Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 02:40 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Stop the nonsense sindey. You know welfare is abused (the tax payer is abused). And yes, while we're at it, lets stop giving big corporations big tax breaks and get rid of lobbyist. By the way, if you think raising taxes on "income" is the way to go, that tells me you don't know much about taxation and how they can get around it.
Just want to remind everyone that corporations don't pay any taxes they're assessed. The product/service end buyer/user does. Taxes are included as overhead in the pricing formula. It's a hidden tax on the consumer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The majority of those getting food stamps have someone in the household with a job. And we want to feed the kids because it makes substantial differences in IQ if kids get enough food or not. If you want the country to be less competitive globally then I suppose you could argue against feeding kids.
We feed kids and we already are less competitive globally.
Quote:
"This exam [OECD's PIAAC], given in 23 countries, assessed the thinking abilities and workplace skills of adults. It focused on literacy, math and technological problem-solving. The goal was to figure out how prepared people are to work in a complex, modern society. And U.S. millennials performed horribly...

But surely America’s brightest were on top?

Nope.

U.S. millennials with master’s degrees and doctorates did better than their peers in only three countries, Ireland, Poland and Spain...The ETS study noted that a decade ago the skill level of American adults was judged mediocre. “Now it is below even that.” So Millennials are falling even further behind.

Top-scoring US millennials – the 90th percentile on the PIAAC test – were at the bottom internationally, ranking higher only than their peers in Spain. The bottom scorers (10th percentile) also lagged behind their peers."
"U.S. millennials post 'abysmal' scores in tech, math, thinking ability, and workplace skills test, lag behind foreign peers":
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...foreign-peers/

Old 07-06-2018, 02:55 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Bubba Clinton cut welfare and food stamps and he got re-elected in 1996.....now Libs are complaining.

lets see what Bubba did.....he put lots of blacks in prison with his mass incarceration policy.....he cut and reform welfare...wasn't for open borders.....deported Elian Gonzalez and sent him back to Cuba and he expanded his voting base with blacks and Latinos.....go figure...lol

Old 07-06-2018, 05:18 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Exactly it's not said often enough. Some don't understand what it means and the greedy don't care.
And people wonder why I voted for Trump - just because of these types of juvenile responses and the lack of tolerance on the left. Please keep it up - not only is the Walk Away movement growing - but so is the silent majority. Maybe take a trick out of their book - keep your mouths shut and if the right is really that bad - you'll end up finally winning something.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:21 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And people wonder why I voted for Trump - just because of these types of juvenile responses and the lack of tolerance on the left. Please keep it up - not only is the Walk Away movement growing - but so is the silent majority. Maybe take a trick out of their book - keep your mouths shut and if the right is really that bad - you'll end up finally winning something.
Yeah. I didn't vote for him, but I'm a supporter now.
The nastiness of The Left is the GOP's best friend.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:29 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This will not fit will with large swaths of white Americans who depend on Snap Assistance. Trump will loose a huge voting bloc if anything.
I honestly doubt it. Fox "News" will convince them that 'colored' one took away their SNAP benefits. We aren't dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed here.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:35 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is huge fraud in the welfare programs. I listen to a Conservative talk show out of Boston and the host is always highlighting the fraud such as when a drug dealer is arrested and the cops find multiple EBT cards on him or worse when an illegal alien is picked up and they find multiple cards with different names on them.

For years the responsible have wanted to require a photo on the recipients card to stop the fraud but the dominant Left in my state has always shot that idea down.

Welfare should be there for the people that need it but there are many that are scamming the system and that is costing us all.

If the GOP wants to clean up welfare fraud then I am all for it.
"Conservative talk show"---not lot of factual info coming from there--just more gas-lighting and conspiracy theories

No what you don't want to admit is that whites abuse the system as much or more than minorities simply because they are in the majority of recepients---
Go outside the big cities into the states like Kentucky, West Va and others---
there are plenty of whites that are abusing not just FS programs but programs like SSDI--
it has become the income stream that filled in when jobs left...

The majority of abuse really happens in programs like Medicaid/Medicare with PROFESSIONALS like doctors and medical clinics that abuse the system and rip it off for millions of dollars using RICO schemes

Old 07-06-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I honestly doubt it. Fox "News" will convince them that 'colored' one took away their SNAP benefits. We aren't dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed here.
There are not "large swaths of white Americans" receiving Food Stamps.

The Politics and Demographics of Food Stamp Recipients - Pew Research

Old 07-06-2018, 06:46 AM

Rachel Dolezal, the White woman who faked being Black for years, was just recently arrested for welfare fraud.

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ra...nyj740FsKOaPN/

Old 07-06-2018, 06:50 AM

369 posts, read 325,480 times
"Workfare" is loooong overdue.
Every time I visit a grocery I see snap recipients buying highly processed garbage and then a wad of cash to buy twenty lottery tickets and $6.00 pack of Camels. Then next door to the liquor store.
I'm sick of being suckered. I suspect most of them would try to scam "workfare" with their existing Medicaid fraud rackets.
Time to expand our national policy on reverse immigration and send them out of our boarders. They'd assimilate just fine in our southern neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies