Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being poor is not caused by a lack of respect of life on b the behalf of the poor.

I know plenty about you by what you write. Or you could come clean and simply say you like to troll the forums. I dunno.
So it's about money then. Only rich people can have kids?

No, not a troll. Just pointing out the logical fallacies in your argument.

And no, you don;t know anything about me. You see some comments and make a looooooooooooot of assumptions. Me? I'm flat out ASKING YOU QUESTIONS. So I don't have to make assumptions. So I can try to undertand your point of view, which is still unclear beyond throw more money at the problem and make more laws.

But you don't want to answer questions to explain you position. You instead insult me. /shrug/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 08:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I take it, the sexual revolution didn't turn out as expected.
Now, they are sexualizing the kids by age 3, with pedophilia the new rage.
This thread is not about Catholic priests. Please stay on topic.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
To support getting the word out and telling the world how evil abortion can make people.
And, yet... the vast... VAST majority of doctors who perform them are not evil. They are not crazy. They are law-abiding citizens.

I mean, you could make a movie about how coffee can make people evil. You just need to find someone tied to the coffee industry who is a serial killer and I do not doubt that such a person exists.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
To rile themselves up further. It's a propaganda film.

If it was just a film about a terrible person and not a propaganda film, I would imagine Hollywood would be willing to make it. They like money there.
Ken Burns "The Civil War" was a superb movie (OK maybe not actually a movie). Hollywood wasn't interested. Just saying.

Just saying.......just because Hollywood isn't interested does not dismiss a projects worth.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
But you don't want to answer questions to explain you position. You instead insult me. /shrug/
I explained my position and you insult yourself.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
I do NOT recall anyone killing born babies pre-rvw
Of course people were killing newborns pre RvW.

The ancient Greeks called it "wasting" I believe.

They did it to girl babies pretty often because they cost more to raise and to get married off. They wanted boys.

People have been killing newborns since the beginning of time, I would imagine.

I do not agree with killing newborns. They have rights as individuals.

But, there are some objectively bad people in the world.

Killing newborns, however, has nothing to do with Roe v Wade or abortion and everything to do with being a criminal.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cu...e-750-theaters

"After facing challenges in the media, the legal system, and Hollywood, a movie revealing the story of “America’s biggest serial killer” is set to hit theaters."

Good, they are getting the story out about Gosnell.
Janelle, if the Supreme Court reverses Roe v Wade someday, don't you think abortion horror stories will grow in number? We'll have back-alley abortions, abortions by shady non-medical people, etc., because there will still be a very big market for the service.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I explained my position and you insult yourself.
You r position remains: If there were universal health care, continuing education and higher minimum wage there would be no abortion?

Do I have that correct?

Throw money at the problem and it will disappear?

Wow, just keep throwing insults. Maybe if I throw some money at you or offer you a minimum wage job it'll solve the problem. Good gawd.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Janelle, if the Supreme Court reverses Roe v Wade someday, don't you think abortion horror stories will grow in number? We'll have back-alley abortions, abortions by shady non-medical people, etc., because there will still be a very big market for the service.
In 1972, abortion was illegal in 80% of the US.

That year, there were 24 deaths from legal abortions (20% of the US) and 39 deaths from illegal abortions (80% of the US).

Back alley abortion deaths is a myth once the use of antibiotics became mainstream.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Of course people were killing newborns pre RvW.

The ancient Greeks called it "wasting" I believe.

They did it to girl babies pretty often because they cost more to raise and to get married off. They wanted boys.

People have been killing newborns since the beginning of time, I would imagine.

I do not agree with killing newborns. They have rights as individuals.

But, there are some objectively bad people in the world.

Killing newborns, however, has nothing to do with Roe v Wade or abortion and everything to do with being a criminal.
I never blamed Gosnell on RvW. Others said that RvW would stop the Gosnells, but it did not and yes, just like we still have today, some will kill their baby but I do not recall a mass murderer like Gosnell pre RvW and ancient Greece is irrelevant to my point.

We had the Inca's and while we are never going to completely ban abortions, further restrictions are not going to lead us to being like the Inca's either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies