Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:06 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qartaxin View Post
Antifa isn't that violent

Go watch some more CNN, why don't you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 05:09 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess it's to be expected to see the hypocrites whining about people like Maxine Waters (whom I think a fool) while having NO problem with a Prsidential candidate who said "So if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Just knock the hell .... I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise."

I guess the medical term for conveniently ignoring one side of the story would be Republicanism.
A lot of people I know (myself included) wouldn't support/vote for either of them.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Well, there might be a City- Data civil war. But here in the real world, nah. Why do I say this? I'm a liberal who lives in a deeply red state. Every encounter I have ever had has been nothing but civil. Same when I was in the majority in New York. I had friends who did not agree at all with me or my colleagues. We had great argumentative discussions over beers, pizza and wings. But violence or or ostracism ? Never happened.

That is because conservatives generally ARE civil. Leftists are much more frequently quite the opposite.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 15 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Maxine Waters is definitely crossed the line. Protesting outside offices, and even blocking traffic (sometimes) is one thing. Personalized harassment is something else. That said, I have no problem with a private business saying they don't want to serve a certain person due to what they clearly and unequivocally stand for. And this goes for Kamau Kambon as well (youtube v=kBS2Frnbt6Uas).

As for the Civil War part? We've been through worse since 1865. The 1960s was a lot worse (riots in front of the 1968 DNC convention in Chicago, riots on college campuses and in minority neighborhoods). Certainly this is the most tense since the 1960s, but it won't result in civil war. This is just people letting their imaginations getting out of control. Survivalist antigovernment dreaming.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:29 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Protesters couldn't even take Operation Wall Street to a finish and we're talking about a civil war?

We're not protest crazy France nor are we protest crazy Latin America, nor will we ever be!

Old 06-26-2018, 05:31 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
No. The majority of Americans are too fat and lazy these days. Too dumbed down by there cellphone and TV too really take up arms against anyone other then a double cheeseburger or TV remote.
These days it’s more of a civil war of words then anything else. Something needs to gave and shake people lack of apathy. A civil war would do just that.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump has twice suggested side-stepping due process, in grabbing guns and deporting immigrants. A POTUS trampling the Constitution he took an oath to uphold is as likely a cause for civil war as anything else.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/381145002/

Authorities abandon 'zero-tolerance' policy for immigrant families | abc7ny.com

I approve this post! Didn't Donald Trump say "Knock the crap out of them?" Maxine Waters seem tame when compared to this man-child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3HUVIZQc-Q

Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Until we have one congressman almost beating another to death on the Senate floor like Preston Brooks on Charles Sumner in the late 1850’s, I’m not going to worry about a Civil War. Being crude to each other does not equate with that.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I don't see a civil war. However I see more violence towards public officials.
There isn't much of a sociopolitical obstacle between attacking public officials and voters. In fact, as we saw in the election, there were a rash street attacks on Trump voters.

Quote:
The comment you were quoting was in response to a racist post about how brown people getting equal rights would cause a civil war, started by those who want to keep their unfair advantage.
Brown people have equal rights. What you are using coded language for is communist style forced equal outcomes.

Quote:
The Trump-based driven erosion of respect and decorum is causing frustration with a lot more people.
If you recall the campaign period, the Left and its media attempted to win public forum debates using dishonest rhetoric that could only be countered by breaking decorum.

Their idea was to trap the Right into a choice between being polite and losing, or breaking deocrum, speaking a truth, and escaping the trap.

This gamble of the Left was a poor one as the conservative base has long been willing to condone a break in your decorum due to the creep of Far Left social politics, and now your precious invented decorum that you had depended on to retain your Overton Window is lost, the political division in this nation is excessively wide, and you lost the WH.

They can be frustrated at a break in decorum. They are living in 2008 and not the present. It's never coming back, and their Far Left politics are the primary reason for that.

They chose this and constant revolution over moderation.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
And a right-wing terrorist ran over dozens of people with his car at a protest in Charlottesville, and another one fired his gun into a crowd in front of police officers who just stood and watched. For every tit you throw out there, I can lob back a tat. There's more than enough hatred, anger, and willingness to do violence on both sides of the divide to get the prairie fire burning.
After that driver was intimidated by a terrorist Antifa brandishing an AR-15, and after months of attacks on people on the Right. And those people were violent. They weren't calmly demonstrating, but attacking. An escalation was inevitable. You don't have a tit for tat. The violence on the Left far exceeds that on the Right in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies