Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:21 PM

46,865 posts, read 25,830,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Joergensen has been living in the Fort Garland, Colorado area for at least four years. He's your run-of-the-mill wannabe anarchist with a seriously anti-Semitic and racist streak.
Well, he'll fit in great with the current Danish political climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So he came as soon as pot was legalized. I wonder how many more of his kind were attracted by the legalization.
In all fairness, pot is as close to legal as it gets in Denmark - perfectly tolerated for personal use. What is a very hard thing to find in Denmark is a remote and undisturbed spot to live off the grid - the country is simply too densely populated and cultivated for that.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:31 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,415,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If that is true, then he has overstayed long enough to get a life-time ban from US.

So he came as soon as pot was legalized. I wonder how many more of his kind were attracted by the legalization.

It says "at least 4 years" in that one town in CO. He could have been in the US for 15 years, possibly living in a different location before, maybe in CO or another state.

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-03-2018 at 12:51 PM..

Old 07-03-2018, 12:39 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In all fairness, pot is as close to legal as it gets in Denmark - perfectly tolerated for personal use. What is a very hard thing to find in Denmark is a remote and undisturbed spot to live off the grid - the country is simply too densely populated and cultivated for that.
I know many Danes are keen hashis users, but possession is illegal, and repeat offenders can get in trouble.

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/legal...mark-overview/

Quote:
Denmark is a small Scandinavian country that borders Germany and is linked to Sweden by the Øresund Bridge, connecting the cities of Copenhagen and Malmo. The Danish capital Copenhagen is home to a community known as Freetown Christiania, which is infamous for its cannabis trade.

However, despite the Nordic nation’s apparent liberal attitude to cannabis, the laws of the country are actually relatively strict.
possession of drugs is an offence, and may be subject to a maximum of two years’ imprisonment.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:18 PM

20,622 posts, read 19,277,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Incorrect. Texas keeps statistics on illegal aliens and crime. I posted the article.

CATO?

Pay attention to:
native born peers

So now the lefties don't mind the Koch brothers. Well I always say the quality of the data regardless of the source.

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...egal-immigrant
The vast majority of research finds that immigrants do not increase local crime rates and that they are less likely to cause crime and less likely to be incarcerated than their native-born peers.3

Less criminal than their peers which I highlighted

They continue by focusing on immigrant incarceration rates by country of origin in the 2010 Census. Less educated young Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan men (poorly educated young men are most likely to be incarcerated) make up the bulk of the unlawful immigrant population but have significantly lower incarceration rates than native-born men without a high-school diploma.
Best car in its class of one like in all the car commercials.

In other words the uneducated poor in Central America is normal. In the US it represents the dregs of our society.

Arizona shows the opposite.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3099992

So does the federal prison system.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi..._FY17_Q4_2.pdf

A total of 58,766 known or suspected aliens were in in DOJ custody at the end of FY 2017,
including 39,455 persons in BOP custody and 19,311 in USMS custody.
Of this total, 37,557 people had been confirmed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
(ICE) to be aliens (
i.e.
, non-citizens and non-nationals), while 21,209 foreign-born people were
still under investigation by ICE to determine alienage.
Among the 37,557 confirmed aliens, 35,334 people (94 percent) were unlawfully present. These
numbers include
a 92 percent unlawful rate among 24,476 confirmed aliens in BOP custody and
a 97 percent unlawful rate among 13,081 confirmed aliens in USMS custody.
This report does not include data on the foreign-born or alien populations in state prisons and
local jails because state and local facilities do not routinely provide DHS or DOJ
with
comprehensive information about their inmates and detainees. This limitation is noteworthy
because state and local facilities account for approximately
percent
of the total U.S.
incarcerated population. DHS and DOJ are working to develop a reliable methodology for
estimating the status of state and local incarcerated populations in future reports

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics...statistics.jsp

Old 07-03-2018, 02:10 PM

15,492 posts, read 10,426,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh yeah, it's true, and I agree that he needs to be on the next flight out of here. Sadly, the San Luis Valley tends to draw his type, and they all need to go somewhere else.
And sadly, the fire has moved well into the next county. Land crews are fighting to save my vacation home and community as I type. I'd rather see it burn, than for any of them to get hurt. I was really a vocal opponent of illegal aliens before, I'll probably be unbearable now.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:43 PM

37,764 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Except it was Costilla County deputies, but I guess alternate facts are kind of a standard debate technique now.

Hey, a gay slur. I guess if you can't unload on him for his skin color, it will have to do.
What are you talking about with a gay slur? Code Pink are anti-war political lefty wackos who, for the most part, disrupt Congress. They wear pink. From what I can see they are mostly women. They've been around a long time (since Bush administration). Two women head the group. Medea Benjamin is one of them. Can't think of the other one's name. Compared to Antifa, they act downright dull. They're mostly annoying. They were prominent during the Arab Spring carrying on. I never heard of them having anything to do with gay issues.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:45 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,208,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It has already been posted many time the statistics of crime perpetuated by illegals vs. non-illegals. Illegals commit less crimes.

It is fine to want to stop illegal immigration. If is not fine to lie about the reasons.
So is it okay to disparage blacks by your logic?

Old 07-03-2018, 03:34 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,305,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
And sadly, the fire has moved well into the next county. Land crews are fighting to save my vacation home and community as I type. I'd rather see it burn, than for any of them to get hurt. I was really a vocal opponent of illegal aliens before, I'll probably be unbearable now.
I'm so sorry. I live in the Denver Metro and my local fire and rescue recently sent a team to help contain the fire. What an awful summer this is shaping up to be for wildfire.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What are you talking about with a gay slur? Code Pink are anti-war political lefty wackos who, for the most part, disrupt Congress. They wear pink. From what I can see they are mostly women. They've been around a long time (since Bush administration). Two women head the group. Medea Benjamin is one of them. Can't think of the other one's name. Compared to Antifa, they act downright dull. They're mostly annoying. They were prominent during the Arab Spring carrying on. I never heard of them having anything to do with gay issues.
Oh. Well, I stand corrected. What makes you think he was involved with Code Pink? Did you just pull something out of the people-I-don't-like drawbag?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies