Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,648,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The concern is that the anti-abortion lobby wants to ban abortion nationwide, using the power and gravitas of the federal government. “States’ Rights” is a fine thing, in matters where the desire is for one’s state to do a certain thing, that the feds prohibit. But “States’ Rights” is discarded, when some state out there, does a thing that’s offensive to the sensibilities of advocates in another state.
And that will be when real trouble starts. Right now, even the fake religious guys like Falwell are saying "no worries, it will just go to the states". And that's fine, I really do think we should lay this at the feet of Trump supporters. Let them turn those red states into full on theocracies. But as soon as they start trying to control blue states with their religion of convenience? Huge trouble.

Falwell Downplays Possible Roe Repeal: ‘All That Does’ Is Let States Decide
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/e...eversal-scotus

Old 06-30-2018, 01:30 PM

77,959 posts, read 60,134,595 times
My late wife was a registered solid democrat. She got solicitations for donations or "abortion would end" from the DNC, Ted Kennedy etc. Also, since living in KS we got mailings from the republicans about how sending them lots of $$$ would help to stop abortion by getting Roberts on the court.

Suckers.

My suggestion is that if you're that set on wasting money, find a good charity that actually helps the poor. Womens shelters, soup kitchens, whatever floats your boat.

The snake oil posters and politicians are only trying to liberate your cash from you.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,613,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Clueless. I want abortion to go to the states because I do not want the federal da guberment ruling on these issues. I am personally pro choice. Do you have any idea of the simple principle of state government over a federal tyranny of the majority?
Clueless. Why should any government entity have a say over one's body?

Old 06-30-2018, 01:59 PM

20,680 posts, read 8,441,826 times
I don't give a flying fig about abortion. BUILD THE DAMNED WALL!

Old 06-30-2018, 02:34 PM

32,983 posts, read 12,266,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump doesnt care about abortion. He's rich. Rich people who actually decide policy dont care about these things. They can get their abortions any time they want anyway. Its just meant to rile up the base.

Its the same with minimum wage. Wall Street democrats do not want the minimum wage to be indexed to economic growth. They want it to erode over time so they can rile people up to get people to the polls when it gets sufficiently low.
I rarely agree with you, but I agree with the above ^^^^^.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This is exactly why the left is losing. Its rhetoric like this. Do you think the Catholic Church full of right wing "Evangelicals". They are often left on many issues. They think "fornication" is a sin because its in their scriptures. They think the fetus is life and they want to follow the commandment "thou shall not kill" . That's about it.

Another reason why you are losing is because you think Trump , a Manhattan, playboy billionaire who organized miss Universe pageants, and had multiple wives is mainly a right wing evangelist movement. Its delusional.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:41 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Think about this. Republicans have been using abortion as a rallying cry for decades. They fundraise off it, they legislate off it, it is their goofsraba.

If abortion goes back to the states, eight states have already made it legal outside of Roe V. Wade. To find out where a specific state stands, a chart is available at the bottom of this link.

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...cy-absence-roe

Now think about this further. Trump supporters get what they want, abortion illegal in red states and their dreams of a theocracy. Trump promised them abortion would go back to the states and they said the Supreme Court was their biggest driver. Let them have abortion.

After abortion is illegal in red states, and maybe they add some restrictions to businesses serving gays, the red states will set themselves up to being very unappealing to larger companies such as tech. Red states bleed from the eyes at the thought of a tech company moving there but their own draconian policies will keep them away.

Further, won't it be such a pleasure at not hearing about abortion from these people?

Won't it be a delight to see Republicans lose the abortion fundraiser motivation?

That alone is beautiful. Who are they going to scaremonger if they themselves control abortion in their states?

Let Republicans have abortion. I promise, it will hurt them more than help them.

As it is, Republicans control all aspects of American government. There is no one they can blame for anything.

Taking their big abortion motivator is like draining their gas tank.
What's with the Dems need for segregation on all fronts now? If you want it so bad, why not just be honest and run on it? No need to sneak it in. Just pick which states you think are good and red and throw all the people in there you don't like. Does that work for ya?

Be careful, as some states go back and forth from Blue to Red. Make sure you pick the REDIST states you can find. It should be easy, big crosses, no gays, you know, like you've stated, really RED! lmao

Old 06-30-2018, 02:42 PM

1,768 posts, read 708,740 times
Personally I don't think Trump really cares about abortion, and the fact that there are atleast two republican senators who are pro-choice gives him and easy "out" on the issue to appease both sides. I would be VERY surprised if his nominee was a strong pro-life person.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It's going to be such a disgusting mess. The far-right pretends to be "pro-life," but they really are just "pro-fetus." After you're born, they couldn't care less about you, particularly if you are poor, a minority, or even just working class. They'll toss you a gun and say "figure it out!" and then act shocked when violence and poverty overruns everything.

At this point, I'd happily cede the right-wing thugs the deep south after allowing plenty of time and funding for people to move to the nation of their choice. They can have their disgusting, gun-riddled, ignorance-driven theocracy, and we can have a sane nation where everyone has human rights and no clowns are mouthing off about the dangers of "Shariah law" while trying to put "bible law" into place. Their theocracy will be broke within a decade, and we'll have to build a wall (ironically!) to keep the red-neck plague out of the actual United States, but that may be the best solution to prevent them from ruining everything.
Just playing devil's advocate here......Why would the area where you are be entitled to the 'United States' moniker and all that implies rather than the other area you despise being entitled to it ?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:48 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And that will be when real trouble starts. Right now, even the fake religious guys like Falwell are saying "no worries, it will just go to the states". And that's fine, I really do think we should lay this at the feet of Trump supporters. Let them turn those red states into full on theocracies. But as soon as they start trying to control blue states with their religion of convenience? Huge trouble.

Falwell Downplays Possible Roe Repeal: ‘All That Does’ Is Let States Decide
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/e...eversal-scotus
You do realize since the Dems have embraced the Mulsim vote they will have their own religious group who disagree on abortion, right?

Islamic teachings on abortion
Ultrasound picture of a female foetus aged 16 weeks Islam rarely permits abortion after 120 days. This foetus is about 112 days old ©
Muslims regard abortion as wrong and haram (forbidden), but many accept that it may be permitted in certain cases.

All schools of Muslim law accept that abortion is permitted if continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in real danger. This is the only reason accepted for abortion after 120 days of the pregnancy.
BBC - Religions - Islam: Abortion

Will you be throwing Muslims who disagree into the RED states as well? Or do they get a pass on their religious views because they hate Trump? Just wondering.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies