Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,077,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Exactly, all of this.

I hit on it a few pages ago and was quickly dismissed as fake news.
It's propaganda.
Like I know there's idiots on our groups, but you don't see me becoming a Giants fan because there's a handful if idiot Dodgers fans.

You don't suddenly drop your ideology and switch sides. I'd believe it if it was a revamp of the dems, but these just seem strategic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 10:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Exactly, all of this.

I hit on it a few pages ago and was quickly dismissed as fake news.
I am particularly impressed with the detail included in the second link.

Regardless of one's political persuasion, it is critically important that more people do this sort of analysis before believing that some of these astro-turf movements are real.
It is so easy to get caught up with these so-called movements when they confirm inherent biases, even when they make no logical sense.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:17 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,691,682 times
I could tell my own #WalkAway story, but from the GOP and no now.

I do find it highly amusing that the loyalist Left wants to paint the entire #WalkAway movement as some giant fraud. It isn't. These are real people waking up to realize that the Democratic Party doesn't stand for the same things they stand for. Not anymore. They come to realize that the Right -- while still very flawed in its own right -- isn't the boogieman they were told it was. Many of them will stay independent, but many are joining the GOP. This is changing the GOP because these people often have very different values.

Main thing to realize is this is very healthy. The big two parties tend to meander into Stupidville from time to time. This is a natural correction for that.

The DNC seems to want to push hard Left, encourage violence, advocate for Neo-Marxism and has an Inquisition running around punishing the impure for their evil heresy. Recent example = James Gunn. "Liberal" by dictionary definition means embracing more freedom for all people and that's no longer what the Left stands for. The Democratic Party has largely abandoned that in favor of Progressivism and Social Justice -- which are really just moving the DNC towards Neo-Marxism.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:28 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,433,371 times
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/08/...icker-hyannis/

Plus this. Who wants to be part of this group?

Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM

291 posts, read 158,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

The DNC seems to want to push hard Left, encourage violence, advocate for Neo-Marxism and has an Inquisition running around punishing the impure for their evil heresy. Recent example = James Gunn. "Liberal" by dictionary definition means embracing more freedom for all people and that's no longer what the Left stands for. The Democratic Party has largely abandoned that in favor of Progressivism and Social Justice -- which are really just moving the DNC towards Neo-Marxism.
This is where I land. I still hold many liberal values, but they no longer align with the SJW portion of the democratic party. That fringe has always been there, but they have largely overtaken the party.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:35 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,816,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you really believe everything you see on video?

Did you really think Superman could fly, also?

Do you really think the Russians are going to use people with Russian accents in their videos?
Ok, I do believe that there are many black voters who are switching sides.

That said, this woman may be totally legit, but she starts out with a southern accent saying her i's like a southern then her accent changes.

Not saying she is Russian, just that I hear more than one accent here. She does sound southern though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FQAi3Dqtg

I would think a Russian would be trained to speak "American", not a specific region, which would sound generic. This is definitely specific in that she sounds southern at first then something else.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:08 PM

20,650 posts, read 8,405,516 times
Just watched the founder of WalkAway, Brandon Straka, on Judge Jeanine's show tonight. He said this movement is growing by leaps and bounds. He just got back from Europe where I could easily see many Brexit and populist nationalists in the EU joining together to walk away from the globalist masters.

A Loony Leftist sales assistant in a Manhattan camera store refused to let him buy a camera because he feared Straka 'would use it for alt-right purposes.'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...d-service-ado/

Old 08-04-2018, 08:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,327,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Just watched the founder of WalkAway, Brandon Straka, on Judge Jeanine's show tonight. He said this movement is growing by leaps and bounds. He just got back from Europe where I could easily see many Brexit and populist nationalists in the EU joining together to walk away from the globalist masters.

A Loony Leftist sales assistant in a Manhattan camera store refused to let him buy a camera because he feared Straka 'would use it for alt-right purposes.'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...d-service-ado/
Yeah I heard about the nutty leftist that refused to allow him to purchase a camera .

I would of fired the idiot sales assistant if I owned the shop. That’s no way to run a business .

Old 08-04-2018, 09:55 PM

20,650 posts, read 8,405,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've been skeptical of her ever since she claimed to be a Conservative. She was, not that long ago, trying to set up a database online to doxx every Conservative
I am still skeptical of her, no matter how many things she says that Republicans agree with. I've never seen anyone flip so fast to the complete opposite side of the spectrum like she did.

I suspect when she was doing her research on Conservatives she discovered everything she'd been told by the Left about Conservatives was a lie. It only takes a short time to wake up. Most of Trump's voters 'flipped' on Dems and RINOs just as fast when we learned we'd been manipulated.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:02 PM

10,348 posts, read 3,930,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
This is where I land. I still hold many liberal values, but they no longer align with the SJW portion of the democratic party. That fringe has always been there, but they have largely overtaken the party.
Same here. I am a moderate classic democrat, similar to JFK who fought for freedoms and rights for everyone. But today, all I see from these leftist democrats is they are anti-American and are always pushing for more bans, laws and infringements on our constitutional rights and liberties. I'm just tired of them creating laws, regulations and all of the other BS just so they can find another way to tax and fine people. If I have to take a class to register to buy a gun, then I shouldn't have to pay for it at all, since the right to own a gun is protected under the second amendment. Just like children are not being charged to go to public school, or adults being charged to got to Adult Education Centers for their GED, or that people are not charged for requesting and applying to a library, then the citizens shouldn't be charged anything to achieve the rights to own and arms except for the cost of the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies