Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 08:08 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

These threads almost always become finger pointing exercises. Who's to blame, the left or right? Fake news. Constitutional rights.

I guess I'm old school, because at the end of the day, the fault lies on the one whose finger pulled the trigger.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Seacove, you're up. apology forthcoming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They should. They voted for Trump. Trump 100% controls the country, Republicans in Congress are terrified of him so they will do anything he says and he now has dictatorial powers that will allow him to choose the Supreme Court in addition to controlling the Executive, the Senate and the House. That is complete and utter control of all aspects of American government. In addition, Trump and his supporters have been attacking all media that isn't Fox News, while Trump not only gets all his information from Fox, but also hires his staff from Fox. It doesn't get more polluted that this and Trump supporters have made it happen. Trump supporters own every bit of this and if a Trump supporter shot and killed news staff, they absolutely own the result.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:14 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Carl Hiaasen's brother was one of the victims.

https://www.facebook.com/CarlHiaasen...type=3&theater

Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 PM

599 posts, read 276,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
No, that's why they let Virginia have the DC sniper to try down there. He's dead now.
Not true.

Maryland's Governor Martin Owe'Malley signed the bill abolishing the death penalty on May 2, 2013:

"On December 31, 2014, Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley announced he will commute the sentences of the four men remaining on the state's death row to life without parole. O'Malley signed Maryland's death penalty repeal bill into law in 2013, but the repeal was not retroactive." (Wikipedia)

The two shooters began their trials in 2005 in multiple jurisdictions.

Muhammad was executed by lethal injection at the Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt, Virginia on November 10, 2009.

Malvo was just awarded a re-sentencing hearing:

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/62251...ncing-hearings

Old 06-28-2018, 08:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Seacove, you're up. apology forthcoming?
Sounds like my entire quote was not read. I said if a Trump supporter did this. And I also was one of the first to identify the details of the real shooter, the court case associated with it, etc. Try reading the whole thread. Will Sean Hannity apologize to Maxine Waters and Obama?

This is what I said:

Quote:
Please. I will be the first to say I think Trump's rhetoric against the media is dangerous. But this appears to be about a guy that became obsessed with a woman on Facebook, proceeded to harass her, the woman took him to court, the newspaper reported it based on publicly available information and the guy tried to take the newspaper to court for reporting it, saying it defamed him. The court ruled that the information was publicly available and he couldn't seem to name anything that was false, so therefore, it was not defamation. He appears to have tried to appeal it and lost that too.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:21 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,151 times
Quote:
Sounds like my entire quote was not read. I said if a Trump supporter did this. And I also was one of the first to identify the details of the real shooter, the court case associated with it, etc. Try reading the whole thread. Will Sean Hannity apologize to Maxine Waters and Obama?

This is what I said:
You’ve been foaming at the mouth all afternoon in hopes it had something to do with President Trump.
Maxine Waters is a psycho witch. No apology needed.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It appears the paper defamed him and this was about revenge, not politics. Hopefully, Trump will be able to ease media shield laws that could have allowed the man to move forward with his claim and prevented the tragedy
The paper did not defame him. Try reading the actual court case, the link is posted several times in this thread. The paper used publicly available sources and the man did not claim any of the information was false. Since nothing was claimed to be false, the judge ruled no defamation. The man appealed and lost again. And the man clearly has issues. If Trump supporters are saying Trump and this man are on the same side, they might want to rethink that.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
You’ve been foaming at the mouth all afternoon in hopes it had something to do with President Trump.
Maxine Waters is a psycho witch. No apology needed.
How is Maxine Waters and Obama responsible for this shooting? Sean Hannity needs to explain that.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The ramblings of some of you leftwingnuts come across more as dystopian fantasies where you play the part of heroic resistance fighters than actual concern or critical thinking.

It's like you WANT to be faced with a real life dictator situation so you can finally have some meaning in your lives and justify your #resist sentiments. Functioning albeit racusous democracy is just so ho-hum, innit?

Trump isn't a dictator. He has used executive action sparingly, and always in a way that actually removes government from the equation, not increase it. Everyone is also free to make fun of, criticize, and say whatever they want about Trump. The first amendment is alive and well and people don't need to be told by Trump to distrust the news and media. THAT'S a trend that well pre-dates Trump. The media just is cluing in to the fact a little too late and realizing that they are so distrusted that when it came time to actually be critical of someone like Trump, they had lost all credibility and are powerless. The media is less effective and influential now than citizen content-creators. And it's the media's fault alone. Not Trump.

Call me when people start getting arrested by Trump stormtroopers for speaking out against him. Until then, keep your totalitarian wet dreams to yourself.
The whole point of resisting and speaking out is to NOT get to the point where Stormtroopers come for us....... You don't wait till they come get you. History teaches us that 100 times over.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The whole point of resisting and speaking out is to NOT get to the point where Stormtroopers come for us....... You don't wait till they come get you. History teaches us that 100 times over.
We have Stormtroopers?

I didn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies