Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:33 AM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
If only!

We now have an attack dog press that happily carried water for 0bama for eight years!

I'd be happy with a watch dog press!
True, but it is still keeping Trump from being corrupt. Better attack dog than lap dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 02:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Lol, I may not agree with you all the time GG but you're right on with this. It's not liberals, it's far leftists that do this crap. There's a difference.
This is so true. Radicals ON BOTH SIDES are the ones making the crap. It's ones in the middle that need to call them out. Too many on both sides are ignoring all the crazies.

Trump needs to walk back a lot of what he says and Dems need to as well. The MSM feeds on these stories and should be called out as well.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I bet the English felt the same way about all those organized and violent American upstarts who were rebelling back in the late 1700's. Today, we hold those men and women up as heros and Patriots.

You guys have to look at what is going on and accept it for what it is. NEVER before have we seen so many people rising up in protest about what one President is doing, NEVER. Regardless of what you try to paint it as, it has nothing to do with "Us losing" or anything like that. It has everything to do with so many people seeing how corrupt and dangerous this administration is, and how they realize it can not continue the way it is.

Armchair quarterbacks today ask " How did the people of Germany sit back and do nothing to stop Hitler, when he was coming into power"? How could they sit back and watch trains full of human beings being hauled off to their deaths"? I think we are getting a glimpse of how they let that happen right here in America, right now. We have so many people who are somehow sucked into liking and accepting all the things Donald Trump is doing, and they are ignoring what his true agenda is, and where it is taking us.

The people standing up, confronting Trump people in restaurants, and things like that, are simply modern day Patriots, and they are refusing to sit back and do nothing, while the trains leave the station.
That is the problem. How the MSM or whoever ginned up the left to think Trump is Hitler. It's sad.

So tell us what HIS TRUE ADGENDA IS. Those on the left can never do that. It's certainly not what the Nazis did.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Great link. Wonder how many would understand when someone says "Godwin's law" if it is sited in a debate?

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:10 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
I know that sometimes a guy has bad relationship with his mother-in-law, but this ridiculous. However, that same guy might reload if he misses his mother-in-law

Old 06-27-2018, 04:23 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
I don't think "liberals" or your basic Democrat are responsible for crap like this. These acts, from the mobbing of officials to stuff like this, are being perpetrated by a much smaller and possibly more dangerous group who probably were Democrats at one point, but have now gone off the deep end and shouldn't be lumped in with all Democrats or even more normal "liberals". However, I do wish some of those who actually do not support this sort of behavior would speak out in the media about their disapproval. When the thread about Melania's jacket was going full throttle, I kept seeing posts saying that since she hadn't come out and defended herself against the accusation being thrown at her over the meaning of the message on her jacket, then she must agree with the popular opinions that were being voiced by the opposition. Perhaps Democrats should remember that sentiment, and come out against these types of activities. Otherwise, I guess everyone will think they all agree with this sort of insanity.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:25 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times
The Tea Party unleashed horrible attacks with similar antics against Obama and Democrats. Hope that they like the revenge!

Old 06-27-2018, 04:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Does anyone have any proof this happened? No details, no story, nothing. You are telling me a "carcass was decapitated and burned" on someone's porch, and it didn't even make the news?

Something like this usually makes local news, but nothing? What was it? Where was it?

Everything about the story is vague.

"An official said"...is meaningless. This whole thing sounds like fiction.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:44 PM

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/burnt-hea...calls-violence

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...fficials-porch

2 more sources, How many do you need? Of course, you won't hear about this on CNN.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/burnt-hea...calls-violence

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...fficials-porch

2 more sources, How many do you need? Of course, you won't hear about this on CNN.
We wont hear it on CNN because they want more then 1 actual source in order to report news. All I see there is far right sites repeating what they heard elsewhere.

Mind you, im not saying its untrue. Im just saying that CNN wont report until they can confirm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies