Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 06:54 PM

56,974 posts, read 25,934,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Chad is on the current list? WOW....maybe you do some research...you know, possibly read the bill...maybe, possibly....Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...keep up the great work.....
My mistake, Trump came to his senses and removed Chad. Maybe you can go down the list and indicate all the terror attacks by the other 7 countries, start with Iran and Venezuela. Do you stay awake nights worrying about attacks from Venezuela or Yemen. This was nothing more than the Breitbart, Gorka, Miller preaching fear.

Why is this important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 06:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So the strictest President on immigration that we’ve ever had isn’t strict enough?
As I noted, he is doing nothing that Obama didn't do before him. Neither addressed the problem. Employers.

Quote:
You’re cute. Sorry that separating children at the border isn’t good enough for you.
It doesn't address the problem. It wasn't when Obama did it either or we wouldn't still be here.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I noted, he is doing nothing that Obama didn't do before him. Neither addressed the problem. Employers.

It doesn't address the problem. It wasn't when Obama did it either or we wouldn't still be here.
There was a large influx of minors back in 2014, they needed to take some action/ I don't see that there is a significant increase that warranted drastic action.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:28 PM

Fairly good analysis by Sotomayor comparing this to the Japanese internment case.

Quote:
“‘People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!’” she read, recounting the president’s 2017 tweet.
“Islam hates us,” she read, citing another example, and added another: “We’re having problems with Muslims coming into the country.”
In another powerful passage, Justice Sotomayor drew parallels between the decision and Korematsu v. United States, the 1944 ruling that upheld the detention of Japanese-Americans during World War II.
“As here, the government invoked an ill-defined national security threat to justify an exclusionary policy of sweeping proportion,” she said. “As here, the exclusion was rooted in dangerous stereotypes about, inter alia, a particular group’s supposed inability to assimilate and desire to harm the United States.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/u...ravel-ban.html

Old 06-26-2018, 07:42 PM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
My mistake, Trump came to his senses and removed Chad. Maybe you can go down the list and indicate all the terror attacks by the other 7 countries, start with Iran and Venezuela. Do you stay awake nights worrying about attacks from Venezuela or Yemen. This was nothing more than the Breitbart, Gorka, Miller preaching fear.

Why is this important.

https://www.aipac.org/-/media/public...-americans.pdf

WOW....the link above provides a little history....read, learn, and let your brain expand.....

Quote:
One confidential intelligence document obtained by CNN links Venezuela's new Vice President Tareck El Aissami to 173 Venezuelan passports and ID's that were issued to individuals from the Middle East, including people connected to the terrorist group Hezbollah.
The accusation that the country was issuing passports to people who are not Venezuelan first surfaced in the early 2000s when Hugo Chavez was the country's president, interviews and records show.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/world...ion/index.html

I know you don't like what I posted, but......oh well......................

Old 06-26-2018, 07:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Fairly good analysis by Sotomayor comparing this to the Japanese internment case.
There is a major difference. The Japanese were here legally and were American citizens.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,109,482 times
I think it's just amusing how liberals try to attack the travel ban now as not including enough countries when the ban would have been wider if not for their attempt to include no countries.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 11,153,505 times
The question given to the Supreme Court was whether or not the ban is Constitutional within the powers of the President. It's not suppose to be about what one personally thinks of Trump or if he in his mind had any ulterior motives regarding race or religion.
It's a Constitutional issue plain and simple. The President either has the power or he doesn't. The left on the Supreme Court once again didn't really care about Constitutional law, they care about promoting an agenda like all good activates do.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 PM

30,635 posts, read 21,799,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Tell me how many people have been killed from immigrants from these countries in the last decade. I'll even help you. 0. How many "Christian" Americans have killed other Americans? Thousands upon thousands. The problem isn't Islam. The problem is Trump and his xenophobic attitudes toward any human with naturally brown skin. But his supporters are so far up his rear end they will support everything he says and does no matter how ridiculous.
"The problem isn't Islam"?

Hmm? Call me a skeptic, but a religion started by a self admitted Murdering Slaver who married a 9 year old child, could be nothing but peaceful? A religion where 1/3 of their girls globally have had their clitoris cut from their body? A religion where 95% of all Terrorists from around the world (Not just the US) Identify with? As far a what country they come from it doesn't seem to matter.

Considering you seem to not like Christians as they are such killers and the vast majority of people in the US identify as Christian, I might suggest looking into a nice Muslim Republic

I'm actually fine with any Muslim who wants to move here, as long as they denounce Mohammad as the Murdering Slaver that he was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ion_by_country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Old 06-26-2018, 08:09 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,893,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I think it's just amusing how liberals try to attack the travel ban now as not including enough countries when the ban would have been wider if not for their attempt to include no countries.
Let's not put lipstick on this pig. It's not a travel ban. It is a Muslim ban, pure and simple. If Christians are so convinced of the superiority of their religion and so convinced of America's supreme might and power over everyone, they would not be so terrified of Muslims that they are determined to shut them out of the country.

Consider what you (and every "travel ban" supporter) is saying. You are so scared of every Muslim you don't want to risk any coming into the country. They might hurt you. That's sad. I sure wouldn't want to live with that kind of fear. There's help for that, you know. The country that is supposed to have freedom of religion apparently only has freedom of religion if you are a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies