Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you could see abortion and gay marriage banned would you want to?
Trump supporter: Reverse Obergefell and Roe (both decisions) 29 15.18%
Trump supporter: Reverse Roe (abortion) 16 8.38%
Trump supporter: Reverse Obergefell (gay marriage) 7 3.66%
Trump supporter: Both decisions should remain as they are 64 33.51%
Not a Trump supporter 75 39.27%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 02:07 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hope you’re not telling me abortion is justified in any case when a baby is not perfect?
Google "harlequin babies" and tell me you honestly think women should be forced to carry on with those pregnancies, creating children that would have to live with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 03:07 PM

27,568 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
By this poll America is immoral.
It is up to individuals, their beliefs, religious persuasions, etc., to determine what is moral for themselves.

The state should not be in the business of dictating morality unless there is a compelling public health reason or community standard for doing so.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:08 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Google "harlequin babies" and tell me you honestly think women should be forced to carry on with those pregnancies, creating children that would have to live with that.
I just wonder if we actually surveyed the woman who actually have abortions we would no doubt find lots of Republicans. Like an elected official who was pro life who tried to force his mistress to have an abortion.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:09 PM

923 posts, read 495,261 times
Yes / Yes

Old 06-28-2018, 03:15 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
Looks to me like a possible deranged violent Trump Hating Democrat went crazy in Annapolis, like all the other left wing nut job protesters that been going crazy the past few weeks. The commies can't take they are done as a political force for the most part in our country! They have come un-glued!

Shooting investigation at Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis | WJLA
Not helpful. If people become unglued that transcends political party. Infact, posts and attituded like yours leads to the generalized characterization of the other that causes violence. So your a contributor to that kind of behavior. Like I have said before, I was a Republican and dont think Republicans support their party out of evil. And for your info one day your car will breakdown or you will need help and a liberal will be the one who helps you. Stop the attacks, keep it idea based.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:17 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
I love it when Trump said "they rip the baby out", its such a unique phrase.
Trump always has the best phrases.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Even with a conservative court, I don't think either one will be overturned. I'm not a Trump supporter though, just my opinion. Why would anyone want to go backwards to making abortions illegal again. The richer people will go somewhere else and the poor and the middle class will find a butcher to do it, just like before. Just cause it's illegal doesn't mean it still won't happen.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:09 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Jesus said the last days would become like Sodom and Gomorrah, so that's why homosexual marriage is just now being normalized. We are on the cusp of Jesus return.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:15 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Even with a conservative court, I don't think either one will be overturned. I'm not a Trump supporter though, just my opinion. Why would anyone want to go backwards to making abortions illegal again. The richer people will go somewhere else and the poor and the middle class will find a butcher to do it, just like before. Just cause it's illegal doesn't mean it still won't happen.
It will go back to the states. There's already four states that will make abortion illegal if Roe V. Wade is overturned. But there's eight states that have made abortion legal regardless of Roe V. Wade.

A chart of the states can be found here:

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...cy-absence-roe

Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
By this poll America is immoral.
Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion . Let's pretend for a moment that this CD poll did actually represent the US on the whole.

What is a moral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictonary
a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary
concerned with or derived from the code of interpersonal behavior that is considered right or acceptable in a particular society.
If a moral is a person's standards on what is acceptable for that person to do, then it is guidelines for YOU to live by. Not me. Not your neighbor, not Joe down the road. It might be immoral for YOU to have an abortion, but not immoral for someone else.

The other definition talks about what is acceptable in society. And that's where your argument that America is immoral is inherently flawed. If you want to use this poll to say that America is immoral because 74% of the "population" is likely fine with keeping Abortion and Gay Marriage laws the way they are, then society has spoken to say that society on the whole has accepted that this is acceptable behavior.

I could then conclude that people that want to limit a woman or a gay couples' rights are in fact immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies