Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Thanks. That B&B is no where close to the Red Hen. Over 5 miles away. They would have had to travel by car. So much for all the posters ragging me on "across the street" and saying it was one to two blocks away..
This is really weird. If Wilkerson got in her car and stalked the SHS party than she is completely unhinged and has no right to do that.
It never happened.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Thanks. That B&B is no where close to the Red Hen. Over 5 miles away. They would have had to travel by car. So much for all the posters ragging me on "across the street" and saying it was one to two blocks away..
This is really weird. If Wilkerson got in her car and stalked the SHS party than she is completely unhinged and has no right to do that.
I think it was more a mistake of identifying the wrong B&B, or of the guy trying to get his B&B in the news by falsely identifying that they went there. Wouldn't be the first time someone lied to get on TV news.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:25 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It never happened.
For a change, why don't you prove it? Make us believe what you say one time.

I am willing to bet there are a lot of people that have posted in this thread who are anti Trump that are as embarrassed to be identified with you, because of your posts, as the other restaurant owners in Lexington are to be identified with the owner of the Red Hen.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Sanders posted a boo-hoo comment on her FB page. As her fellow trumpers would say, she was butt hurt.
Wrong again.

Read the WaPo article.

The media got ahold of this because one of the restaurant's employees posted the picture of the note that read '86 - Sarah Huckabee Sanders' on FB.

SHS's FB response was after that.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Why don't you tell the entire story?

The owner came to the restaurant after SH and her party had already been served their their drinks and appetizers. The owner told SH that SH and her party were not welcome. SH immediately replied, "OK, we'll pay for the drinks and appetizers". Then the owner said no need and comped SH and her party for their drinks and appetizers.

Afterwards, SH and her party did not take to social media to complain and cry. I believe that it was one of the restaurant's waiters who first posted about the incident on social media. Only after others had started discussing the incident did SH post a confirmation, in extremely mild language.
I should have read down thread before posting...this = pretty much the same point I just made.

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I think it was more a mistake of identifying the wrong B&B, or of the guy trying to get his B&B in the news by falsely identifying that they went there. Wouldn't be the first time someone lied to get on TV news.
The guy is definitely the owner of Good Place Farms B&B. Apparently they stayed there for 4 days thru the weekend. And that Sarah was there after the Red Hen visit. Seems like another discrepancy.

https://www.virginiafirst.com/news/l...ost/1263905862

Owner: Sanders' experience at bed & breakfast redeemed visit to Lexington

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't like him either, but the bolded = words that indicate people aren't responsible for their own actions. Trump isn't dividing the nation, the people who disapprove of him who are choosing to react as they are are dividing the nation.

Exactly right.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
For a change, why don't you prove it? Make us believe what you say one time.

I am willing to bet there are a lot of people that have posted in this thread who are anti Trump that are as embarrassed to be identified with you, because of your posts, as the other restaurant owners in Lexington are to be identified with the owner of the Red Hen.
Oh dear, you hurt my feelings. Your opinions are irrelevant.
My proof it didn't happen is that there is STILL no proof that it happened. Understand?

Oh, & next time when you're trapped in a corner, try to refrain from moving the goalposts. It's so unbecoming for you.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Then you better take off your shoes and count on your toes too, because this business isn't going anywhere. They have been there forever, their on line reviews are all 5 star, and their customer base mostly voted AGAINST Trump. If anything, their business will now flourish, as like minded people seek them out, and they got a lot of free advertising.

Looks like a great little restaurant, I may just take a little drive some day and go there. I will be sure to ask for the owner, shake her hand, and tell her I would have done exactly the same thing.

Her business, her right to serve who she wants.
Given her political views it is unlikely, would you say the same thing if the owner was denying service to someone in a protected class ?...doubtful.

You are only stating the bolded because you agree with the owner politically, not because you would defend your statement I bolded to the bitter end.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Given her political views it is unlikely, would you say the same thing if the owner was denying service to someone in a protected class ?...doubtful.

You are only stating the bolded because you agree with the owner politically, not because you would defend your statement I bolded to the bitter end.
And the same goes for cons. You know it, I know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies