Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 07:49 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,496,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My remark was about a discussion where I noted that there was many things we could do that would lessen the reasons people choose abortion. Universal Health care, expanded day care. More affordable and better continuing education options. Raising the minimum wage. Fully opening up adoption to gay couples.

Janelle wasn't interested in any of those things which is why I said what I did.

Assuming again. So those who want babies to be born and have a chance at life hate them but those who want them aborted and have no life, love them.

How does that even make sense in the whole world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 08:10 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Assuming again. So those who want babies to be born and have a chance at life hate them but those who want them aborted and have no life, love them.

How does that even make sense in the whole world?
I said, once born you don't care. That is not pro-life.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:25 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,683,735 times
I wonder what the Left would say if Trump offered to pay for the abortion of all unborn illegal aliens? How about Muslims? Blacks?

Last edited by Retroit; 07-01-2018 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-01-2018, 09:49 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
I take it, the sexual revolution didn't turn out as expected.
Now, they are sexualizing the kids by age 3, with pedophilia the new rage.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:06 PM

42,832 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Fewer deaths from legal or illegal? Notice that it does not say. Wonder why.It does say more deaths from legal inductions than illegal inductions though. Maybe you should bold that part.
You mean this part that I did BOLD

24 were related to a legally induced abortion 39 were related to an illegal abortion

39 is more than 24 so I have no clue what you are talking about

Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I take it, the sexual revolution didn't turn out as expected.
Now, they are sexualizing the kids by age 3, with pedophilia the new rage.
Get educated, there is nothing new about pedophilia.

In fact:

Quote:
The people responsible for bringing sexual child abuse to the public's attention were not physicians. Despite the occurrence of sexually transmitted VENEREAL DISEASES amongchildren, both at ORPHANAGES and in families, physicians tended to profess belief in the so-called innocent explanation: that the children had caught the diseases after sharing sheets, sponges, or towels. The physicians were motivated not only by fear of losing customers if they interfered in the domain of the family. The epidemiology of venereal diseases was not completely known. Furthermore, it was not yet possible in their society to speak about children and SEXUALITY within the context of the innocent child. To the nineteenth-century child savers, the subject could not be mentioned without evoking the image of the masturbating boy and the precocious working-class girl.

In this situation, the subject was left to the women's movement, the philanthropic societies, and individual child savers. Due to their work, a new image–that of the sexually innocent child who was easy prey for sexually depraved adult men–was introduced into the culture.
Pedophilia - The Cultural History of Pedophilia, The Serial Pedophile of the 1990s - Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society

Life was much easier for pedophiles in "the good old days".

Old 07-01-2018, 10:25 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder what the Left would say if Trump offered to pay for the abortion of all unborn illegal aliens? How about Muslims? Blacks?
Behind closed doors the Right would be jumping for joy.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:01 PM

29,209 posts, read 22,333,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Directed by Nick Searcy (The Shape of Water), they gave the wrong guy the Oscar.
Nick Searcy acted in the Shape of Water. He's better known as an actor than as a director.
That movie was directed by Guillermo Del Toro, a highly popular director of hit big-budget horror movies.

After looking over the few early reviews, it seems the movie is much more oriented to the cops who busted Gosnell than anything, and there aren't any horrific graphic abortion scenes in the flick.

So whether or not the movie will be a hit, or even make back any money, will really depend on how good the script is, not the subject matter. If the detective story is gripping and suspenseful enough, it could appeal to an older audience, I suppose.

Spotlight, the movie about the newspaper team that uncovered widespread clergy sexual abuse, was a modest hit when released, and won an Academy Award, which helped it during re-release. Spotlight had no scenes of abuse at all in it, and very little that actually showed the priests who were involved. But the script was so good that viewers became engaged in it very early on, and the acting was first-rate.

Gosnell is problematic. It's being released in the summer, the time of year when big blockbuster high-cost escapist releases come out, with superheroes and lost of eye-candy special effects.

Will audiences turn out to watch a small budge crime drama with very little action instead?
Especially one with such a grim title? Dean Cain, the lead actor, is well known, but more as a comedian than a dramatic actor, and he's not an A-list box office draw.

Horror movie fans will be disappointed; there's no gore, apparently in Gosnell, so I'm wondering what core audience the movie has to appeal to. The subject matter sure won't make it a family movie, either.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,929,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My remark was about a discussion where I noted that there was many things we could do that would lessen the reasons people choose abortion. Universal Health care, expanded day care. More affordable and better continuing education options. Raising the minimum wage. Fully opening up adoption to gay couples.

Janelle wasn't interested in any of those things which is why I said what I did.
You believe that govt funded taxpayer paid for programs is the only way to reduce abortion?

Should rich people not have abortions because they can afford children?

Is it then wrong to kill a baby if the parents can afford it?

Does being poor mean you have less of an ability to be a parent?

That women will immediately see the value in life .... if it is paid for by the govt?

Old 07-02-2018, 05:27 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You believe that govt funded taxpayer paid for programs is the only way to reduce abortion?
Why do people do this? (you specifically). I will not reply to people who intentionally twist words to fit their special little boxes.

If you want to address what I said, fine. If not, you're not worth replying to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies