Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:33 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,735,966 times

Advertisements

Where did this twisted logic come from?

I don't think that Trump was around when the American flag was first flown.

This country is starting to scare me but not because of Trump.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times

Old 07-01-2018, 10:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I've got better ones:

1.) Don't trespass or litter on other people's property.

2.) Voting changes nothing and is meaningless.

3.) Taxation is theft.

4.) Support capitalists who create wealth.

5.) Be a good neighbor by respecting property rights.
6) Donate a drone to kill some poor SOB minding his own business walking down the street in Tripoli.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:54 PM

652 posts, read 340,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We are in the US this week. However we have decided not to fly a flag on the 4th as we do not want it to be be interpreted in any way as support for trump.

Anyone else share this dilemma?
Just go back to Mexico. You don’t deserve this country.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
If you are American, you should celebrate the Fourth of July. With your flag, with fireworks, with BBQs and beer. Knock yourselves out, however you choose to. Fly your flag or not; your choice.

I'm not American, but I can say this: that America stands for a lot that many of the world's people aspire to. Freedom of speech, of the press, and so much more. I'm not jealous--I'm in Canada, where we have the same basic freedoms--but so many in the world do not, and see America as a place where they feel that they would be free to be who they couldn't be in their home countries.

Canada and the US disagree on many things lately (tariffs, anyone?), but I still think that we are great friends. Mr. Trump may be trying to divide us, but he is just one blip in the 200+ years that we have had diplomatic relations. We will continue together, cordially, and as friends, during and after Mr. Trump's presidency.

It is a little early, but I wish my American friends, in person and here online, a happy Fourth of July. I won't be flying my American flag (yes, I have one), mainly because I'll be out of town on the Fourth, but know that I am glad of the friendship that our countries share.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
We are in the US this week. However we have decided not to fly a flag on the 4th as we do not want it to be be interpreted in any way as support for trump.

We do raise the US Flag in parts of the UK on the 4th July and there will be some events to mark the occasion.

The 4th July is more to do with American History and friendship than it is to with Trump.

Would definaely go to the American Beer Festival in London rather than the Democrats Abroad Picnic which sounds like it will be full of snowflakes and the triggered.

Where To Celebrate 4th July In The UK

Happy Fourth of July: What is the US holiday and why do we celebrate here

Where to celebrate the Fourth of July in London | Hot Dinners .

Where To Find Great July 4th Events In London - Time Out

Liberty Fest - 48th Force Support Squadron - Lakenheath FSS

Have a Great 4th July America.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-02-2018 at 04:42 AM..

Old 07-02-2018, 04:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:

I am also home in the USA this month. I will fly the flag because the last time I checked it wasn't the flag of the United States of Trump.
If you don't want to fly the flag, thats fine. Why use Trump as an excuse? Just be honest and say you don't want to fly the flag.
If Trump really is your reason, then I would say I am sad for you that you have no life and allow someone like Trump to impact your decision making.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:03 AM

30,154 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I've got better ones:

1.) Don't trespass or litter on other people's property.

2.) Voting changes nothing and is meaningless.

3.) Taxation is theft.

4.) Support capitalists who create wealth.

5.) Be a good neighbor by respecting property rights.

I agree with you except #2. Voting for the wrong candidates is meaningless. We need better choices.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 6,044,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree with you except #2. Voting for the wrong candidates is meaningless. We need better choices.

I think a step in the right direction is to limit all terms of political office to 2 four year terms. This would enable more people to serve our country at various levels and assist in doing away with career politicians that milk the tax base both during their work span and after retirement.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:20 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Pretty stupid if one cannot separate, in his mind, the birthday of his country from the current president.
I flew a Flag from 2008-2016 and it had zero to do with Flag hating Obama.

I flew the flag in spite of our President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies