Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:11 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,147,263 times

Advertisements

America is a nation of sheep that think they’ll be wolves someday. So the sheep vote for policies favorable to the wolves. When the sheep can’t figure out why they keep getting eaten, the wolves tell them that it’s someone else’s fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:13 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, I read it, but just as the OP, make accusations/assumptions and don't post a link....what, don't like it?
I'm not sure I understand your comment. ^^^^

You agree that the tax cuts will increase the deficit, but you don't want to post that information?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:15 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,067,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not sure I understand your comment. ^^^^

You agree that the tax cuts will increase the deficit, but you don't want to post that information?

I understand that currently they are running about 50million more, and the forecast (forecast) says they are supposed to go higher, lets wait and see, shall we?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:26 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Quote:
I understand that currently they are running about 50million more, and the forecast (forecast) says they are supposed to go higher, lets wait and see, shall we?
What choice do we have at this point?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,035,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
So you agree all the information is correct, you just don't like the source, is that what you are saying or do you have any info to refute the facts?
I do have plenty to refute those non-facts. So could you if you simply read a little and think.

Quote:
The total cost is around $2 billion

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...or-themselves/

Quote:
When the Congressional Budget Office released its updated budget forecast, everyone focused on the deficit number. But buried in the report was the CBO's tacit admission that it vastly overestimated the cost of the Trump tax cuts, because it didn't account for the strong economic growth they would generate.
Quote:
In any case, the CBO now expects GDP to be $6.1 trillion bigger by 2027 than it did before the tax cuts.

The CBO report also makes clear that this faster-growing economy will offset most of the costs of the Trump tax cuts.

In a table buried in the appendix of the CBO report, it shows that, before accounting for economic growth, the tax cuts Trump signed into law late last year would cut federal revenues by $1.69 trillion from 2018-2027.

But it goes on to say that higher rate of GDP growth will produce $1.1 trillion in new revenues. In other words, 65% of the tax cuts are paid for by extra economic growth.

Quote:
The $4k average pay raise did not pan out, wages have gone done instead.
According to official data wage growth has been around 4.5% so far this year and inflation has been around 2.5%

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-.../inflation-cpi

Quote:
Corporations are not putting that money back into the economy, they are doing stock buybacks and paying dividends instead.
Companies are actually mostly sitting on it. The biggest choices are to pay debt, fund growth, pay shareholders, pay employees or hold cash. Some companies are doing a little of all, some are doing a lot of one. If you look at these charts then you might get a better feel.

1 other thing I would mention is that paying dividends and stock buybacks help anyone invested in those companies, which millions of people do with 401Ks, IRAs and Pension systems. Also, a lot of that money is actually coming from offshore funds being repatriated and not the tax cut.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...ings-are-going

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...-it-2018-05-30

Quote:
the GOP claimed it would stop job outsourcing but the opposite happened.
Companies move here, they move there for all sorts of reasons. Pointing out some rando company and going ahaaaa! isn't particularly useful. One thing I can point to is the that the US unemployment rate is at 3.8% and thats the lowest its been in 50 years. Kind of hard to say there is a big outsourcing of jobs when we are at near record low unemployment rates.

Quote:
the richest 1% will get 83% of the tax cuts.
pure hyperbole.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:39 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,620,096 times
Most knowledgeable people knew this would happen. More trickle down complements of the Republicans. The party of big money and big business. Don’t have either of those? then we’ll include hate.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:40 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,741,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
America is a nation of sheep that think they’ll be wolves someday. So the sheep vote for policies favorable to the wolves. When the sheep can’t figure out why they keep getting eaten, the wolves tell them that it’s someone else’s fault.
That is a great analogy.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:40 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,135 times
Quote:
I knew that this was bad for America and the economy, the American people are being lied to and stolen from.

The total cost is around $2 billion

The $4k average pay raise did not pan out, wages have gone done instead.

Corporations are not putting that money back into the economy, they are doing stock buybacks and paying dividends instead.

the GOP claimed it would stop job outsourcing but the opposite happened.

the richest 1% will get 83% of the tax cuts.

Now they are looking to make cuts in other necessary programs such as Medicare and Social Security and Food Stamps to pay for it.

Thank you...for reading my thoughts and opinions and commentary as the OP.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...-an-utter-flop
Which was the plan all along.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:41 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,741,248 times
Quote:
[/i]

Crumbs.....Nancy is that you?
Nancy Reagan is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies