Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 12:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,361,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree if they are stupid enough to continue acting like toddlers, that will occur.

GINS BERG is likely to have to retire soon, as Father Time knows no party affiliation.
I cannot wait to see what they do after July 9! Imagine what they will do when Ginsberg and Breyer retire or pass away! I believe we will see a 7-2 court in our lives, very shorty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,102,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I predict a red wave this November and a Trump triumph in 2020 along with not only this SCOTUS confirmation, but probably two more.
Sure, but what does a red wave accomplish?

The GOP House, Senate, and White House just passed and signed the largest spending bill in U.S. history, that contains new gun control legislation, fully funds Planned Parenthood, and funds border walls in Jordan and Tunisia. They passed and signed another extension of the Patriot Act. Another Farm Bill welfare handout.

From 2001-2007 the GOP controlled all 3 branches and grew government exponentially.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 PM

33,843 posts, read 16,875,949 times
Quote:
I cannot wait to see what they do after July 9! Imagine what they will do when Ginsberg and Breyer retire or pass away! I believe we will see a 7-2 court in our lives, very shorty.

I view 6-3 most likely, but its already going to be at least 5 conservs for decades to come. Our group is gonna be far younger after July 9th, likely 2 newbies both under 55.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Sure, but what does a red wave accomplish?

The GOP House, Senate, and White House just passed and signed the largest spending bill in U.S. history, that contains new gun control legislation, fully funds Planned Parenthood, and funds border walls in Jordan and Tunisia. They passed and signed another extension of the Patriot Act. Another Farm Bill welfare handout.

From 2001-2007 the GOP controlled all 3 branches and grew government exponentially.
Yes, I'm frustrated too, with this level of spending and violation of rights. We can hope that we can see a counter in the SCOTUS at the very least. In any event, imagine what the Democrats will attempt if they come into power.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:20 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,102,469 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm frustrated too, with this level of spending and violation of rights. We can hope that we can see a counter in the SCOTUS at the very least. In any event, imagine what the Democrats will attempt if they come into power.
So then why the optimism about a red wave? You know as well as I do that the difference between Democrats and Republicans is microscopic.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
So then why the optimism about a red wave? You know as well as I do that the difference between Democrats and Republicans is microscopic.
not true.

Recent SC cases showcased the big gulf between parties. Individual rights are protected best by the non "Group Think" GOP .

Old 07-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I'm speaking from an electoral perspective. I do not believe the Democrats will win back either branch of Congress, and as bad as the Republicans are in those bodies, they are still better than the Democrats. I want to see pro-Trump Republicans elected and I also believe the longer our President is in office, the more members of Congress will come around and in fact, we are already seeing this happen.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:

I want to see pro-Trump Republicans elected

me, too

MAGA

Old 07-01-2018, 12:53 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,828,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
My eyes and ears. I am the source. I am capable of independent thought and forming an opinion based on what I see, hear, and experience, along with taking into consideration what others have told me they have experienced.

Do you not watch the news? Do you not think about what you observe?

Excellent. We have a neutral 'jumping off' point (hopefully). So...what does your experience and what you've been told by others (that all liberals are intolerant) have to do with me? If you really are capable of independent thought, you know that not all liberals are intolerant (we are not a monolith), just like not all conservatives are intolerant (because conservatives are not a monolith either).

See, what happens when you say "liberals do/think/say/are 'X'" without any qualifiers (some, many, a few, a lot, etc.) is you throw all of us in one box, and slap us all with the same label. It's disingenuous and lazy. Do better.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:54 PM

16,063 posts, read 10,636,083 times
Liberals and even most moderates have no tolerance for bigots, racists, misogynists, white supremacists, islamophobes, homophobes, and abusive religious zealots. There’s no room in America for that. Trump is the living personification of those things. Trump cultists can’t tolerate anyone who doesn’t worship Trump. Anyone wearing a MAGA hat or serving as a Trump lickspittle or spouting Trump lies should expect some grief...like walking into a propeller...as it should be. Then they act like they are surprised at the adverse reaction. Cry me a river, snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies