Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 02:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
American jury? Just barely American.
Only US citizens can serve on a jury. Do you think some Americans are MORE American than other Americans?

Old 07-02-2018, 02:34 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
America-hating American citizens is what I took from it.
trumpettes are all for the Rule of Law.....except when it goes against them

Old 07-02-2018, 02:35 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
America-hating American citizens is what I took from it.
Sure - I understood that, too. But I'm looking for the OP's take.

And what makes them "American-hating" exactly?

And even if they do "hate America" (which I don't see evidence of), they're still Americans.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:37 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Any other case with any other defendant and it would have been an, at a minimum, involuntary manslaughter conviction, acting with reckless disregard resulting in a death.

It was a political verdict. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Any other case with any other defendant and it would have been an, at a minimum, involuntary manslaughter conviction, acting with reckless disregard resulting in a death.

It was a political verdict. Nothing more and nothing less.
Why do you think that? What are you basing this on?

Old 07-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why do you think that? What are you basing this on?
Which part?

Involuntary manslaughter or political verdict?

Reckless disregard is pretty evident. Looking at vehicle IM convictions are illuminating there. Slippery roads are not a mitigating factor.

The second is my opinion from knowing many people who live in, and having relatives there, San Francisco.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Which part?

Involuntary manslaughter or political verdict?

Reckless disregard is pretty evident. Looking at vehicle IM convictions are illuminating there. Slippery roads are not a mitigating factor.

The second is my opinion from knowing many people who live in, and having relatives there, San Francisco.
Honestly, unless you were on the jurry and saw what they saw, you really don't know how it should have been ruled. Kate Steinle case juror, defends decision, says murder was 'a freak accident' | Fox News

The implication here is that they put politics above the rule of law (because they live in San Francisco?). If anything, I think they did the opposite. A political ruling would be to do exactly what you think they should of done. They, instead, followed the rules of the court, which lead them to their ruling.

Was it flawed? Possibly. But that is the nature of our court system. We are innocent until proven guilty - not the other way around.

I'm not sure if you're that familiar with SF - this was a pretty contentious case here. Don't forget that Kate lived in SF, too.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trumpettes are all for the Rule of Law.....except when it goes against them
good thing "trumpettes" (?) usually follow the law...degenerate liberals on the other hand...

Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Honestly, unless you were on the jurry and saw what they saw, you really don't know how it should have been ruled. Kate Steinle case juror, defends decision, says murder was 'a freak accident' | Fox News

The implication here is that they put politics above the rule of law. If anything, I think they did the opposite. A political ruling would be to do exactly what you think they should of done. They, instead, followed the rules of the court, which lead them to their ruling.

Was it flawed? Possibly. But that is the nature of our court system. We are innocent until proven guilty - not the other way around.
Aren't you one of the people who demand that parents of juveniles charged with gun crimes also be charged?

Look, the only reason you think this was a "good" verdict, and Do The Twist is the same, is that it was something that gigged Trump. Stevie Wonder can see that.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:00 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
American jury? Just barely American.

#notmyjury
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies