Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 01:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Mmm, not a phony...….let's think about that a little:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...t-brain-214658

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.ff31c178dad5

https://www.nrdc.org/trump-lies

Back in the day; when liars were outed for their activity we were taught that the word "phony" was the most applicable descriptor for such a person.

Back in the day stupid people didn't line up to worship at the feet of such a person in the most embarrassing display of lemming behaviour ever witnessed on this continent.

Even the stupid people had more self respect back then..
But why do you (as a Canadian who snow-birds in the U.S.) care if Americans (by the particular laid out process) elected a liar?

You obviously care in some fashion, else you wouldn't bring it up.

Do you think it is somehow going to change 'how you snow-bird', or do you just like wagging your proverbial finger and feeling justified in doing so?

(It has to be something besides the tariffs and the G7 etc. insults. You didn't just all of a sudden feel this way after those two things)

Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Who'se Obama and what has he got to do with this topic?

You sound like George Clooney .

One of the Fox people interviewed George Clooney on a red carpet during the Obama administration. The Fox person said "Obama", and Clooney grimaced and replied "He's not 'Obama', he's the President of the United States."

Old 07-02-2018, 01:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Yes. I do realize he always sounds like an idiot.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I generally like my leaders to be understandable and make sense when they speak.

This isn't really a high bar, here... And Trump routinely fails to get over it.

JOOC, do you think 43 did ?

Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

JOOC, do you think 43 did ?
Yes. Bush Jr did not sound like an utter moron.

All presidents flub a word here and there. His biggie was “nucular.”

Trump makes Bush Jr look like a Rhodes scholar.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But why do you (as a Canadian who snow-birds in the U.S.) care if Americans (by the particular laid out process) elected a liar?

You obviously care in some fashion, else you wouldn't bring it up.

Do you think it is somehow going to change 'how you snow-bird', or do you just like wagging your proverbial finger and feeling justified in doing so?

(It has to be something besides the tariffs and the G7 etc. insults. You didn't just all of a sudden feel this way after those two things)
I don't presume to speak for another, but I would ask one question:

Do you care what your next-door neighbor does, if said neighbor's actions have a potential impact on your life?

There are threads on here almost every day where Americans question the actions of other countries, countries with which we share no borders at all. In light of that, I think Canadians can be excused for feeling they have at least a small stake in what we do here.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:30 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He talks about grabbing p***y in private, but denies it in public.
He said"and they let you" but the msm media and Trump haters conveniently leave that part out. He didn't force anyone.
He admitted to it. He said that he is not that same man that he was 20 years ago.

Most of America forgave him and was made obvious on election night. The ones that didn't forgive him didn't care what he said. They just wanted to created a distraction from his opponent's defense of her hubby's ongoing actual sex crimes. You will see even more evidence of that forgiveness in 2021.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:34 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I heard the audio of that John Melendez prank call to Air Force One, and it really proved that Trump speaks with exactly the same demeanor and language in private as he does during a television interview.
He never deviates from his genuine persona, always himself, no act.
You could copy and paste that phone call onto a television interview and it would be a perfect fit.
Yes, the liberal media and the liberal celebs(if you can call them that) think they are so clever and keep trying to catch President Trump at something and it just backfires on them. It shows Trump to be who he says he is. Publicly and privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. Bush Jr did not sound like an utter moron.

All presidents flub a word here and there. His biggie was “nucular.”

Trump makes Bush Jr look like a Rhodes scholar.
Enjoy your delusion. You won't be prepared in 2021 on election night so liberals will be blindsided. Again. MAGA

Old 07-02-2018, 03:52 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No wonder liberals hate Trump...he’s not a fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
At least he is not a two faced phony like the rest of the politicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You deserve stiffs like Schumer who need a cue card to say Good Morning. Same with Hillary; so polished, measured, well spoken and you know what happened to her.
These three go together, so I'll answer them as such.

Better a fake who doesn't degrade the dignity of others than a "real thing" who deliberately sets out to do so to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
After years of listening to polished turd politicians carefully choosing words and walking fence, Trump is refreshing.
"Refreshing" candor used to demonize, degrade, or strip dignity from others in a contemptuous spirit, and worse encourage frank bullying of those others? Nah. Polished, carefully chosen words and fence walking is DEFINITELY the lesser of the two bads. At least it doesn't give a green light to the "haters" out to throw feces on the essential personhood of others...mock the disabled (NYT reporter), the overweight (Alicia Machado), the allegedly unattractive (Carly Fiorina), appeal to negative and especially false caricatures of those of lower power or social status (illegal immigrants being disproportionately more likely to commit rape, deal drugs, and general crime - The evidence is ambiguous at best.

Quote:
I think even his detractors find him entertaining.
He's the best personality in America and maybe even the world.
You'd probably give your left nut to have Trump's charisma.
Anybody who finds it entertaining to hurt, harm, or degrade others a great personality has a serious lack of compassion for their fellow human beings - especially if any bad they do is trivial compared to the dehumanizing they receive.

Charisma by itself says nothing about the quality of the person. Charisma can be used for evil things as well as for good ones. Even worse, charisma can convince easily-swayed people that a bad thing is really a good one. No thanks. Better a good-hearted bore than a charismatic d-bag.

Speaking more generally, all I see in Trump is kneejerk personalized anger and/or contempt clearly out of proportion to the severity of the problem. What bad, if any, justifies Trump's abusive comments toward them (and his base's distaste for that matter)? … meaning, What level of hurt, harm, or degradation do Trump's opponents do to others that justifies Trump and his base psychologically bludgeoning and demeaning them? Also, how do you know your own standards for trashing others make any sense? So far, it looks like Trump's fans simply saying about their opponents "They're icky! That's why I don't like them!" is a more honest and "refreshing" expression of their views rather than simply believing the standard rumors about such and such horrible thing "those people", and assuming that thing applies to every one of "those people".

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I don't love him, but I respect anyone who is honest and says things as they are, rather than putting on a nice front and then trashing everyone behind their backs, which many people think is the more "mature" way to act.
Putting on a nice front does not mean trashing everyone behind their backs. Trashing in general, up front and behind backs in equal measure, is not only immature but it also is excessive.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,177 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
I heard the audio of that John Melendez prank call to Air Force One, and it really proved that Trump speaks with exactly the same demeanor and language in private as he does during a television interview.
He never deviates from his genuine persona, always himself, no act.
You could copy and paste that phone call onto a television interview and it would be a perfect fit.
That is worrying.

So Trump isn't just acting that's actually his really persona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies