Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 07:05 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You dont agree with everything that your taxes go to either. You still have to pay taxes because you benefit tremendously from it. Same with unions
Nope. Post Janus.

MAGA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, it's about weakening a union's ability to launder money.

What is the actual cost of collective bargaining?

How much does it actually cost for union leaders to sit down with company management for 2-4 hours a day for 3-5 days and hammer out a contract?

Unless there's an actual strike, or the union has voted to go on strike, that's all we're talking about is a couple of hours a day for a no more than a week or two, so how much does that really cost?

If unions only charged the true cost of collective bargaining, then no one would be complaining, but that's not the case. Unions are charging for the cost of collective bargaining, plus charging additional excessive fees in order to expressly engage in activities totally unrelated to collective bargaining.
You got to be kidding me. Unions are the reason why we have labor rights in America and why Europe even has the public safety net they have there. Without unions you would be slaving away with no Medicare, no SS, no public safety net, no public schools, no 40 hour workweek and corporations would be free to steamroll over consumers and the society at large. Eliminate union power and ordinary workers dont stand a chance. In fact, workers had far more reason to be optimistic in the 1930s than today even with corporations hiring private armies to gun down workers, as workers had strong union communities, thousands of union newspapers and unions educated the workers and gave them hope with strength in numbers. When unions are crushed, workers are like lone rangers up against a well equipped platoon.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:07 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Eliminate all public unions--ESPECIALLY police unions.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nope. Post Janus.

MAGA
So you want to eliminate taxes because you dont agree with everything your taxes are spent on? You have to pay to be part of the society that you benefit from. Crushing the workers and celebrating Wall Street's success will only lead to the further demise of the working class. 20 years of stagnating incomes for the majority of workers. You have seen nothing yet. It will be far worse as your Medicare is eliminated to make way for higher Wall Street profits.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
You dont agree with everything that your taxes go to either. You still have to pay taxes because you benefit tremendously from it.
Taxation is theft.

I don't benefit one bit from my tax dollars being used to bomb babies overseas and to maintain a worldwide military empire.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Taxation is theft.

I don't benefit one bit from my tax dollars being used to bomb babies overseas and to maintain a worldwide military empire.
But you benefit from the education you got, the roads and utilities, the vaccines you got as a child. You dont want to pay for civilization and prefer freeloading.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:12 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is how those Russian oligarchs became so rich, they grabbed the public assets in Russia and there was no legal attempt to protect the interests of the ordinary people.

In Communist China and the Soviet Union, both public and private unions are banned.
The plutocrats in the US want us just like them.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
So you want to eliminate taxes because you dont agree with everything your taxes are spent on? You have to pay to be part of the society that you benefit from. Crushing the workers and celebrating Wall Street's success will only lead to the further demise of the working class. 20 years of stagnating incomes for the majority of workers. You have seen nothing yet. It will be far worse as your Medicare is eliminated to make way for higher Wall Street profits.
Brain based economy is not union reliant.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
But you benefit from the education you got, the roads and utilities, the vaccines you got as a child. You dont want to pay for civilization and prefer freeloading.
Went to private schools-big benefit. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
No, I don't want any of the State's services. I'd much rather have the choice of doing business with whomever I choose instead of being forced to use the State's monopoly.

Roads, utilities, schools, and the like can all be better provided by competing free-market private companies.

It still doesn't change the fact that $1 out of every $4 I have confiscated from me is used for to maintain the empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies