Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 02:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
It seems that the left is giving the right a dose of its own medicine. Right wing media has been dishing it out to not only leftist policies but leftists themselves for decades... DECADES.

Although, I don't consider right wing media ignorance as intolerance, but money-grabbing pandering. Many of my leftist friends and family do view the right wing tripe as a continuous attack on their very persons.

Some smart guy said it years ago... you reap what you sow.
to leftists, attacking peaceful marchers is 'free speech' while the peaceful march itself is 'violence'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 02:31 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Ha!

Old 07-01-2018, 02:35 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What planet do you live on?!

Republicans aren’t shooting up democrat politicians playing baseball.

Republicans aren’t banning democrats from speaking at colleges or rioting and burning buildings when they do.

Republicans aren’t bullying democrats while they eat in restaurants or outside their homes.

Republicans have never threatened electoral college candidate to vote their way or else they’d be harmed.

Republicans and their media aren’t advocating the assasination of a dem president.

Republicans never harmed, harassed or deeply insulted a democrat presidents children.

A Republican candidate has never called half the country it disagrees with deplorable and ignorant.

The RNC has never hired and paid agitators to start trouble at democrat rallys like the DNC repeatedly has.

Democrats Insult and harass conservative blacks and gays just because they don’t tow the liberal line.

Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..........
And Republicans never assault anyone just for disagreeing with them

Old 07-01-2018, 03:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
That would lead to an intolerant society. I provided a definition in this thread already. It basically says that by tolerating intolerance will lead to an intolerant society. Therefore, we cannot tolerate intolerance. It might be too complicated a thought for these posters but I figured I'd put it out there!
Who determines the behavioral standard to which tolerance or intolerance is applied?

Oh right. Liberals. Because they believer theirs are the only view that matters.

The right wants to have its own views. It doesn't care if you believe them or not.

The left wants to force its views on everyone else, and if you do not believe them? It cares very very very much, to the point of violence that you MUST believe the same, and you are defined as "intolerant" if you don't.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:10 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Both parties are intolerant of opposing views, but liberals have to luxury of calling you a bigoted racist sexist xenophobic homophobic prejudice fascist.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Both parties are intolerant of opposing views, but liberals have to luxury of calling you a bigoted racist sexist xenophobic homophobic prejudice fascist.
Sorry your confused the right are more against gay people and more racist then the left.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:25 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
not true.

Recent SC cases showcased the big gulf between parties. Individual rights are protected best by the non "Group Think" GOP .
It is very true.

The GOP Congress and GOP President just passed and signed the largest spending bill in U.S. history. It not only fully funds Planned Parenthood, but also has odious gun control in it.

Individual rights are protected best by the individual, not by the State.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:28 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Claiming that violence and intolerance of the far left is a representative of liberal leaning population is akin to saying that all conservative pro-lifers are capable of attacking and bombing abortion clinics.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm speaking from an electoral perspective. I do not believe the Democrats will win back either branch of Congress, and as bad as the Republicans are in those bodies, they are still better than the Democrats. I want to see pro-Trump Republicans elected and I also believe the longer our President is in office, the more members of Congress will come around and in fact, we are already seeing this happen.
From a libertarian anarchist perspective they are identical. The IRS still exists, the Federal Reserve still exists, U.S. taxpayers are still funding an overseas military empire, the Department of Education still exists, as do the FDA, the USDA, the ATF, and so on. The debt has gone up by over a billion, as has the deficit. The Patriot Act still exists. The NSA still exists.

Get the point?

Old 07-01-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
me, too

MAGA
I want to see no one elected.

Make
America
Libertarian
Again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies