Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Hmm, no Antifa-launched civil war on November 4? Now there's gonna be a Democrat-started civil war on July 4? If this doesn't prove Alex Jones is a false prophet (and a false profit too, given his business of screeching paranoia), then the AJ fanbase is hopelessly brainwashed.

Yeah, I know that already, but for a few days,I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If I don't hear blaring sirens and interruptions for Special Reports by 12:01 am of July 5 (Hawaii or Alaska Time, again giving AJ and his fans the benefit of the doubt), THEN I'll start calling AJ a bizarre again
See here we go. You are lying. He said they will attempt to launch civil war. They do and of course predictably fail.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:36 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,950,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So has CNN. Comparing Trump to Hitler is basically the same.

Alex Jones is technically correct. Far leftists intend to start a civil war. They have said so.

“a few people want to stand up and say, I’ve had enough, that’s it” and “When are people going to get off the couch and rise up?”. He also added: “Sadly, Trump is not going to leave … He plans to be re-elected, he loves the term ‘president for life.’ The only way that we’re going to stop this is eventually we’re all going to have to put our bodies on the line. You’re going to have to be willing to do this.”

That was Michael Moore on Stephen Colbert.

So its true. However the fine print is that they are a fringe few of them.

Meanwhile what do we have on this lefty boob tube rubbish is them seriously accusing Trump of wanting to run for a 3rd term . Oh no nothing to laugh off there as fake either.

They probably all love each other boosting all their ratings.
You inhabit an interesting universe.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:38 AM

19,770 posts, read 9,319,406 times
I actually think that Alex Jones might be some kind of "powers that be" plant to convince the public that ALL conspiracy theories are hogwash to detract from the possible fact that perhaps 0.2% of them that ARE true.

Please note the following comes from Business Insider, which I don't think that many people would consider to be a a loony extremist news source.

http://www.businessinsider.com/5-con...be-true-2015-6

Last edited by katharsis; 07-02-2018 at 12:00 PM..

Old 07-02-2018, 11:47 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,782,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Alex Jones and his far right supporters both need to seek help. He's an example of what happens when you give an unhinged man a microphone and a bunch of supporters who live in an alternate reality.
You said it. An acquaintance of mine is a huge "conspiracy theorist" (aka nutjob) and out of morbid curiosity, I look at some of the stuff she talks about. Today, they were discussing the lizard people who eat children and how the "elites" have made deals with the lizard people to usher in children for these underground lizard people in exchange for power. There are mentions of Illuminati and "chem-trails" and how trump is about to reveal himself as "Q-Anon" who was chosen by God Himself. Just wait and see. The whole world will awaken soon when it's all "revealed!" Turns out, trump is SAVING these children by putting them in cages! He's keeping them from being devoured by the underground lizard people. (The earth might actually even be HOLLOW! We don't know! Nasa lies, so why wouldn't the rest of them lie about this?) Some people disagree with the "Lizard People" theory and think that the children would have been funneled into sex trafficking and trump is saving them from that awful fate. And it was all written and planned out way before trump ever reached the Oval Office because someone found a book that described it and there's time travel involved and everything! They were all hoping the Rapture would take place before the major showdown.

Alternate Reality is exactly right. Alex Jones suggests something way off the wall and they all yell, "Oh, yeah, that makes perfect sense!"

Old 07-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You inhabit an interesting universe.

You watch fake news and pretend only your burning effigies do.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:52 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,950,677 times
Quote:
You watch fake news and pretend only your burning effigies do.
More alternate facts?

Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I actually think that Alex Jones might be some kind of "powers that be" plant to convince the public that ALL conspiracy theories are hogwash to detract from the possible fact that perhaps 0.2% of them that ARE true.

Well he has gotten a few correct as I said , no one was talking about the Bilderberg group when he was.

Some conspiracy theories must be true because people conspire all the time. Generally for conspiring to work its a good idea not to be forthcoming with the evidence of it. So some of it is just a theory. The difference is between the outlandish and the plausible.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:59 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,594,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I'll be on a horse riding through the canyons in Utah with a Winchester just in case any liberals are hiding in the brush.

And liberals will have muffled-sound drones flying at 30,000 ft (about 9,000 meters, for those on metric) with high-res cameras armed with mini-missiles. More efficient use of resources. Why not? If totalitarians (on both sides) initially had more advanced missile and rocket technology, then liberals will have no problem with keeping up with conservative military tech for an even longer time.

Who knows, we might even find a way to develop a "cruise bullet" or "fire and forget" bullet - one that can change its path to hit the intended target .

Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
More alternate facts?

Again, since CNN has been caught lying what exactly do you mean?

CNN is fake news and no less so than Alex Jones.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:02 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,594,028 times
Quote:
Well he has gotten a few correct as I said , no one was talking about the Bilderberg group when he was.

Some conspiracy theories must be true because people conspire all the time. Generally for conspiring to work its a good idea not to be forthcoming with the evidence of it. So some of it is just a theory. The difference is between the outlandish and the plausible.

Which is like saying "There's gonna be a diplomatic crisis in the Middle East within the next three years" - then listing off all the possible types of crises. You fire a gun enough times at a target, eventually you will hit the bullseye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.