Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 10:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
IT? You'll have to move to India for that and get in line.
I’ve done my homework, clearly you haven’t. With my specific degree, certifications, and talents I could go a multitude of places. Which I’ve already looked at and have picked up language courses for those I like the most.

Nice try though. Oh, and at least the Indians have good food. The weather isn’t for me though.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 6 hours ago)

5,791 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Is America Moving Toward Right-Wing Fascism?

Indeed, We are already a good distance down the list.
If you have Hannity, Limbaugh, and FOX news we already have Trump's Brown Shirts so that takes care of #1 along with a few thugs and tiki torch marchers.
Trump has #2, #3, and #5 covered and is working on #6.
Yep, agreed. Special notes about #5: Here, Here, and Here, just to name three
Quote:
There has been some push-back on #4 With BLM and some other efforts including DOJ monitors.
Not to mention modern consumer electronic-digital tech recording cops moves on the sly. Not just police brutalizations against, say, a 15 yr old black girl in a bikini in McKinney, TX. But also against a white college student in Alabama and a slightly out of control white fan at an Ole Miss game (although even here, some people will still defend the cops actions against the last two).

Quote:
Fascism has a very strong economic and commerce facet which melts right in with Trump's efforts to open protected areas to mining and fracking, impose tariffs to the point of starting a tariff war, and disrupt economic cooperation.
While I oppose him doing this too, in all fairness I can't see that itself as qualifying for actual fascism, even in a vague sense. Fascism and laissez-faire capitalism aren't the same. What you're talking about has more in common with Victorian England and First Guided Age US than 1930s Germany and Italy.

Quote:
For #8, we already have an astronomical incarceration rate and private prisons. Expanding that concept would have many advocates around the country and we already have detentions centers and children held in cages. Internment camps?
Ties into the "law, order, and discipline" part - and as said, not just against minorities. If there are cops who'll go after young white men in Mississippi and Alabama like that, then they'll go after anyone like that if given even a lame excuse to do so. Exception: these days even most "law, order, and discipline" types are gonna say "Hey, ease up on people with small amounts of pot for rec purposes, OK?"

Quote:
Numbers 9 and 10 are Trump's hallmarks.
I saw that in him the moment the first moment he opened his mouth as a candidate (forgot exactly, but either the Rosie remark or the "rapist" or "McCain's not a war hero" remark). BTW, #10 specifically says "dog-eat-dog merciless competition" - practically the definition of Social Darwinism. Speaking of which, this link explains just how sophomoric SD is (pardon self-link, but my own Cliff's Notes version of it is here ( "When a Theory Goes Haywire")

Old 06-28-2018, 11:22 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You think they would take you? Good luck, you have to be skilled and have something to offer to be considered for Canadian citizenship.
I love all of these virtue signalling closet white racists that want to leave the land of diversity for Canada's whitesville.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I love all of these virtue signalling closet white racists that want to leave the land of diversity for Canada's whitesville.
I just looked up Vancouver BC and it's only 52% Caucasian. 29.7% Asian and 11% South Asian. I think the attraction to Canada is to get away from Trump and Trump supporters.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:33 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
Quote:
Because you know exactly what we’re planning? Lol right.

Canada is a last option for us if things don’t start to improve here. Which I already stated but you’d have to actually read all the replies to know that.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I just looked up Vancouver BC and it's only 52% Caucasian. 29.7% Asian and 11% South Asian. I think the attraction to Canada is to get away from Trump and Trump supporters.
And BC is 1% black....which is the point of why they are heading to Canada and away from USA.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
It would depend on your perspective
For many -anyone who attempted to enforce our laws at local or federal level is hitler

Old 06-28-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Because you know exactly what we’re planning? Lol right.

Canada is a last option for us if things don’t start to improve here. Which I already stated but you’d have to actually read all the replies to know that.
Yeah, I know what you've said....I'm talking about what's real.

Anyway, yes the Left are acting in a Fascist manner in the USA and also in Canada.....so you'll be at home if you go there.

Canada is a wonderful country, seriously....when the USA becomes a white minority country, more people will try to run there is my prediction.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know what you've said....I'm talking about what's real.

Anyway, yes the Left are acting in a Fascist manner in the USA and also in Canada.....so you'll be at home if you go there.

Canada is a wonderful country, seriously....when the USA becomes a white minority country, more people will try to run there is my prediction.
Well not Trump supporters. Canada is way too liberal for Trump supporters. They'll need to go to Russia.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well not Trump supporters. Canada is way too liberal for Trump supporters. They'll need to go to Russia.
Yeah, I'm considering it.

I worked in Moscow for about 8 months (no, not for Trump) and it was interesting for sure but really, why would a Trumpster leave when Trump is in the process of making America great again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies