Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You dodged.
You poked and can't take a poke in return.
Quote:
Be an adult and use your brain.
You mean something like, "Shouldn't Democrats insist that Obama's recovery was a failure?"

That was brainy.
Quote:
If democrats believe that growing inequality causes recessions and Obama's recovery factually saw growing inequality in income, wealth, and benefits...then how can Obama's recovery be successful as it is just setting us up for the next collapse.

By running away from the topic of the thread you are tacitly admitting that you can't hold both positions and I am correct.
All you have to do to defend your assertion is to show what Obama policies aggravated income inequality. Sure, it grew. Mostly as a result of Pub policies. After all, the great bulk of domestic policy comes from congress. In Obama's term, that was a Pub congress.

Quote:
P.S. Can you show me some links where "trumplings" say "Obama brought on Dubya's Great Recession?"
If I wanted to go to the trouble of proving the obvious to you, but I don't.

And you've read it on these boards the same as I have over the past few years.

As soon as Obama took office, you boys were chanting. "It's HIS economy now!"

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 07:28 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I think Obama had to do something and some of it was good and some not so much, who can forget "cash for clunkers" or those "shovel ready jobs" ? Sure there was a trickle down affect from those programs but for the money spent I think he could have got more bang for the buck.

I lean to the Right and I wasn't a fan of Obama's but I think he did the best he could. He had some misses but he started us back on the path to a slow recovery and that is hardly a failure.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:31 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think Obama had to do something and some of it was good and some not so much, who can forget "cash for clunkers" or those "shovel ready jobs" ? Sure there was a trickle down affect from those programs but for the money spent I think he could have got more bang for the buck.

I lean to the Right and I wasn't a fan of Obama's but I think he did the best he could. He had some misses but he started us back on the path to a slow recovery and that is hardly a failure.
Liberal economic policies by design do not get the most bang for the buck.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:35 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So if you think Obama did reasonably well with the economic recovery, you must disagree with the leftist argument that growing inequality causes recessions?
I think there are a number of factors that contribute to a recession, but certain growing inequality is one of them (of course growing inequality combined with other factors that might outweigh the effects of inequality may not lead to a recession, and so on..). Recessions are not as simple as 1+1=2... even the mood of the general public can affect the economy.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Yes. And the proof is in the pudding. When Obama took office the economy was in freefall. Eight years later it had recovered nicely. Yet the Trumpies claim that Obama was a failure. This is not only intellectually dishonest it's idiotic.

Last edited by r small; 06-28-2018 at 07:45 AM..

Old 06-28-2018, 07:44 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yes. And the proof is in the pudding. When Obama took office the economy--thanks to Bush--was in freefall. Eight years later it had recovered nicely. Yet the Trumpies claim that Obama was a failure. This is not only intellectually dishonest it's idiotic.
I am not a Trumpie. Obama was a failure at who he promised us he would be. Income inequality grew under Obama. That is not who he was supposed to be.

If you were top 10% you did great under Obama. Of course, that is now who Obama is so.............

Old 06-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am not a Trumpie. Obama was a failure at who he promised us he would be. Income inequality grew under Obama. That is not who he was supposed to be.

If you were top 10% you did great under Obama. Of course, that is now who Obama is so.............
I don't care if Obama said he was the Second Coming. The economy collapsed under Bush II and recovered under Obama. To say that's a failure is idiotic.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:53 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I don't care if Obama said he was the Second Coming. The economy collapsed under Bush II and recovered under Obama. To say that's a failure is idiotic.
No it isn't. It was done completely wrong. It was done to see that Wall Street did well and little else. Obama had all that Goldman Sachs campaign money he had to make good on.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't. It was done completely wrong. It was done to see that Wall Street did well and little else. Obama had all that Goldman Sachs campaign money he had to make good on.
And what would you have done to reverse the worst economic collapse since the great depression? Nationalize the banks?

Old 06-28-2018, 08:31 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
So Obama walks into a red hot recession, handed to him by Bush and Trump supporters want to blame Obama? Trump walks into an unemployment rate of 4% and Trump supporters want to credit Trump? Trump supporters that claim to be pro American called GM Government Motors because Obama helped them! They cheered at the demise of an American car manufacturer!!! I absolutely cannot stand Trump supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies