every day it seems.
She/he/it--it doesn't matter. It was a reflexive action.

The point is, government employees don't deserve taxpayer-funded security any more than the drunk living under the bridge. If they want it they should pay for it themselves.

Property rights are absolute. They reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
But the door of hypocrisy swings both ways.

I fully understand the law and the distinction you've cited, but on principle, the restaurant owner was in the wrong. Period.
This wasn't a case of hypocrisy though. I am fine with the owner's right to discriminate but it cannot be based solely on a protected class. Being a public figure or political ideologue isn't a protected class but being homosexual in Colorado is and being Black is. Many conservatives praised the religious right to discriminate even when it broke the Civil Rights Act, but this is an attack on individual civil liberties? What about the gays told they couldn't get a cake for their gay wedding? Is that not the same? There in lies the hypocrisy. I do not see hypocrisy in my logic since it is as I said it was legal versus illegal denial of service. To me, the Huckabee Sanders removal is the same as denying a disorderly customer. Most wouldn't disagree with those.

As for the coward who repped me with this gem without leaving a name...
Quote:
No, you don't have full understanding of each event.
I don't think you don't either. Oh and thanks for the rep...

Old 06-26-2018, 08:22 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its not because she was insulted, its because she is going to be targeted by the left if you listen to loud mouths like maxine waters, who told her supporters at a rally to get out and get into republicans faces, specifically those that work in this administration. this is just the beginning, and it will only get worse from here.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...assed-mob.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ign-calls.html

Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW, the left agrees that she needs this because of "the left."

Amazing.....no not really, but they are telling the truth, whether they know it or not.....
I am sure Trump ordered it.
Lets see how long his security protects kidnappers.
Hopefully they will quit rather than protect terrorizers of mothers and children.

She s entitled to it if she s afraid I am sure.
I m sure there is someone employed in risk management that assess the request. If that epa guy is afraid to fly coach so he needs extra security and a first class ticket, then Sarah Sanders isnt going to turn it down
She s not paying for it.

She 'll quit in a big ta doo blaming democrats etc
. like she s supposed to.
She should have quit in protest to this inhumane policy.
She d be a hero right now.
Instead she 'll have to hide her whole life, have to answer her kids questions..".mommy why did uncle trump put those little kids in cages?? Is he going to put me in a cage??"

Old 06-26-2018, 08:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
I wonder why they let Sarah make the reservation, take her order, and partially serve her family, if they were planning on asking her to leave? Were they wanting her to come so they could boot her publicly just to make a point? Almost looks like a set up to purposely embarrass her. Could the employees have planned this when Sarah first made the reservation? Seems like they should have just denied her at the point of reservation, not after they're seated.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:49 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There were rumors 2 weeks ago that she was going to resign.

The added hassle of Secret Service might make her decide to resign much sooner.
And that’s their goal I’m sure. Then they can complain about no good people wanting to work for Trump. You guys don’t care about this country. It’s win at all costs. I will never forget.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
I wonder why they let Sarah make the reservation, take her order, and partially serve her family, if they were planning on asking her to leave? Were they wanting her to come so they could boot her publicly just to make a point? Almost looks like a set up to purposely embarrass her. Could the employees have planned this when Sarah first made the reservation? Seems like they should have just denied her at the point of reservation, not after they're seated.
How do you know that Sarah made the reservation? And if she did, how do you know she used her name?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:01 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
How do you know that Sarah made the reservation? And if she did, how do you know she used her name?

I don't, and you may be right that her group just wandered in spontaneously. Doesn't seem too likely for a somewhat large group (particularly with children) to just stumble into a popular restaurant that only can seat 30 without having made a reservation. Could happen I guess.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Quote:
I don't, and you may be right that her group just wandered in spontaneously. Doesn't seem too likely for a somewhat large group (particularly with children) to just stumble into a popular restaurant that only can seat 30 without having made a reservation. Could happen I guess.
I don't doubt that they had a reservation for a party of 7 in a small restaurant. But I would guess someone else made it as she's kinda really busy plus, it wouldn't surprise if she prefers not to make reservations in her own name. Possibly many in the administration prefer not to.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Look where Lexington is. It would be on the road from Tennessee to DC.

Also. Lexington is a small town, The biggest employers are two colleges VMI and Washington & Lee who would have been out of session.

They could have stopped in Roanoke, a half hour south, and had more dining options.

IDK. I would think if she made reservations and they were conveyed to management then she would not have even got an appetizer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies