Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 01:21 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
1. From the link in the OP: "Dr. Bob Sears had been accused of failing to obtain a detailed medical history before writing a 2014 letter excusing a toddler from immunizations."

Now who was he writing this letter to?
The judge, for an upcoming court date per the article in the op.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 01:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The judge, for an upcoming court date per the article in the op.
OK, I see that. My mistake, something you never see pro-disease people posting.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:23 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
I am talking about this case. I’m guessing it’s related to custody but really have no idea. The mother was concerned that a judge was going to force her to continue vaccinating her son. That’s the info we have. You claimed that “no judge is going to order an injection...”. Based on the info at hand, that’s not factual.

Not urinating for 24 hours indicates something is seriously wrong. This is a two month old. We don’t know every single thing that was discussed between the doctor and the patient. Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else’s how much they discussed.

By the way, my babies pooped quite a few times in the span of 24 hours so I would definitely find it strange if they suddenly stopped.
The thread is about Dr. Robert Sears, who issued a medical exemption certificate to a child without documenting that he had confirmed that the child ever had an adverse reaction to a vaccine.

The mother's concern about a judge is irrelevant. The child still needs a valid medical reason to be exempt from vaccines - not just one vaccine, but all vaccines forever.

If Sears had confirmed and documented a valid reason for the exemption he issued, there would have been no quarrel with what he did. He didn't, and the mother's lay description of what happened is not sufficient documentation. If her baby quit peeing and pooping and became "limp as a ragdoll" after his vaccines, did she take him to a doctor? Why didn't that doctor issue an exemption? Why did she end up in Sears' office? It could not possibly be that he advertised that you could pretty much get an exemption for the price of an office visit - in cash, by the way - could it?

Old 07-05-2018, 01:25 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
No, no one cares about your "experience". That you do not get sick when you are exposed to a vaccine preventable disease means nothing. Not everyone catches flu when exposed to it. The question is why do you care about other people who do vaccinate and want to discourage them from doing so. As Dr. Sears infamously advised his patients' parents, if you are going to hide in the herd and leech off the protection provided by your neighbors, do not tell them you do not vaccinate, because if they follow your lead, there will be no herd for you to hide in.

One, I am giving my experience in working in PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Religious Exemptions. That is irrelevant? LEGAL Religious Exemptions. You live Georiga. I lived in Florida. I am giving you what the law in Florida is, as much as you would like California law to be the law in the entire US. YOU have no experience working in public schools and what parents will do.

I believe in CHOICE. Give your kids 1,000 vaccines if you wish, BUT allow the choice of others to not be mandated to have even ONE.

Me? Hiding in the "Vaccinated Herd"? ROFL I am not 30 years old. My generation, and YOUR's, had all those diseases and now have unvaccinated, lifetime immunity. The "herd" is not protecting me, or my generation, from catching Measles etc, AGAIN. I am sure you have gone out and gotten every vaccine for every childhood disease you had. Feed the "Masters".

Old 07-05-2018, 01:31 PM

I would add, if this child really had "severe encephalitis" there would be a hospital record, as he would have been hospitalized.

How much your kids pooped, MissTerri, (I missed that post while typing out my own), is totally irrelevant.

"Shut down urine" can mean a lot of things, which is the point I'm trying to make. I've taken calls similar to this. You usually find out that the mom means something different from not urinating at all for 24 hours. Of course, if she had called our office and said that and we verified it, we would have seen the child immediately. And as suzy asked, why didn't she get the doctor who evaluated the child for that to write the exemption?

Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I would add, if this child really had "severe encephalitis" there would be a hospital record, as he would have been hospitalized.

How much your kids pooped, MissTerri, (I missed that post while typing out my own), is totally irrelevant.

"Shut down urine" can mean a lot of things, which is the point I'm trying to make. I've taken calls similar to this. You usually find out that the mom means something different from not urinating at all for 24 hours. Of course, if she had called our office and said that and we verified it, we would have seen the child immediately. And as suzy asked, why didn't she get the doctor who evaluated the child for that to write the exemption?
I agree that my experience as a parent in comparison to this situation with this individual child is just as irrelevant as your experience as a nurse is in knowing what the doctor and his patient discussed and how he came to the conclusion he did.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The thread is about Dr. Robert Sears, who issued a medical exemption certificate to a child without documenting that he had confirmed that the child ever had an adverse reaction to a vaccine.

The mother's concern about a judge is irrelevant. The child still needs a valid medical reason to be exempt from vaccines - not just one vaccine, but all vaccines forever.

If Sears had confirmed and documented a valid reason for the exemption he issued, there would have been no quarrel with what he did. He didn't, and the mother's lay description of what happened is not sufficient documentation. If her baby quit peeing and pooping and became "limp as a ragdoll" after his vaccines, did she take him to a doctor? Why didn't that doctor issue an exemption? Why did she end up in Sears' office? It could not possibly be that he advertised that you could pretty much get an exemption for the price of an office visit - in cash, by the way - could it?
I'm guessing she did, but since vaccines don't ever cause problems, the doctor told her that vaccines are safe, her child is fine -- because no one ever has any reaction to vaccines, it never happens -- and just sent her home. No medical care necessary. *snark*

Love all these backseat doctors, pretending that they know exactly what was wrong with the child and what the mom and the doctors did/didn't do.

Can you let me know what the lotto numbers are for this Saturday? thanks.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I agree that my experience as a parent in comparison to this situation with this individual child is just as irrelevant as your experience as a nurse is in knowing what the doctor and his patient discussed and how he came to the conclusion he did.
Cute!

Actually, my years of pediatric nursing do leave me clueless as to how Sears could have come to the conclusion he did. It's all very non-standard stuff. I never heard of an "immunization reaction" that consisted of lack of urination and bowel movements, or as Sears called it "kidney and intestines shut down"; and as Sears did not examine this child for either one of these alleged "reactions", I don't know how he came up with this or the "severe encephalitis" which would have resulted in hosptalization. As this Dr. Snyder in Skeptical Raptor says, the first is rather unprofessional wording on Sears' part.

And Sears is almost certainly lying about it taking a year to get this child's medical records, which BTW does imply the child was treated somewhere for these conditions which then begs the question of why the mom didn't get the exemption from the doctor that gave the shots!

By 2014 most offices had adopted EHRs, but maybe Sears is behind the times with his technology. Wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-05-2018 at 03:52 PM..

Old 07-05-2018, 05:22 PM

So now this is getting very personal with me. My 2 year old Grandson has been diagnosed with epilespy. His doctor wants to genetically test both his parents. Clutching at straws. My daughter is giving me the third degree. Does anyone have this on your side of the family? As the oldest (almost 70) on both sides of my family of only 4 cousins, I can say no, flat out. She asked me if she or her sister had any reaction to their MMR vaccination. No, but quite frankly, I cannot remember if either of you had the full series of these shots being given today. Certainly, you and your sister in your 30's were not given the number of vaccinations given today. Besides which, you have no BROTHERS.

In my "unprofessional" experience of working with special needs kids, MALES are far more affected than females. Discount that Suzy? Quote me statistics to say it is not so. Also, given his lack of language, hitting, biting, no compassion for others, in my again unprofessional experience from working with these kids only a year or two older than he, is that he is probably on the autism spectrum as well.

Both my daughter, and SIL Science Teacher, are blaming all of this on his vaccinations (MMR). Poor, poor, little boy. I have seen far too many of these little boys in my working experience, but that does not matter. Only medical professionals experiences matter.

To quote my very "pro medicine" husband to my daughter and SIL, "Be very careful what you give to your SONS."

Edit: I have never told my daughter to not vaccinate her children. That is HER choice for her own children. She has for her sons, but does not for herself, nor demand others around her and her's be vaccinated. She is now questioning her previous views, Suzy and Katarina, and it has nothing to do with MY views. I will only give her my views if she asks, which she is only now doing.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-05-2018 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-05-2018, 05:44 PM

Katarina, you have to PAY to have your medical records transferred from one doctor to an other when you leave their practice. My husband had to pay $200 to have his records of his Cardiologist in Florida sent to his new one in PA. This was only a year ago.

Doesn't happen with children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies