Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 03:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Here in Nevada, our GOP governor, who is a moderate but was initially against recreational marijuana soon changed his tune after the tax revenue started rolling in. In fact he signed an emergency proclamation to allow for alcohol vendors to transport it when the stock started getting low due to a lack of licensed carriers.
Not sure why he would do that, the alcohol industry is among those that are highly against legalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 03:24 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
There should not be much surprise here. Oklahoma has some of the worst problems in the country with alcohol, meth cookers and oxy addicts. I would think ez access to drugs would find favor there.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:41 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
I think it would greatly help the fight for nationwide legalization if we can get the word out to as many people as possible, about how corrupt and despicable DEA and other narco law enforcement agencies are!

I am out an about in public with my job every day, I regularly talk to a lot of different people thru out the day, I know for a fact I have opened a handful of eyes, in relation to what DEA and other such agencies are really doing, one guy the other day, was amazed, said he never really thought about the angle I was talking about, he had always had respect for DEA and narco law enforcement, but when I started talking about how they are nothing but lobbyists and enforcers for the drug cartels, ensuring the climate in the US remains as profitable as possible for the cartels, he changed his tune! I hope he goes out and talks about this to other people, and so on and so on.

Point is, if more and more people start viewing them on the same level as a terrorist group, all the better. The reason they have so many people applaud them for what they do, is largely because the people really do not know what they are doing, people just view them as 'law enforcement' or LE agency, and automatically have respect for them...THIS IS what needs to change!

Old 06-27-2018, 05:32 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Anyone who signs up for medical pot will lose the right to own a gun, it was announced today.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:40 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Anyone who signs up for medical pot will lose the right to own a gun, it was announced today.

And this is when we need to be worried.

Whenever conservatives start trying to restrict the Second Amendment rights of those they perceive to be liberals, we are in trouble. I feel that's where we are headed.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:43 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ah, the old "pick what you love more" tactic. I don't think gun enthusiast pot smokers are going to appreciate that.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:47 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I must admit that this is a surprise, but maybe it's not so weird. Twenty-three states have legalized medical marijuana, which I support. Recreational marijuana is something else entirely, though, with only four states signing on so far. Personally, although I live in a state with legal recreational marijuana, I'm not a fan and voted against it. I suggest Oklahoma residents think long and hard before they take that next step.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Maybe there is hope for NC after all.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:00 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
I think we can see that this issue has backing from all segments of society and MJ has largely lost its stigma. This should be an issue left to the states and the federal government needs to get out of the business.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:42 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I must admit that this is a surprise, but maybe it's not so weird. Twenty-three states have legalized medical marijuana, which I support. Recreational marijuana is something else entirely, though, with only four states signing on so far. Personally, although I live in a state with legal recreational marijuana, I'm not a fan and voted against it. I suggest Oklahoma residents think long and hard before they take that next step.
I'm afraid your numbers are a little dated. It is up to 8 states, plus Washington DC, that has legalized recreational marijuana.

I'm still astonished at people like you, who refuse to see or accept anything except negative on this issue. You and others like you, don't even consider all the harm that is NOT being caused by legal recreational cannabis:

All the careers that WEREN'T ruined since 2012 over the possession of a plant
All the homes and cars that WEREN'T forfeited to corrupt government agencies
All the children that WEREN'T ripped away from their loving parents and caring home
All the REAL criminals that WERE released early to make room for the marijuana users in our jails and courtrooms
All the money that DIDN'T flow to drug cartels, and instead helped fund education and infrastructure repairs

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, ....

Instead, just look at this tree to see what all is rooted in prohibition. How ANYONE could still be for it is a result of 80 years of government brainwashing, IMHO.

Everyone I've talked to from Oklahoma (I lived there for 50 years) voted for it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies