Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 05:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Okay, first of all, that is a complete and total break of his campaign promises. I know Trump LIES LIES LIES but this is huge.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nees-if-theyll

This was Trump's big promise to evangelicals. Evangelicals have been turning themselves into knots defending Trump because he said he would end abortion.

I know ending abortion would be a disaster for the Republican party so honestly, I want to see Trump do it. Maybe Republicans realized this wasn't what they really wanted, all those poverty moms forced to give birth and live off of state welfare.

What do evangelicals say now? If Republicans don't deliver on abortion after they have control of every aspect of American government, how do they use abortion as cudgel in the future?

Old 06-29-2018, 05:44 PM

956 posts, read 1,208,150 times
He will change his tune by tomorrow. I said that? No I didn't say that.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:44 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Not sure why you had to lie in the thread title? Do you think lying makes you more credible?

Here's what was actually said:

"He probably won't ask a prospective Supreme Court justice's stance on overturning Roe v. Wade when he decides who to nominate to the federal bench."

That's far different than the lie you started with, claiming Trump won't choose a SCOTUS who would overturn R v W. That could obviously still happen (I hope it doesn't) & he could well know their stance prior to nominating them without having to ask.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:46 PM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Trump said in that interview that he's choosing a Conservative.
So there is every chance Roe V. Wade will be overturned.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Never fear. The Evangelicals have already vetted his short list when Trump made his first Supreme Court appointment. They know what he's saying now is just lip service to tone down the blow-back in the media. He doesn't have to ask them if they are Pro-Life because everyone at the White House already knows they are.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Not sure why you had to lie in the thread title? Do you think lying makes you more credible?

"He probably won't ask a prospective Supreme Court justice's stance on overturning Roe v. Wade when he decides who to nominate to the federal bench."

That's far different than the lie you started with, claiming Trump won't choose a SCOTUS who would overturn R v W. That could obviously still happen (I hope it doesn't) & he could well know their stance prior to nominating them without having to ask.
He is saying he won't choose based on that promise which is very different that what Trump said in every interview and every rally. Want to hear what Trump supporters said last night? These guys are living for the overturn of Roe V. Wade and are still furious about gay marriage, calling it "God-mocking". And these evangelicals are Trump's most vocal base.

Vindicated: This is Exactly Why Christians Overwhelmingly Supported Trump

"And with the announcement of Anthony Kennedy’s departure, that feeling of vindication may soon transition into one of triumph. Neil Gorsuch replacing Scalia was a move that merely maintained the judicial status quo – no doubt a culture-saving move, but not one that advanced the ball down the field on critical cultural and constitutional issues.

With Justice Kennedy, it’s different. Kennedy was the author of the God-mocking Obergefell decision. He was the justice who preserved the practice of child sacrifice by authoring the intellectually stunted, relativistic tripe in the infamous Planned Parenthood v Casey decision. His seat could tip a 4-4-1 divided Court into a 5-4 majority for Constitutional originalists."

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgen...UuLGpCzRsJvjQ/

Old 06-29-2018, 05:52 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Okay, first of all, that is a complete and total break of his campaign promises. I know Trump LIES LIES LIES but this is huge.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nees-if-theyll

This was Trump's big promise to evangelicals. Evangelicals have been turning themselves into knots defending Trump because he said he would end abortion.

I know ending abortion would be a disaster for the Republican party so honestly, I want to see Trump do it. Maybe Republicans realized this wasn't what they really wanted, all those poverty moms forced to give birth and live off of state welfare.

What do evangelicals say now? If Republicans don't deliver on abortion after they have control of every aspect of American government, how do they use abortion as cudgel in the future?
You seem to be very confused starting with the title of your thread. Evangelicals don't run the country. They have less and less influence every year. They don't make up the majority of Christians in this country, not even close. They currently don't have a single member on the Supreme Court. I don't know what Trump promised them and I don't care. Evangelicals can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
You'll see soon enough who Trump chooses.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Never fear. The Evangelicals have already vetted his short list when Trump made his first Supreme Court appointment. They know what he's saying now is just lip service to tone down the blow-back in the media. He doesn't have to ask them if they are Pro-Life because everyone at the White House already knows they are.
That is entirely possible and he could be saying this to give himself cover, as in "Well that was up to the judges, remember, I said I wouldn't ask" even though he promised evangelicals and chose from their approved list.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:56 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Trump said in that interview that he's choosing a Conservative.
So there is every chance Roe V. Wade will be overturned.
News flash for the closed minded liberals. The vast majority of conservatives and Republicans don't want Roe V. Wade overturned nor do they want gay marriage overturned. The vast majority of Conservatives are not Evangelicals. Wake up.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post

Yes, they lie about what Trump says and it counts as a Trump lie. I see how this works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies