Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 12:15 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did you read the article?
Which one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Sears was not the only one selling medical exemptions.

Anti-vaxxers have found a way around California's strict new immunization law. They need to be stopped

"re there some physicians who are, for either ideological or financial reasons, helping parents avoid vaccinating their healthy kids? It certainly seems possible, based on the examples of a few doctor's offices that advertise medical exemption evaluations for a fee, listing the conditions that they consider a valid reason for providing one. The conditions, though, go well beyond the ones listed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which are limited mostly to allergic reactions to prior inoculations and severe immunodeficiency. Instead, these doctors offer to write exemptions for children with such ailments as eczema, diabetes and asthma."

Who should not get vaccines, by the specific vaccine, from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/should-not-vacc.html

Old 07-05-2018, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Or if a patient tells their doctor that they had a bad reaction to penicillin or a medication for depression or heartburn medicine, etc. the doctor does not demand proof, they take the patient’s word for it. Only with vaccines do we have this type of insanity where the doctor must get some sort of documented proof if there is even documentation so that a judge doesn’t court order an injenction that may cause said person harm. It’s truly insane.
If the patient tells the doctor they had a "bad reaction" to a drug, the doctor usually asks what happened. Rashes are not considered contraindications for some antibiotics, for ex.

No judge is going to order an injenction (sic) that may cause harm.

Quote:
Regarding your comment, Suzy that “no one is forced to vaccinate”. In this case the judge could have forced the child to be vaccinated. Not everyone can homeschool either.
Did this case go before a judge? Please document.

True medical exemptions are allowed. If the parent simply wants to forgo vaccines, s/he will have to figure it out. I have not a lot of sympathy for parents who think they know more than the preponderance of health sources in the world.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Which one?
The one that’s linked in the op. The article that this thread is based upon.

“Sears said the child’s mother was afraid that the judge at an upcoming court hearing was going to force her to resume vaccinating her son...”

It happens in custody cases from time to time.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
If the patient tells the doctor they had a "bad reaction" to a drug, the doctor usually asks what happened.
Which he did.

Quote:
No judge is going to order an injenction (sic) that may cause harm.
Judges have mandated vaccines, which are injections, in custody cases and considering a vaccine is a drug, it very well may cause harm since sometimes people do have adverse reactions to vaccines, just like any other drug.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The one that’s linked in the op. The article that this thread is based upon.

“Sears said the child’s mother was afraid that the judge at an upcoming court hearing was going to force her to resume vaccinating her son...”

It happens in custody cases from time to time.
Custody cases have nothing to do with school mandates.

The judge would have to decide whether one parent could have a child vaccinated if the other did not want to do it. The judge would not "force" her to vaccinate, but he could allow the child's father to do it.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Which he did.

Judges have mandated vaccines, which are injections, in custody cases and considering a vaccine is a drug, it very well may cause harm since sometimes people do have adverse reactions to vaccines, just like any other drug.
We're talking about this case, not some hypothetical case. Parents who don't vaccinate seem to express a big concern about injections.

The information we have (which suzy_q documented) is that "(t)he mother said her child "''shut down stools and urine' for 24 hours after his two months vaccines" and Sears translated that to “kidneys and intestines shut down”. " We have no evidence that Sears asked the mother what she meant by that. As I have noted, parents can be somewhat imprecise in their reporting. As I said previously, that is a very strange "vaccine reaction". I will add that it is usually of no significance if a two month old does not have a bowel movement for 24 hours.

Then the mother said: "after the next shots the child "went 'limp like a rag doll”. Sears translated that to a diagnosis of “severe encephalitis”. Now that obviously called for more information gathering before diagnosing it as "severe encephalitis".

Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Custody cases have nothing to do with school mandates.

The judge would have to decide whether one parent could have a child vaccinated if the other did not want to do it. The judge would not "force" her to vaccinate, but he could allow the child's father to do it.

This thread has nothing to do with school mandates. I’m sticking with the information contained in the op as this is the situation we are discussing.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
We're talking about this case, not some hypothetical case. Parents who don't vaccinate seem to express a big concern about injections.

The information we have (which suzy_q documented) is that "(t)he mother said her child "''shut down stools and urine' for 24 hours after his two months vaccines" and Sears translated that to “kidneys and intestines shut down”. " We have no evidence that Sears asked the mother what she meant by that. As I have noted, parents can be somewhat imprecise in their reporting. As I said previously, that is a very strange "vaccine reaction". I will add that it is usually of no significance if a two month old does not have a bowel movement for 24 hours.

Then the mother said: "after the next shots the child "went 'limp like a rag doll”. Sears translated that to a diagnosis of “severe encephalitis”. Now that obviously called for more information gathering before diagnosing it as "severe encephalitis".

I am talking about this case. I’m guessing it’s related to custody but really have no idea. The mother was concerned that a judge was going to force her to continue vaccinating her son. That’s the info we have. You claimed that “no judge is going to order an injection...”. Based on the info at hand, that’s not factual.

Not urinating for 24 hours indicates something is seriously wrong. This is a two month old. We don’t know every single thing that was discussed between the doctor and the patient. Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else’s how much they discussed.

By the way, my babies pooped quite a few times in the span of 24 hours so I would definitely find it strange if they suddenly stopped.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missterri View Post
this thread has nothing to do with school mandates. I’m sticking with the information contained in the op as this is the situation we are discussing.
1. From the link in the OP: "Dr. Bob Sears had been accused of failing to obtain a detailed medical history before writing a 2014 letter excusing a toddler from immunizations."

Now who was he writing this letter to? If the child was not in daycare/preschool, the decision not to vaccinate would be between the doctor and the parent. The LA Times calls it an exemption.
California doctor critical of vaccines is punished for exempting 2-year-old boy from all childhood immunizations
So yes, this thread does have to do with school mandates.

2. You just posted about judges mandating vaccine "injections" 35 minutes ago, which had nothing to do with this issue because this has nothing to do with any court case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies